• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer expect PS4 price cut this holiday in US

Illuminati-dollar_tower1.jpg

He has his sources
they're involved in the tech/electronics world too?

Darknight

Here is Spenser's plan:

"If PS4 drops to $299.99, we are fucked."

$200 1TB Xbone bundle (with $150 elite pad) with Halo 5 & Tomb Raider incoming!

Though I like that Xbox has someone who isn't a complete moron doing PR for a change, having a thread for everything he says is a bit too much.
I'm hoping that Xbox will have a really impressive bundle for Xmas as we are looking at one seriously. Just not one with halo, gears or forza.

I think he missed an s off of project?

As for the topic at hand, of course Spencer will have an idea of what Sony have planned for the holidays just like Sony and Nintendo will have plans and counter plans to what the competition is doing. Actually,maybe not Nintendo so much in the here and now they're probably focussing on the NX.

I think they will test the waters and see if the xbox bundles and halo rock the boat much in sales.

If they start losing serious ground and look bad, $100 price drop early novemer.

If they lose a little ground and still look good, $50 price drop early november.

If xbox fizzles and fails to gain ground or sony gains more ground on them, more bundle deals with free games.

It will still be $900 in Canada :(

Hey, at least it's not $1600 like in Brazil.

I guess Microsoft strategy might be "wait and see how Halo does in selling new consoles" then depending on that either drop the price before black friday or just continue with the same price until next year. I honestly don't see them dropping the price right preemptively (since they've already done that) or doing a me-too if Halo moves consoles (which it likely will).

OEM

It will still be $900 in Canada :(

Well tbh, PS4 is dominating Amazon.ca despite the price.

I am actually very shocked, people are buying this console regardless of the price. Currency conversion is hurting MS just as bad as Sony, but Sony sees no reason to lower it seeing the demand.

500GB 450$ PS4 console is outselling 1TB 350$ Xbox One.

Wagram

It's possible, but I still think PS4 is strong enough to ride it through the holiday season in the US and be very competitive with Microsoft. Those bundles (especially Star Wars) are going to sell fucking insane numbers. I still believe the US price cut comes next year.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well tbh, PS4 is dominating Amazon.ca despite the price.

I am actually very shocked, people are buying this console regardless of the price. Currency conversion is hurting MS just as bad as Sony, but Sony sees no reason to lower it seeing the demand.

500GB 450$ PS4 console is outselling 1TB 350$ Xbox One.
Not necessarily, Microsoft has operations and studios in Vancouver. They can just funnel the money there, no need to convert it to USD. Does Sony have anything big operating in Canada?

Alo0oy

Banned
Not necessarily, Microsoft has operations and studios in Vancouver. They can just funnel the money there, no need to convert it to USD. Does Sony have anything big operating in Canada?

Sony operates in almost every single country, the only company that I can think that has reach as big as Sony is Google.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sony operates in almost every single country, the only company that I can think that has reach as big as Sony is Google.
Yes. But it's no where near as big as Microsoft in capital and assets investment in Canada, right? What does Sony produce or manufacture in Canada?

New data centers

Software development expansion

Not to mention the Microsoft Stores that keep popping up everywhere.

Can't find anything with a quick search on Sony Canada other than closing all its store branches.

AdanVC

I hope so. I'm still on the fence of getting a PS4 and a price drop would be excellent so I can be ready for Uncharted 4 and FFXV.

Someone asks him a question, he answers it honestly, people troll him and assign hidden agendas. I don't get it. Ancient aliens? Is he considered a general in a console war? I guess. He's just a guy running a gaming division.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Someone asks him a question, he answers it honestly, people troll him and assign hidden agendas. I don't get it. Ancient aliens? Is he considered a general in a console war? I guess. He's just a guy running a gaming division.
GAF has been quite bitter towards XBO in the past few days. Don't know why. Maybe FM6 + dashboard has something to do with it.

Blanquito

Yeah, this thread is weird. Lots of thread whining, when this is actually something pretty interesting to talk about as far as XB1 and PS4, and how they're looking at the coming holiday.

wapplew

GAF has been quite bitter towards XBO in the past few days. Don't know why. Maybe FM6 + dashboard has something to do with it.

This must be it. All the salt of Sony fan boy who have to stick with their boring UI and waiting ages for GT7.

Top Bottom