• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer felt “even better” after knowing the PS5 specs

giphy.gif

this is amazing

SonicBoomBoy

Neo Member
Cross gen is definitely the future and all the better for it but the PS5 SSD will still have to wait for everyone else to load in.

leo-j

Precisely having a weak ass console as the Xbox One it's what made the Xbox brand fail this generation, throwing away all the hardwork and momentum gained with the Xbox and the Xbox 360. After the 360, they were in position to actually be capable to outsell Sony if they didn't fuck it up with the new console, but they did precisely that. They betrayed the Xbox philosophy, they got arrogant and greedy and paid the price.

Returning to what made the Xbox brand great in the first place is the right thing to do.
Thankfully seems like they have learned their lesson.

Mhm

you can argue the main reason Microsoft took off during the 360 era was because everything went right for them. With the exception of the RROD.
3rd party exclusivity started disappearing because the ps2 base was split, Microsoft would make big big announcements like, your favorite PlayStation franchises are now on Xbox.

they would stomp on Sony left and right during that gen.

But ultimately it was $399 vs $599. Even if ps3 lead in tech, the games were a year behind too. It wasn’t until they were in a price parity almost and Sony stepped up their game line up that the ps3 ultimately outsold the 360.

so my argument is,

399 vs 499. Or 499 vs 599. If the series x is 100 more. Will it be 360 vs ps3? Again?

Jon Neu

Banned
Mhm

you can argue the main reason Microsoft took off during the 360 era was because everything went right for them. With the exception of the RROD.
3rd party exclusivity started disappearing because the ps2 base was split, Microsoft would make big big announcements like, your favorite PlayStation franchises are now on Xbox.

they would stomp on Sony left and right during that gen.

But ultimately it was $399 vs $599. Even if ps3 lead in tech, the games were a year behind too. It wasn’t until they were in a price parity almost and Sony stepped up their game line up that the ps3 ultimately outsold the 360.

so my argument is,

399 vs 499. Or 499 vs 599. If the series x is 100 more. Will it be 360 vs ps3? Again?

MS did what they should always do: create the most powerful console they can, sell it at a competitive price and create amazing new IP's. Just by doing that, they were close to dethrone Sony,

Also in the interview, Phil hinted that they are waiting to see the price of the PS5 to act accordingly.

leo-j

MS did what they should always do: create the most powerful console they can, sell it at a competitive price and create amazing new IP's. Just by doing that, they were close to dethrone Sony,

Also in the interview, Phil hinted that they are waiting to see the price of the PS5 to act accordingly.

Sony didn’t have any big name IP until almost the middle of that gen.

Gears of war vs resistance (pretty good FPS but it wasn’t GP friendly)

Halo 3 vs (Unccharted 1, Warhawk,heavenly sword all okay new IP but doesn’t compare to Halo at the time)

after that you can say ps3 started taking off at 399/299 and with uncharted 2, god of war, the last of us, etc.

Microsoft hasn’t really delivered AAA new ip since the early 360 days. And blew a big lead after that.

Gargus

Banned
Xbox one x was more powerful than ps4 pro and it didn't help them at all.

Microsoft is essentially a dude that has a massive cock and he can't get it hard, meanwhile the guy with an average dick is getting all the pussy because chicks want a hard dick.

Ok great xbox is powerful with big specs. Whoopie fucking doo, it still doesn't have very many compelling exclusive games. So yeah Microsoft has a big dick, but no one wants to fuck it.

Jon Neu

Banned

Microsoft is essentially a dude that has a massive cock and he can't get it hard, meanwhile the guy with an average dick is getting all the pussy because chicks want a hard dick.

Ok great xbox is powerful with big specs. Whoopie fucking doo, it still doesn't have very many compelling exclusive games. So yeah Microsoft has a big dick, but no one wants to fuck it.

The Xbox One X was doomed since the beginning, the narrative that the Xbox One was less powerful was well established already.

But it was a move in the right direction.

quest

Not Banned from OT

You know the future of how obsidian, inexile and the second playground team games are going to turn out? They might be shit they might be good they maybe average. We won't know for a while. The xbox one x was just a piece in the brand rebuilding after it was destroyed by bad management. Sony won the war E3 2013 long before the X released.

thelastword

Banned
Ohhhh so TFLOPS matter when Sony have more of them, but then when they don't have more of them it doesn't matter any way because Sony developers get more out of less than Microsoft because they're Sony developers. Do you understand how absolutely idiotic you sound when you sink to these depths to defend a company that doesn't give a shit about you other than how much money you are willing to give them? My god they're not paying you. Just calm down.
It's not just about TFLOPS anymore, based on the different designs of the system....PS5 has less TFLOPS, but has much more silicon to eliminates bottlenecks.....So it's lower TF could ideally push just as much performance as Series X or even surpass it in many scenarios......That is the gist of the argument....People have moved on from 12.1 > 10.3 and are now discussing the intricacies of the systems, the PS5 has lots of customized hardware, so there's much more discussion around it there…..You are welcome to discuss what you think Series X brings to the table to offset bottlenecks.

Sony didn’t have any big name IP until almost the middle of that gen.

Gears of war vs resistance (pretty good FPS but it wasn’t GP friendly)

Halo 3 vs (Unccharted 1, Warhawk,heavenly sword all okay new IP but doesn’t compare to Halo at the time)

after that you can say ps3 started taking off at 399/299 and with uncharted 2, god of war, the last of us, etc.

Microsoft hasn’t really delivered AAA new ip since the early 360 days. And blew a big lead after that.
Uncharted sold more than Gears, GT5 sold more than anything on 360.....If you do a genre vs genre breakdown, even early on, it became clear....

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
No then this statement is BS , it may have 44% increase but not 44% more CU’s like you posted, stop trying to spin this as it having 44% more CU’s when it clearly does not like you posted.
It has 30% more CU’s not 44% stop lying
WTF are you talking about? 30 % more CUs would be 36 + 30 % of 36 = 36 + 10.8 CU. 47.8 CU. But it has 16 CU more. 16 / 36 * 100 = 44 % more CU.

PS5 has 30 % less CU than XSX.
XSX has 44 % more CU than PS5.

Those are the true statements. Yours is just made up bullshit.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
It's common sense really when you take into consideration that this is 1.84 Tflops and PS5 is 10.2 Tflops
R5npBgv.jpg

Anyway. Have fun with the rest of this thread. I'm out
my god she is ugly...

On topic, Phil's problem is there is no way I will buy an Xbox since I can just play MS games on my far superior computer.

But congrats on having a console that is tallest midget Phil!

This might be the first generation I don't buy a console. I'm kinda sad Sony dropped the ball so badly.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

WTF are you talking about? 30 % more CUs would be 36 + 30 % of 36 = 36 + 10.8 CU. 47.8 CU. But it has 16 CU more. 16 / 36 * 100 = 44 % more CU.

PS5 has 30 % less CU than XSX.
XSX has 44 % more CU than PS5.

Those are the true statements. Yours is just made up bullshit.
Wrong!
He wrote it has 44% more CU‘s not a increase of 44% . If it had 44% more the XsX would need 60+ CU’s.
Go back to school and learn to read again.
Good point. Xbox SeX has 44% more CU's.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
HA!, let me see you fight hordes of infected and maintain a perfect look.....Reminds me of the movies where people are perfectly done in bed, living on the streets with perfect brows and skin as clean and showered as a whistleblower.....:messenger_winking:
Explain gina carano then.

gina-carano-11.jpg

Gets face pounded on for a living. Still comes out beautiful.

Honestly, Ellie is ugly because of Naughty SJW and their politics.

It's not just about TFLOPS anymore, based on the different designs of the system....PS5 has less TFLOPS, but has much more silicon to eliminates bottlenecks.....So it's lower TF could ideally push just as much performance as Series X or even surpass it in many scenarios......That is the gist of the argument....People have moved on from 12.1 > 10.3 and are now discussing the intricacies of the systems, the PS5 has lots of customized hardware, so there's much more discussion around it there…..You are welcome to discuss what you think Series X brings to the table to offset bottlenecks.

Uncharted sold more than Gears, GT5 sold more than anything on 360.....If you do a genre vs genre breakdown, even early on, it became clear....

You just confirmed what he said though.

Now that Sony has less TF the goalposts have shifted hard. “The intricacies” aren’t even fully revealed for either side yet.

All this talk of bottlenecks, as if XsX’s ultra fast SSD (that does happen to be slower than PS5s) is gonna be the Jaguar CPU of next gen (hint: it isn’t).

gina-carano-11.jpg

I miss MMA Gina

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
my god she is ugly...

On topic, Phil's problem is there is no way I will buy an Xbox since I can just play MS games on my far superior computer.

This might be the first generation I don't buy a console. I'm kinda sad Sony dropped the ball so badly.
I think don't think they've dropped the ball unless you think the most power takes priority over great games. And it'll still be a very powerful console

Sota4077

You are the one that made the declaration about PS5 having some incredibly efficient system that eliminates bottlenecks and magically makes 10.3 TF perform better than 12.1 so how about YOU provide proof of what you are saying. Because that which can be declared without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. You've just declared that Sony's console will perform and look better based on its design. Prove it. And also while you are at it prove that the Xbox Series X has these bottlenecks you keep referring to that will cause it to perform worse than the PS5. I'll wait...

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I think don't think they've dropped the ball unless you think the most power takes priority over great games. And it'll still be a very powerful console
I don't play games that run below 60fps (30fps makes me sick) and I prefer graphics maxed. The ps5 will not be doing 4k/60fps for its flagship games so its dead to me.

My 2080ti cannot even do 4k/60fps maxed with raytracing on. The PS5 has no hope. Get used to the idea of 4k/30 with drops and some half-assed raytracing tech.

The XBX SEX will also struggle to do 4k/60fps with raytracing and match the visuals a 3080/4080ti will produce with ease. My hope was that consoles would eclipse PCs and cost around $600-$800, but, once again, they went the cheap route which is fine for people that don't want the best of the best.

Last edited:

Sota4077

I don't play games that run below 60fps (30fps makes me sick) and I prefer graphics maxed. The ps5 will not be doing 4k/60fps for its flagship games so its dead to me.

My 2080ti cannot even do 4k/60fps maxed with raytracing on. The PS5 has no hope. Get used to the idea of 4k/30 with drops and some half-assed raytracing tech.

The XBX SEX will also struggle to do 4k/60fps with raytracing and match the visuals a 3080/4080ti will produce with ease. My hope was that consoles would eclipse PCs and cost around $600-$800, but, once again, they went the cheap route which is fine for people that don't want the best of the best.

If you want the best of the best wtf are you even paying attentions to consoles for? Seriously? And you were just citing GPU's that don't even exist yet. And those GPU's alone are going to cost more than the Xbox Series X will at launch. You're in here bitching that the Mazda company doesn't make cars comparable to Ferrari for the price of a Mazda CX-5. You make no sense.

Wrong!
He wrote it has 44% more CU‘s not a increase of 44% . If it had 44% more the XsX would need 60+ CU’s.
Go back to school and learn to read again.
LMAO there is no difference between 44% more and a 44% increase with the same base
WTF are you talking about?

100% more or a 100% increase over 36 is 72
How do you come up with 44% being over 60?

cormack12

Gold Member
Phil will be happier. It's easier to market and represent their console as more powerful without the technical qualifiers. Regardless of whether it's true in the real world or not doesn't matter. The larger numbers support the narrative in most cases and the extra valueAdds like BCPack have enough sizzle to give consumers confidence. Sony will be more dependent on brand loyalty the next generation. They may have just hit a sweet spot with digital increasing exponential this gen and licenses tied to accounts/service. But their will still be people who don't care about profiles etc and jump ship.

As an aside I think it's good as they are both trying to undercut each other or get as close to each other as possible for launch. I doubt we'll see beyond £429 for just the console. Neither will want to risk being the 'expensive' box. MEanwhile neither can sell too cheapy either.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
If you want the best of the best wtf are you even paying attentions to consoles for? Seriously? And you were just citing GPU's that don't even exist yet. And those GPU's alone are going to cost more than the Xbox Series X will at launch. You're in here bitching that the Mazda company doesn't make cars comparable to Ferrari for the price of a Mazda CX-5. You make no sense.
Consoles used to come out and be better than current PCs. I like the simplicity of consoles and I like using a controller. I tend to like Sony products. Sorry for wanting a company to do something different, revolutionary even. Instead we are getting a PS5 that isn't even a worthy predecessor of the PS4.

I would have liked to see these consoles released in 2022 with gpus closer to 20tf. Hell I wish one of them would release a truly high tech machine with a dual gpu system in it that gets rid of sli issues and smokes PCs. Basically, I like the brands I just want premium models.

Price doesn't matter to me, and if the 2080ti is already better than the ps5/xbx sex you can bet the next gen cards will widen the gap even further.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
my god she is ugly...

Dropped the ball? Sony are sitting pretty.

Sony have the vast majority of aces up their sleeve.
At the end of the day it boils down to this.

Sony has been all about innovation with the ps5. lets be honest here, xbox has missed a massive trick here.
Both consoles will be 4k 60 fps, then what, Sony are giving you a next gen experience with their new Audio, Hapitic Feedback, ssd for instant game loading. These are changes you will notice and feel.

Look at the games Sony has on their system, Bloodborne, god of war, spider man, horizon ,uncharted. rachet, Last of us, Ghost of Tsusima and the list goes on and on and on. These were all done with a system with 1.84 tflops, the pro with 4.2.

The best Game developers in the industry being given better tools to make their games even better while Microsoft give you a bit more res and abit more fps.

The new consoles gpu is 10.28 thats more than double the ps4 pro and not including the improvements with rdn2 vs gcn, which is another 50%.+ The end result ends up being something like 3 and a half times more gpu for sonys developers to play with.

All this is with out the new cpu, ram and amazing ssd.
Then you have the cost, Sony's system is going to be cheaper than xbox by 50 bucks at least.

We can talk shit here and console war about 2 tflops and joke around about an extra 5 fps here and their but Microsoft do not have the Studios to match Sony.

As much Fud and bullshit that certain people on this forum try to spread the real truth is in the Games.
Sony has already proven they are King.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Sony has been all about innovation with the ps5. lets be honest here, xbox has missed a massive trick here.
Both consoles will be 4k 60 fps, then what, Sony are giving you a next gen experience with their new Audio, Hapitic Feedback, ssd for instant game loading. These are changes you will notice and feel.

Look at the games Sony has on their system, Bloodborne, god of war, spider man, horizon ,uncharted. rachet, Last of us, Ghost of Tsusima and the list goes on and on and on. These were all done with a system with 1.84 tflops, the pro with 4.2.

The best Game developers in the industry being given better tools to make their games even better while Microsoft give you a bit more res and abit more fps.

The new consoles gpu is 10.28 thats more than double the ps4 pro and not including the improvements with rdn2 vs gcn, which is another 50%.+ The end result ends up being something like 3 and a half times more gpu for sonys developers to play with.

Then you have the cost, Sony's system is going to be cheaper than xbox by 50 bucks at least.

We can talk shit here and console war about 2 tflops and joke around about an extra 5 fps here and their but Microsoft do not have the Studios to match Sony.

As much Fud and bullshit that certain people on this forum try to spread the real truth is in the Games.
I am in no way praising MS. The XBX SEX is weak too. That 10.28 ps5 gpu is worse than the current 2080ti. My current 2080ti cannot run 4k/60 with raytracing on CURRENT GEN games. How will the ps5 run 4k/60fps with raytracing on NEXT GEN games? If you say coding to the metal I swear to god...

Last edited:

Sota4077

I am really not sure what to make of your post as a whole. The vast majority of aces up their sleeve? What exactly are those? The SSD? Their games libarary? Their SSD is not going to "revolutionize" the entire industry as folks keep saying. SSD's have been in PC gaming for a decade and even when SSD's came around it did not magically make games perform better or do things that defied the logic of the spec in the PC they were installed. The PS5 will not be any different. It just defies logic to say that the SSD is going to do more than load shit really quickly. And the Series X has something similar albeit slower.

And Haptic Feedback has been on the Xbox One since launch day you know that, yeah? Now sure how Sony are innovating on haptic feedback in a controller when Microsoft have had it for 8 years now.

Your entire post just reads as someone who has read every PR impression from Sony and eaten it up hook line and sinker. Your bringing up FUD only because people are not believing the same shit as you. Most of us are looking to what already exists and it just does not back up what you seem to believe that the SSD is more than just a really fast SSD.

Sony are a great company, but only someone who is a serious console war fanboy walks around defending them as you did and then claims they are "king"

Sota4077

Whatever happened to ''we are not competing with Sony'' ?

That quote was misrepresented quite brazenly. If you read the full context of the conversation he was more stating that Sony are not their only competition anymore and in many ways they are not competing with Sony because they are against Google and Amazon when it comes to game streaming. He never definitively said that Sony is no longer their competition, full stop.

thelastword

Banned

gina-carano-11.jpg

Now let me see her in a ring after she gets pounded 12 rounds by an MMA fighter, let me see her losing a fight in the 12th round......

BTW as you mentioned in your first post, I never noticed it till then, but that screen you quoted is really impressive. I know your takeaway was ugly, but check the amount of detail you see on Ellie's face in realtime, the scuffs and blood, the freckles, the depth to her face, how dirty her body is......This is what I see here, very impressive, her current struggles are written all over her body and face, it's a rare ATD in games...

You are the one that made the declaration about PS5 having some incredibly efficient system that eliminates bottlenecks and magically makes 10.3 TF perform better than 12.1 so how about YOU provide proof of what you are saying. Because that which can be declared without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. You've just declared that Sony's console will perform and look better based on its design. Prove it. And also while you are at it prove that the Xbox Series X has these bottlenecks you keep referring to that will cause it to perform worse than the PS5. I'll wait...
The arguments now are theoretical, the designs are different so the arguments persists till we get tangible head to heads in realtime…...People are now gauging what is possible based on the different design ethos...Devs are weighing in on the conversation, they are saying the PS5 design is impressive and the results will be close, at least for multiplats…..This is generally what the conversation have spiraled from, the tech specs, the varied designs and the dev comments, persons who actually work with the hardware mind, both units, not Dynamic Voltage Games.....From there we extrapolate, but lets keep it genuine without doing things like 9.2TF vs 12.2TF, does it have mesh shading etc....The latter is not directed at you obviously...

Judgment
Sakura Wars
Yakuza 6 and 7
Persona 5 Royal
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Project Awakening

I still see a lot of titles not coming, it's always been a big advantage for PlayStation

I suspect Judgement will make it to the XBox and PC. The 360 never had any if the Yakuza games, that changed, same for Valkyria Chronicles 4
and it almost like you make out the 360 played host to any Sakura Wars game or Persona 4?

And Project Awakening isn't even out yet, let's see if its any good. The One got a decent amount of Japan best AAA games, no doubt thanks to Phil's cheque book

cormack12

Gold Member

Sony do have great studio's, but even now the best selling titles week in, week out are Cod, Fifa, NBA, etc. For context (NPD, US data)

Top 20 Games Of 2019
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019
  2. NBA 2K20
  3. Madden NFL 20
  4. Borderlands 3
  5. Mortal Kombat 11
  6. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  8. Kingdom Hearts III
  9. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
  10. Mario Kart 8
  11. Grand Theft Auto V
  12. Red Dead Redemption II
  13. Minecraft
  14. FIFA 20
  15. Anthem
  16. Pokemon Sword
  17. Resident Evil 2 2019
  18. Luigi’s Mansion 3
  19. Days Gone
  20. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Specifically PlayStation 4
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019
  2. NBA 2K20
  3. Madden NFL 20
  4. Mortal Kombat 11
  5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  6. Borderlands 3
  7. Kingdom Hearts III
  8. Days Gone
  9. MLB 19: The Show
  10. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2

The point boils down to:

Both consoles are a massive step up in storage and compute from last generation;
Both will have an SSD and it will make an enmormous, visible and dramatic impact for every game for both boxes. In the case of Sony, it will have a little more oomph in first party games;

So it's essentially 90% of games will be lightning, with a couple percent exclusives being faster on the Sony box.

Plus, last gen Cerny talked about moving workload from the CPU to the GPU with aSync compute and we had devs praising it, yet both console makers this time round have gone for fat CPU's. The Headset Companion App was barely supported if at all with sound also being a bit point on the PS4. I like Cerny and I only have a PS4 because MS were not my cup of tea this gen but let's be realistic with the comparisons. There is an element of risk, gambling and timing in any success. These are the tradeoffs Sony have made compared to Microsoft.

Jigga117

I am in no way praising MS. The XBX SEX is weak too. That 10.28 ps5 gpu is worse than the current 2080ti. My current 2080ti cannot run 4k/60 with raytracing on CURRENT GEN games. How will the ps5 run 4k/60fps with raytracing on NEXT GEN games? If you say coding to the metal I swear to god...

You obviously don't know what your doing then. I can run ray tracing 4K@60 with my 2080Ti and 9900k with a C9 OLED. But you keep preaching though and trying to justify your purchase.

thelastword

Banned
Consoles used to come out and be better than current PCs. I like the simplicity of consoles and I like using a controller. I tend to like Sony products. Sorry for wanting a company to do something different, revolutionary even. Instead we are getting a PS5 that isn't even a worthy predecessor of the PS4.

I would have liked to see these consoles released in 2022 with gpus closer to 20tf. Hell I wish one of them would release a truly high tech machine with a dual gpu system in it that gets rid of sli issues and smokes PCs. Basically, I like the brands I just want premium models.

Price doesn't matter to me, and if the 2080ti is already better than the ps5/xbx sex you can bet the next gen cards will widen the gap even further.
Hardware wise, not really...…..PC just didn't have the dedication of the devs that consoles had, because PC development is vastly different and you had to cater to 8800GTX Ultra's and 8300's and so many more weaker cards below......There is no one specific hardware spec for PC.....Do you build your game for the two guys who own a GTX 8800 or do you ensure your game can scale across millions of PC's by dialing down ambition...….It's how it always worked....In every console generation you could buy higher spec PC's, the question was always how much was it worth for you do so, because consoles always had the big exclusives.....

GTA on PS2 wrecked shop, because it's a guaranteed installbase and it was worth their while, they had to develop to one spec and garner massive returns......With all these platforms devs cater to these days, it's one of the reasons games take much longer to produce and even after all that time they launch with a gigantic tonne of bugs...….A design ethos to make things easier for the devs to produce quality games faster with less headache and hurdles is always welcomed and it's quite truthfully what this industry needed...….People never leave the tried and true till a visionary engineers a better way to accomplish things we were toiling on for so long...

cormack12

Gold Member
You obviously don't know what your doing then. I can run ray tracing 4K@60 with my 2080Ti and 9900k with a C9 OLED. But you keep preaching though and trying to justify your purchase.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that Control on PS5/XsX will be 4k/60 with ray tracing and it's also what Quantum Error is targeting so it looks to be in reach. The first real true comparison you'll get will be Godfall if it releases on PC/PS5 at the same time

Jon Neu

Banned
HA!, let me see you fight hordes of infected and maintain a perfect look.....Reminds me of the movies where people are perfectly done in bed, living on the streets with perfect brows and skin as clean and showered as a whistleblower.....:messenger_winking:

If they were striving for realism, she would be dead or kept as a slave.

In any postapocaliptic world based on the survival of the strongest, women don't have any chance.

They make her ugly because it's trendy and cool amongst SJW to celebrate ugly women with unshaved bodies and manly features.

Jigga117

If they were striving for realism, she would be dead or kept as a slave.

In any postapocaliptic world based on the survival of the strongest, women don't have any chance.

They make her ugly because it's trendy and cool amongst SJW to celebrate ugly women with unshaved bodies and manly features.

......hater :messenger_beaming:

thelastword

Banned
Of course he felt even better. They ended up making the better console and they'll most likely match Sony on price.
He felt better with XBONEX as well, look how that turned out......I guess we will re-interview Phil come November of this year when the head to heads, first party games and sales numbers roll...….There's always a followup for tangibles...

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No then this statement is BS , it may have 44% increase but not 44% more CU’s like you posted, stop trying to spin this as it having 44% more CU’s when it clearly does not like you posted.

No it is 44% because 52 is 16 more then 36 and 16 is 44% of 52

This is how percentages have always been done on consoles, like how the PS4 was about 40% more powerful then the X1.

Of course he felt even better. They ended up making the better console and they'll most likely match Sony on price.
If the price is the same, xbox is a no brainer. Then if the Sony exclusives are good enough, pick up a ps5 in 5 years to play them all.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
He felt better with XBONEX as well, look how that turned out......I guess we will re-interview Phil come November of this year when the head to heads, first party games and sales numbers roll...….There's always a followup for tangibles...

Im sure Phil will be very pleased when the xsx is doing better then the X1 and the xsx is very competitive in the visual department.

Mendou

Banned
His maths:
52 / 36 = 1.4444444444 (44% greater CUs)
36 x 1.4444444444 = 51.9999999984

Your maths:
36 / 52 = 0.6923076923 (69% of Xbox's CUs)
52 x 0.6923076923 = 35.9999999996

It's confusing. I know.

Top Bottom