• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer saves the day: Microsoft employees to keep free access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

So… was the original decision right and justified and GP for non-Xbox employees always unreasonable and wasteful, or… is Phil now the Great Saviour once again.

I wonder what the response here from the XBDF will be…?

My money’s on deflection back to criticism of everyone who criticised the original decision rather than addressing the mixed messaging from MS and their “ambassadors”.
I’m maintaining my consistent could not give a fuck level of interest, as it affects me not one bit whatever they do.

If you criticised the original decision I’d ask you to review the life choices that led you to the point where you do care enough to be outraged about this complete and utter non event…

I’ve said this before, but I hope this ‘shill’ shit that derails every single thread gets banned soon as it’s beyond tiresome and ruining the forum IMO.

Topher

Gold Member
What a chad. Going above and beyond.

Right Topher Topher ? :messenger_clapping:

XsbnB6E.jpg

Aren't you glad that folks complained about how stupid and petty this was?

Last edited:
Hope this is conditional, that all of them have to sign up for a Neogaf account and post about what they are playing.
I only see the same few, very few people in those threads here.

DaGwaphics

They have like what 250k employees or less. I'd just assume that they'd all get the office sub and GP, lol.

Made for a couple silly GAF threads at least.

Edit: On second thought, an office sub plus GP sets them back about $68m a year. Cancel it Phil, lets get that money to Xbox soldiers on the front lines.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Typical PR shit.

Give me good news in the games department instead of non news. I feel like we've heard this song before.

BigLee74

There were also some notable ones who chose to remain completely silent on the matter as well, which is telling in itself.
I mean, what is this all about? Folk didn’t respond to ‘nothing news’, made even more nothing now, and that’s ‘telling’? 😂😂

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Yeah, accusing me of projection only works if I consistently defend Sony or attack MS.

I do neither. You’ve clearly screened my posts closely enough to know that - you’ve looked and found nothing.

Last time, I pointed out your deflections - you and the rest - so you started accusing anyone criticising anything MS of deflecting away from negative Sony news.
Now I’m pointing out your projections, so you try to flip the script there as well.
And, sure, there are a few of the more easily-swayed here who will probably fall for those tactics. I’d like to think that, for most, you’re just revealing your bias and lack of argumentative substance. Which is a shame- because when you’re not selling something here, you can b be quite insightful.

Oh well.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
It’s almost as if this “drama” today is example #263 of GAF overreacting/whining about something Xbox related. And this thread is example #218 of that “issue” being instantly resolved in the same day. Big nothing burger topped with nothing.

“Almost as if they knew any defense would need to be walked back” 😆😆🤡🤡

More like, almost as if who fucking cares?

“I don’t care! I don’t care so much, I’m going to post and tell the whole world how much I don’t care! EVERYONE LOOK AT HOW MUCH I DON’T CARE!”

Yeah, doesn’t really work does it?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I do neither. You’ve clearly screened my posts closely enough to know that - you’ve looked and found nothing.

No, funny enough all of those examples are from like the first page of your post history. There's half a dozen or so mentions of "XDEF" in your immediate post history.

It's remarkable how much it's living rent free in your mind :messenger_grinning_sweat:

“I don’t care! I don’t care so much, I’m going to post and tell the whole world how much I don’t care! EVERYONE LOOK AT HOW MUCH I DON’T CARE!”

Yeah, doesn’t really work does it?

Are you going to be ok? You’re the one who mentioned me, pumpkin. The only post I made in the thread you’re referencing was mocking how dumb it is. Let me know which part of all of this confuses you.

adamsapple

There were also some notable ones who chose to remain completely silent on the matter as well, which is telling in itself.
Yes it is, especially so when those individuals are typically unapologetically prolific in their forum wide advertising for all things Xbox/Microsoft.

G .. what are we doing here, your 'Ybara was an inside plant for half a decade' level of charlie-day conspiracy rants are seeping towards general forum users now :messenger_grinning_sweat:

You need to take a few days off for thanksgiving.

Last edited:

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
No, funny enough all of those examples are from like the first page of your post history. There's half a dozen or so mentions of "XDEF" in your immediate post history.

It's remarkable how much it's living rent free in your mind :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Yeah, funny how there’s suddenly cause to mention the same people defending MS every time bad new about MS pops up.

This isn’t the “gotcha” you think it is.

I mean we're celebrating a man, from the richest company on the planet, for getting 15$ bonus monthly to his employee ?
It doesn’t even cost anything to MS in the first place, give free access to a few employees doesn’t raise the cost of Gamepass for ms in the slightest. Also, who says the employee would even subscribe if it needs to pay. If it would not nothing lost in the first place.

adamsapple

Yeah, funny how there’s suddenly cause to mention the same people defending MS every time bad new about MS pops up.

This isn’t the “gotcha” you think it is.

Oh no this isn't a gotcha, it's a reflection on how you've made warring and "XDEF" hunting your identity, even in your last post you said "last time I tagged you and the rest" and this isn't remotely the first time you've made posts tagging multiple members thinking you're being really clever or something :messenger_grinning_sweat:

There's no cause to mention or tag people, you chose to do it and it's bizarre. Relax :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Are you going to be ok? You’re the one who mentioned me, pumpkin. The only post I made in the thread you’re referencing was mocking how dumb it is. Let me know which part of all of this confuses you.

You know it's really funny all the people who are considered the 'xdef' force members, I don't think I've ever seen anyone in that group make a post in any topic tagging 4, 5 'ponybois' as a zinger. Funny. 🤔

Last edited:

GHG

G .. what are we doing here, your 'Ybara was an inside plant for half a decade' level of charlie-day conspiracy rants are seeping towards general forum users now :messenger_grinning_sweat:

You need to take a few days off for thanksgiving.

No thanksgiving here but thanks for your concern.

I'm glad to see you've all retained your benefits for another year at least though. Careful what you say though, wouldn't want them requesting you return those consoles.

Also not my fault if the plant wants to make things obvious via his twitter, but we've been through that already.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Uh, he's the CEO of the gaming division. He does.

Irrespective of this specific topic, he's at the top of the org chart.

microsoft_xbox_gaming_leadership_organization_matt_booty_sarah_bond.jpg

Are you guys being intentionally obtuse here? The Xbox/Microsoft Gaming division was already fine. This issue impacted people outside of the Xbox/Microsoft Gaming division. You know, the divisions which Phil Spencer is not over in any way. This should have been obvious, so I'm not sure why you both responded to me with organizational stuff.

Top Bottom