• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer saves the day: Microsoft employees to keep free access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

ZoukGalaxy

Step 1:

uN1x0aj.jpg

Step 2:

Pretend you've fixed it.

Last edited:

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
So… was the original decision right and justified and GP for non-Xbox employees always unreasonable and wasteful, or… is Phil now the Great Saviour once again.

I wonder what the response here from the XBDF will be…?

My money’s on deflection back to criticism of everyone who criticised the original decision rather than addressing the mixed messaging from MS and their “ambassadors”.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
What I find most interesting is that the likes of adamsapple adamsapple , DenchDeckard DenchDeckard , Goalus Goalus , Bumblebeetuna Bumblebeetuna and the rest didn’t actually address the initial move in that thread…at all. Tried to deflect onto Sony, of course, or to minimise, or to make a few comments about Xbox employees still getting Game Pass, but didn’t criticise it, nor defend it. Almost as if they *knew* that any defence of it would need to be walked back when the decision was reversed…

Exactly how much info does the MS marketing team feed you guys?

GHG

The wording makes it sound like it will only remain in tact for existing employees (not new joiners) and only until the end of next year.

What a farce.

But what they should read into this is the fact that a lot of people still don't think it's worth paying full price for, hence they only want it via empoyee benefits or pricing loopholes (as far as the general public are concerned).

What I find most interesting is that the likes of adamsapple adamsapple , DenchDeckard DenchDeckard , Goalus Goalus , Bumblebeetuna Bumblebeetuna and the rest didn’t actually address the initial move in that thread…at all. Tried to deflect onto Sony, of course, or to minimise, or to make a few comments about Xbox employees still getting Game Pass, but didn’t criticise it, nor defend it. Almost as if they *knew* that any defence of it would need to be walked back when the decision was reversed…

There were also some notable ones who chose to remain completely silent on the matter as well, which is telling in itself.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Wake up babe new discord talking point just dropped, better tag half of GAF :messenger_grinning_sweat:

If we check my #PhilSpencerPersona Chart, this must be Kumbaya Phil

Kumbaya Phil - Let's all play together | Xbox is a service | anti-console war. Peace and love (powered by XBOX) | Let's hold hands and be like Nintendo.
Bad guy Phil - We want to disrupt the market before Amazon or Apple | Xbox is a console | "Sony isn't are focus" | Nintendo needs us (gets a % for online play).
Victim Phil - The Industry is against us | Sony is being mean | Xbox is the outcast | It's Japan's fault | Nintendo never shares with us.

What a nice boss, what are the chances this was the plan all a long?
Video Games GIF

Last edited:

It’s almost as if this “drama” today is example #263 of GAF overreacting/whining about something Xbox related. And this thread is example #218 of that “issue” being instantly resolved in the same day. Big nothing burger topped with nothing.

“Almost as if they knew any defense would need to be walked back” 😆😆🤡🤡

More like, almost as if who fucking cares?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh yeah, that was the other thing…

ALL of you mentioned the Discord thing. Your projections are showing…

jon-hamm-sure.gif

Holy fucking shit, the XBDF is just desperate for some Sony bad news.
Oh man, the XBDF is out in full force on this one.
That thing that you and the rest of the XBDF are doing in this very thread, and indeed in the very post where you cry about “deflection”?
I wonder what the response here from the XBDF will be…?

projection_lens_overhead-projector_-100762333-large.jpg

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yeah, I guess it has been a pretty slow news week.

Top Bottom