• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Place your bets: Age of Ultron vs The Force Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kree

Banned
BvS isn't going to break the billion barrier.

Man of Steel only did 668 million WW, and BvS a) has no buzz with the mass audience, and b) looks shitty. And I love DC far above Marvel.

Batman and Superman in the same movie at the same time for the first time won't make a billion dollars?

Is that right?

guek

Banned
BvS will absolutely break a billion worldwide unless it's atrocious. I'm talking Green Lantern levels of bad.

In which case, we collectively pool our money and shoot Zack Snyder into the sun, never to be spoken of again.

BvS will absolutely break a billion worldwide unless it's atrocious. I'm talking Green Lantern levels of bad.

In which case, we collectively pool our money and shoot Zack Snyder into the sun, never to be spoken of again.

If BvS ends up being as bad as Green Lantern, I want to accompany Zack into the sun because there will be nothing left for me on earth and being present as we both turn to ash is the only way to ensure Zack will be gone forever. Somebody should get a kickstarter or something on go I guess.

3N16MA

Banned

If this happens WB will remove him from any project he is attached to.

Timu

We certainly don't need another Green Lantern!

So at this point, the only thing to topple TFA is the next Star Wars movie.

Episode VIII is probably going to drop domestically. The buildup and hype for TFA is unlikely to be matched by Ep VIII, also the current release date will make it much harder for Episode VIII to have a leggy run since there will be other Summer movies competing for screens on a weekly basis.

But you never know, it could be a far superior movie, they might shift release dates, and things like that. But there's a reason why movies tend to drop after the preceding movie does gargantuan numbers (see Avengers to Ultron, Spider-Man to Spider-Man 2, TDK to TDKR, etc)

I liked Age of Ultron better than Star Wars

jQkbz8Y.gif

These are my predictions.
  • Avengers 2 will be #1 Foreign and WW for 2015 Nope
  • Force Awakens will be #1 Domestic for 2015 Nailed it
  • Both will pass 1 billion Nailed it
  • Neither will reach 2 Billion (if they do, well Holy Shit) but Avengers 2 will get closest to it SW is going to prove me wrong on both counts
  • Force Awakens will have the highest RT Nailed it
3 out of 5
I put too much faith on an Avengers sequel and not on Nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom