• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Earth bending needs to be good above all else. Seriously. Water, Fire, and Air can be awful for all I care. It's all about that Earth.
plz make a game with playable Toph.

Always hyped for anything from Platinum. Also Enjoyed the first season of Korra, I'll probably get around to watching the second season soon.

The Earth bending needs to be good above all else. Seriously. Water, Fire, and Air can stuck for all I care. It's all about that Earth.

That'd be one game that could never have Oculus Rift support.

I'm interested in seeing some gameplay or impressions from press tomorrow. Usually Platinum gets to go nuts with their games since they create the world and gameplay, so i wonder how having a pre-designed IP they have to work within will impact their design.

That'd be one game that could never have Oculus Rift support.

I'm interested in seeing some gameplay or impressions from press tomorrow. Usually Platinum gets to go nuts with their games since they create the world and gameplay, so i wonder how having a pre-designed IP they have to work within will impact their design.
Ouch.

Jintor

tumblr_m3nwfyy9Ul1qbmv14o1_500.gif

deim0s

Saw the screens so it'll be like the first few episodes of the show?

Still cannot believe it, it's like we're in bizarro world.

The Earth bending needs to be good above all else. Seriously. Water, Fire, and Air can be awful for all I care. It's all about that Earth.

Fuck earth. Most boring of the 4 elements.

Also, why would you be able to play as Toph in a LoK game? She's dead.
But I wouldn't be surprised to see a playable Zuko in this game, since he's showing up in Season 3.

Dambrosi

Banned
It's published by Activision
It's multiformat
it's a licensed game
It's based on a property I know nothing about, besides that it's an Avatar spinoff

But it's also coming for PS3 and PC
And since when have Platinum ever made a bad game, or even a game that isn't balls-out amazing?

Consider me drooling cautiously. I'd rather have a ZOE 3, but eh.

wildfire

Banned
Barring some terrible news about game breaking bugs...

DAY.FUCKING.ONE.

This will be the 3rd game over decades I will buy immediately.

Skilletor

It's multiformat
it's a licensed game
It's based on a property I know nothing about, besides that it's an Avatar spinoff

And since when have Platinum ever made a bad game, or even a game that isn't balls-out amazing?

That it's made by platinum is the only reason I'm hype. But because of that, I can't control it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's multiformat
it's a licensed game

LOK is a straight up sequel, not a spinoff

ShinLuigi

Banned
How big a team is Platinum anyway? Are they not spreading themselves too thin working on this/bayo2/xbone exclusive/w102(please Jesus)?

I hope the quality doesn't take a dive though they did somehow manage to make a Masterpiece out of Revengeance with a super tight development schedule, so I guess I shouldn't be too worried.

Yeah, I don't understand why people are calling this a spinoff. Korra is Aang's successor as avatar. She continues the cycle established in ATLA.

Some of it may stem from the fact that the first series was titled "Avatar: The Last Airbender", the second series had to drop the Avatar title since i think there were legal issues due to the James Cameron movie, so instead of "Avatar: Legend of Korra" you just get "Legend of Korra" which sounds more like a spinoff than a continuation.

If this does well, it might set the stage for a full-fledged inFamous+Batman Arkham+Bayonetta+Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance where you patrol the city fighting crime with da elements

How big a team is Platinum anyway? Are they not spreading themselves too thin working on this/bayo2/xbone exclusive/w102(please Jesus)?

I hope the quality doesn't take a dive though they did somehow manage to make a Masterpiece out of Revengeance with a super tight development schedule, so I guess I shouldn't be too worried.

I think they have 2-3 different teams. Bayonetta 2 is also almost completely wrapped up.

It's multiformat
it's a licensed game

Bayonetta? MGR? :p

Skilletor

Some of it may stem from the fact that the first series was titled "Avatar: The Last Airbender", the second series had to drop the Avatar title since i think there were legal issues due to the James Cameron movie, so instead of "Avatar: Legend of Korra" you just get "Legend of Korra" which sounds more like a spinoff than a continuation.

True, but I think it was called The Legend of Aang in some territories.

But even still...it's the same world, new characters, continuation of the story that started in the first one. Calling it a spinoff is like saying Star Wars Ep1-3 are spinoffs of 4-6.

So, here's what I think is going to happen:

Airbending: light, fast melee attacks
Earthbending: slow, heavy melee attacks and parries
Firebending: projectiles (Gunslinger)
Waterbending: secondary, weird melee weapon, like Bayonetta's whips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom