• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be cool! Kinda like in Infamous where the "extra jump" is different between fire and ice?

Hmm, kinda see like each element being more suited for a purpose (and personality like in the show). Fire is aggressive offense. Air is more evasive. idk about water. I remember earth being stubborn... so...i'm not sure @_@ I remember how godlike Toph fight scenes are though.

I could also see them just tying a specific element to a specific ability. Water would be the light attack, Fire would be the heavy attack, Air would be your jumping ability, and Earth would be defense.

But again, I hope they don't go that route because it would be fairly limiting.

Jintor

I could also see them just tying a specific element to a specific ability. Water would be the light attack, Fire would be the heavy attack, Air would be your jumping ability, and Earth would be defense.

But again, I hope they don't go that route because it would be fairly limiting.

I would go with elements are like weaponsets in Bayo or something

Naturally this would mean feet + arm weapons.

Avatar: Bayonetta edition basically

SamVonSam

Neo Member
Whether you like or hate Korra, the entire Avatar series has some of the best martial arts actions sequences (IMO) in animation, particularly Western animation.

Should be a good fit for Platinum but I'm highly conflicted by the combination of Activision and it being a downloadable only title.

I just can't understand why of all studios Acti would seek out Platinum if they weren't going to let them do their thing.

Also going to be weird seeing this and Bayonetta 2 out at about the same time.

Nerokis

Not even the Platinum Games name can lift me from the expectation that this will be a mediocre cash-in. The IP, being a downloadable game, the partnership with Activision, the impression that this is at best a side project with Bayonetta 2 and Scalebound in the pipeline...

I am looking forward to seeing more, though. It's a pretty cool thought, anyway, to imagine PG bringing to life the show in their own way.

DNAbro

Not even the Platinum Games name can lift me from the expectation that this will be a mediocre cash-in. The IP, being a downloadable game, the partnership with Activision, the impression that this is at best a side project with Bayonetta 2 and Scalebound in the pipeline...

I am looking forward to seeing more, though. It's a pretty cool thought, anyway, to imagine PG bringing to life the show in their own way.

I'm not expecting anything other than a short, yet good action game. Probably won't blow any minds but will probably be better than any other cash-in from another studio.

Pretty much this. I hope Plat wont become a studio people pay to attach their name to when they need to sell something.

Pretty much this. I hope Plat wont become a studio people pay to attach their name to when they need to sell something.

Platinum trades in their reputation for quality alone, not their sales numbers. The fact that they survive doing this should indicate how important that reputation is. I doubt they'd torpedo themselves for a buck.

...I hope.

I can't imagine the game will be anything but short, but established license + Platinum craziness overcame game length once already, so no reason why it can't work again.

Jintor

bu...but they're in talk for MGR2.

Bq_COvbCcAADzTU.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/481929267932971008

/edit oh wait, Kojima's just late updating his english twitter

...I....um....well..I am seriously dumbfound. Never thought Platinum would make a game for a American Show (I think Avatar is a american anime.) Great news for the fans!

Now I feel like I should watch the show....

DrZeus

Just saw the pic. Purchase confirmed. Just need retro to make an adventure time game and I'd be set.

Nintendo, ms, and Activision all publishing platinum games. Sony need to just have p* make heavenly sword 2. ;)

I don't doubt this is a "cash in" but I'm amazed to see so much bias against downloadable games still. Because retail disc releases are always so great, especially from Activision, right?

That being said, in my head this is basically P* doing a somewhat simple, but flashy, oldschool beat em up. Something halfway between Bayonetta and Final Fight. We'll see how accurate that is when some footage is shown I guess.

I'm actually really curious why there's so many KLK requests in this thread, too.

From what I can tell ...

1- Gaffers loved KLK.
2- Gaffers who loved KLK start going "You know what would be awesome??? A KLK game made by ... PG!! ;]"
3- Gaffers who loved KLK along with other people (maybe other people?) pester PG on twitter about it. Apparently they don't even really like the anime so they tell em to cut that shit out.
4- Gaffers who loved KLK can't Let It Go ... and now we have this.

Soodanim

I wish it was an Aang game but I'll take what I can get. After watching Avatar I wondered if a good game could be done, and I guess this is the best chance we'll see of one. Will buy.

3- Gaffers who loved KLK along with other people (maybe other people?) pester PG on twitter about it. Apparently they don't even really like the anime so they tell em to cut that shit out.

I thought that was just JP giving the kinda cliche "I liked anime back before it was terrible" answer that all people who stop watching anime, regardless of when they stop, give?

Granted, I don't think people should pester devs about hypothetical games they want them making, but still.

roknin

I still need to catch up on Korra myself actually. And watch the few eps on the original series I missed since they were snatched off Netflix T^T

But man this thread has salt everywhere... Aang vs. Korra, KLK vs. Avatar, Activision salt... jesus lol.

...in any case, I'm interested to see how this turns out. Might even give it a day one buy. :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom