• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: Bayonetta 2 trailer was real time

DR2K

Banned
Too dark and grimy. Slick textures like those are going to make anything look good in that context. Not much to go by really.

PS3 version by any chance?

Nah I played through both, and they both ran like shit. 360 being the less shitty.

Portugeezer

If it's being optimized properly, then it should be possible.

Is there a side by side of the PS3 and 360 versions running. Having played the PS3 version, I didn't think it's be a considerable amount better on 360, as these multi-plats tend to be.

This is one of those bad multiplats which runs a worse and looks like shit on PS3. There was a big difference between them.

Hiltz

I'm also not a big fan of Bayonetta's character design, but if its as good an action game as it has been made out to be, then I'll buy the sequel. Hopefully, Nintendo and Platinum will put a stop to these Bayonetta 2 teaser trailers soon enough and show us a real one.

I figured it was real time, I think the clip of Bayonetta walking away was the in-game model as well.
EDIT: this one
datgifwcusc.gif

MDSLKTR

Did they really need to confirm that? Looks like some generic ue3 wet effect you would find in any game since dark sector.

If it's being optimized properly, then it should be possible.

Is there a side by side of the PS3 and 360 versions running. Having played the PS3 version, I didn't think it's be a considerable amount better on 360, as these multi-plats tend to be.

Bayonetta is as multi-plats as Bethesda games are, I've played both versions and bayonetta runs much better on 360, it's almost a different game

mgcastro

It will be funny watching how this gif and the X one, (possibly more after E3?), will be thrown out to rival incoming next gen footage gifs. Good times ahead.

This is what happens when you finally ditch neon track suits, snap bracelets, jelly shoes and join the 21st century.

Nothing impressive, but sure, enjoy it I guess.

How can anyway say that looks like CGI lol. It looks good but not good enough for CGI. It just seems really dark so it is hard to make out the actual graphical fidelity.

It will be funny watching how this gif and the X one, (possibly more after E3?), will be thrown out to rival incoming next gen footage gifs. Good times ahead.

Neither games will stand chance especially since Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 both look better and they are rumoured to be only launch games for next gen. I think it is weird how many nintendo fans are focusing on graphics now. I feel that the charm of nintendo games was never from the graphics but from how they played.

omonimo

Banned
bayo2lxsy6.gif

:/ Of course is in rt, how can't? It reminds a lot of NG2/NGS2 cutscenes... what have of so astonishing?
because it runs on wiiU?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
"was assumed to be CGI and not real-time graphics"

By who? It was clear as water that it was real time lol

I thought the devs comment was more like "Yeah we actually had the game running at that point in time" rather than "Check out our amazing graphics, they're not CGI".

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping Nintendo helps them polish the game to lock it at 60FPS!

NotLiquid

Hoping Nintendo helps them polish the game to lock it at 60FPS!

Well I imagine if they got The Wonderful 101 running 60fps on it, which looks vibrant and hectic as all hell, they should be able to do the same to Bayonetta. It's a lot more detail to go around for sure but that engine they're using has been doing them some real wonders.

Suairyu

Banned
There's nothing remarkable about that 1 second clip at all, so I don't think this is any reason to get excited.

pulga

Banned
This new generation of console warriors are the worst :lol

It's like Wii U being capable of shaders has offended some of you to the deepest level.

I'm just fucking glad Nintendo revived Bayo <3

Zomba13

Not getting why that looks good TBH.
It's too dark and brief to make out any real detail. It is shiny though I guess.

That monster looks so unlike the monsters from the first game. I really liked the designs of the cardinal virtues from the first game. I really hope they keep them in the sequel

Vandiger

It better look respectable, not sure how well it will compare to the stuff seen on the super HD twins. I've got mixed emotions when it comes to this title.

GrayFoxPL

Everybody's forgetting that Bayonetta PS3, 360 comparison doesn't make much sense since Platinum didn't even touch the PS3 ver development. For such a cheap and dirty port by Sega it's a miracle that version runs above 10fps.

Top Bottom