• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: Bayonetta 2 trailer was real time

Earendil

Guys

It's just a small clip; it's 80-90% dark, you can't see shit; I don't know if it's bad or good

This is getting silly

There's so much cognitive bias surrounding this console it's not funny. Nintendo could release the most amazing looking in-game trailer imaginable, and there would still be people saying "pfft, the 360 could do that easy." Conversely, some Nintendo fans can take something that looks average, and claim it's next gen. Console warriors have always focused on graphics, but it's beginning to get ridiculous.

That's why art style impresses me far more than technical power.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Bayonetta 2 on dat gamepad with off TV gameplay please :)

Is the gamepad capable of maintaining a high framerate?

In the 101 60 FPS trailer you could notice a performance difference even through the video between regular gameplay and the offscreen stuff.

So Digital Foundry posted two new screenshots. Its kind of a mixed situation. In one we have fucking amazing IQ and really strong colours. In the other we see some last gen shit.

So, which one is which:
A
images

Schnozberry

what did they do, exactly?

I mean outside of release a clip that looks like current gen level graphics?

Yeah, because WTF, current gen is a totally unplayable mess. Personally, I beat my Xbox 360 and PS3 into bits and pieces with an aluminum bat as soon as I heard new Sony and Microsoft Consoles were on the way. I have no use for those inferior dingleberries in my life. This bro is next gen or go fuck yourself.

/end sarcasm

Is the gamepad capable of maintaining a high framerate?

In the 101 60 FPS trailer you could notice a performance difference even through the video between regular gameplay and the offscreen stuff.
Gamepad does 60FPS without any delay, in fact it is faster than many modern TVs because almost all modern TVs has some short delay when they display a picture. The Gamepad has no delay.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Both the monster and Bayonetta walk clips look comfortably real time.

Post 1: What how can someone think its CG

post 2: Of course its real time

post 3: Well yea ps360 can pull that off easily

The only people who'd be saying post 1 are people who don't have an eye for how real time graphics are rendered. And that's fine. Not everybody does.

Top Bottom