• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames teasing something Bayonetta related for tomorrow?

mdubs

Banned
We live in a universe where the truly delusional think Bayonetta 2 is coming to other platforms, much less PC.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
sub 60 framerates forever

Cwpc7zT.gif
I see you're new to Platinum.

Miker

I'm going to keep my hopes low. Real low. I would think if it were some more substantial DLC, Nintendo or Platinum would've teased it already, so it's probably just a small easter egg of sorts. If I had to guess, it's Rodin's Santa costume or something else that's in the game already to be unlocked via a small download.

Monocle

I'm honestly hoping for DLC that makes Tag Climax worth replaying, even though that will never happen.

The only disappointment I have with the game is how Tag Climax doesn't have anything to work towards. I was hoping I would be playing for dozens of hours unlocking new items and stuff, but I was pretty much done with it with my friend in one sitting.
The point is to enjoy the combat system. Tag Climax gives you a way to revisit just about every enemy and boss in the game without having to replay entire chapters.

That said, one thing you can work toward is collecting all 53 battle cards. There are three that randomly show up as surprise battles. Two of them unlock playable characters. And BTW, higher difficulty settings (via Tag Climax's betting system) usually give you additional enemy spawns for more variety.

It's from PG. You know it'll be good.
Here's hoping!

Guys, Rodin is Santa and he's bringing us presents...

What does Rodin bring people? That's right, weapons!

Bayonetta 1 weapon pack for Bayo 2 DLC, believe
That would be so amazing. Probably too good to be true.

Golnei

But you forgot the route 666 TC card obviously.

That's restricted to the Virtual Boy port, along with Demon Descent (Angel Attack, except missing a headshot counts as a death on your chapter score), the Non-Stop Infinite Space Harrier mode and 101 Auditio Turret Challenge.

SNES exclusive.

Please. Though I'm partial to the Genesis version myself.

Bayonetta_2D_Shmup_by_jnkboy.png

Sounds kinda unfair for the existing ones, they should at least provide a palette swap or something for those like Link or Samus.

Maybe it could unlock the regular costumes for Bayonetta and Jeanne that are already in the game, with an additional palette swapped version for
Rosa
? Most costumes would translate fairly easily into palette swaps:

Mushroom Kingdom Princess = Fire Peach
Sarasaland Princess = Shadow Queen
Star Mercenary = James McCloud
Galactic Bounty Hunter = Phazon or Gravity Suit
Hero of Hyrule = Zora or Goron Tunic

Capra

When little Ed & Edna are kidnapped by Krampus for being naughty, Rodin must venture to Inferno to save them.

Along the way he uncovers a dastardly plot by
Loptr
to steal Christmas and it turns out
the Council of Balders
are Santa's elves. In the end, it's up to Rodin and
Balder
to save Christmas once and for all.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Give me that fuckin Lumen Sage DLC, P+!

Platinum always does DLC focusing on the rival. Add a bloody palace mode and we're set.

Son Of D

Santa costume for Rodin.
Elf costumes for Bayonetta and Jeanne.
Reindeer costumes for Balder and Rosa.

My guesses. Spoiler tags hide hidden characters.

jwillenn

+Bayo Santa costume pack
-kinky Bayo Santa costume
-reindeers and sled instead of panther within while equipped
-snow flakes for all outdoor areas while equipped
-Christmas battle theme while equipped

+Harder difficulty mode
-no save points within chapters
-certain accessories disabled
-items not allowed
-combo mixup rule says that repeating a combo within a verse does no damage to the enemy (health is restored to enemy once it is determined a repeat)

+Leaderboard (only for this mode)
-Pure Platinum required
-every verse has its own board
-unlimited replay saving while replays are uploaded only for the top 10 ranks on a verse basis

Unit24

I really hope it's a Santa costume for Rodin. It's ridiculous that the model is already in the game but it's not something you can select in tag climax.

Lijik

Hoping its a Santa Rodin costume, dreaming that theres a mini-campaign/level to go with it but just the costume would be enough

Top Bottom