• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames' Transformers Devestation trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Rising Director)

Shauni

I think once the shock of this not being Rising 2 like so many expected has finally worn off, the idea will become easier to shallow for people. I mean, Platinum doing a huge brawler about giant robots beating the shit out of either other? It almost makes too much sense.

ArjanN

IMO the trailer looked bad. I'm one of PG's biggest fans. I have all the games they've develop except for Legend of Korra. I have no doubt this game will be great. But, their first showing left a lot to be desired for me. I'm looking forward to seeing more though.

Discrepancy detected.

Gameplay should be shown soon on IGN's stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2CDn8ISWE
Thank you thank you.

original-2.jpg

Toy-Soldier-He-Man-w800-h600.jpg

whatyearisit.jpg
lol

Riposte

...it looks hella Bayonetta, right down to witch time and the panther mode...

kinda hype b

I want to see more stage variety and maybe enemies with some teeth (harder modes?), but yeah, I think it looks pretty good. I hear it's a full blown release, so I have higher expectations than I had with Korra, which had a good combat system, but had like 2 hours of content stretched out to 4 or 5.

This looks VERY Bayonetta in terms of the moveset, combo timing, dodge.(including witch time), and vehicle transformations. And that section in space (I think) with the crazy floor looked more complex than anything in Korra.

Still though, until I see more than basic combat rooms, I don't know how to feel about this yet.

I want to see more stage variety and maybe enemies with some teeth (harder modes?), but yeah, I think it looks pretty good. I hear it's a full blown release, so I have higher expectations than I had with Korra, which had a good combat system, but had like 2 hours of content stretched out to 4 or 5.

five difficulty modes and not Kamiya directing, maybe they'll be selectable from the beginning

man said it was a full-blown retail title, so I guess we'll see. Promising...

Game looks badass. Never really cared for Transformers, but I like what I'm seeing.

This and Starfox coming a few months from each other should be fun.

jett

D-Member
Looks pretty fun, definitely a PG take on Transformers and everything that entails. On my radar for sure.

I'm so excited for this game, but god the reaction from the YouTube comments. I guess I don't read youtube comments enough to be used to it, but good god. Hating on them speaking Japanese, hating on Transformers, so much hate hate hate.

Sigh, at least a few people feel as I do here, that this is like an 80 kid's dream come true. Just wish He'd bothered asking about Coop. My best friend and I grew up loving Transformers, I'd love to be able to play this with him and kick Megatron's tail across the galaxy.

I think that Witch Time dodge is exclusive to BumbleBee.

Looks a hell of lot more fun than Korra.

Edit: Vehicle to Air combos hype me up gooooood.

KooopaKid

Banned
This looks VERY Bayonetta in terms of the moveset, combo timing, dodge.(including witch time), and vehicle transformations. And that section in space (I think) with the crazy floor looked more complex than anything in Korra.

Still though, until I see more than basic combat rooms, I don't know how to feel about this yet.

Me too, their combat system is usually awesome but that can't be just it for me anymore. They are all more or less derivative of Bayonetta's in a way (yes, even MGR). If the variety isn't there in combat scenarios and levels, a fluid combat system won't suffice. At least it looks deeper and nicer than Korra's already. Not sold on it at all at the moment.

Pretty sure I said I was disappointed. Ignore that. HOLY FUCK I'M EXCITED.

This looks like Bayonetta but with vehicle combos instead. I was hoping it wouldn't be Madworld/Anarchy Reigns and it doesn't seem to be.

StarFox, this and Nier. This really has been Platinum's E3.

duckroll

Looks fucking great. The seamless chaining of transformations in the combos, dodging, etc is fantastic. I think the only concern left would be level design - everything shown so far looks more like a basic arena brawler rather than stages with proper interesting level design like Bayonetta and MGR. They've definitely nailed the combat and the animations. Even if it's just an arena brawler, the boss fights should be a lot fun. :)

lupinko

I'm kinda disgusted by some of the opinions early in the thread. PlatinumGames and Kenji Saito proved with Metal Gear Rising that they could take a well loved IP and bring a Platinum action game spin to it which was fun, action packed, and had great boss fights and fanservice for both brawler fans and Metal Gear fans. They also did it all in less than 2 years.

Now they're making a G1 Transformers game with nice celshading and a playable GRIMLOCK. With DEVASTATOR as one of the bosses. And it's even coming out on PC at the same time. And people think this is a bad announcement? The fuck?

This is the same forum that found ways to complain about Last Guardian, FF7R and Shenmue 3, nothing surprises me about GAF anymore.

Top Bottom