• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames' Transformers Devestation trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Rising Director)

Skilletor

Don't care. I loved Korra. That game + a budget would have been amazing for me. If this is as good as Korra, I'd be happy. If it's better, I'll be elated.

My childhood + my favorite developers = smiling all day.

de_reddy

Neo Member
Looks like the W101's colour palette was used for this one. It's always strange to see a very colourful game among all those gritty trailers.

matmanx1

Being a Transformers nerd and generally fond of Platinum Games' works I am cautiously excited. If nothing else, it looks fun!

Trailer didn't do anything for me... well disappointment. And I loved the look of the screens. Didn't seem to translate well in that trailer anyway.

Astral Dog

Rising Director on this?

No MGR 2 confirmed? :(

This looks like it could be "ok", at least Platinum is getting work i guess, a shame we wont see Scalebound at E3.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
This video is very low quality, like it was recorded from a stream or something. I think some of you might not be aware how it affects the look of the game. This is one of the released screens:

original.jpg

It looks really clean and more importantly faithful to the boxy shiny G1 look. The backgrounds aren't great though.

I'll wait for the gameplay demonstration but conceptually I think the hyper-fast character action style isn't a good fit for Transformers. They seem to have done it well here by going over the top with car combos but its still kinda odd. It can still be good but it's not what I'd prefer from a G1 TF game. When is the E3 demo happening?

edit: Oh yeah, its REALLY FUCKING AWESOME how this is a G1 Transformers game. The robots look amazing.

Zomba13

Saito?

YOOOOO.

The music even sounds like Jamie Christopherson too.

This is the Metal Gear RIsing 2 we deserve.

If they get hype music like in MGR then this could easilly get bonus points just from that. Fighting a final boss to an instrumental of "you got the touch" and then the lyrics kick in would be sweet.

This video is very low quality, like it was recorded from a stream or something. I think some of you might not be aware how it affects the look of the game. This is one of the released screens:

original.jpg

It looks really clean and more importantly faithful to the boxy shiny G1 look. The backgrounds aren't great though.

I'll wait for the gameplay demonstration but conceptually I think the hyper-fast character action style isn't a good fit for Transformers. They seem to have done it well here by going over the top with car combos but its still kinda odd. It can still be good but it's not what I'd prefer from a G1 TF game. When is the E3 demo happening?

edit: Oh yeah, its REALLY FUCKING AWESOME how this is a G1 Transformers game. The robots look amazing.

exactly what i was thinking.

muteki

original.jpg

To me, the characters and background styles clash too much. Devy and Prime look great, but the environment doesn't match.

I don't think they need to cell-shade everything, but they need to make the background not look like it came from a different game.

If they were given proper time to work their magic I'm sure this game will be great. If not, its not. Looks like the Wonderful 101 combat over something like MGSR or Bayo.

Seems awesome. Platinum already made an amazing Power Rangers game with The Wonderful 101. Now they can tackle Transformers except actually have the license.

MrBadger

Seems awesome. Platinum already made an amazing Power Rangers game with The Wonderful 101. Now they can tackle Transformers except actually have the license.

I felt like there was a bit of Transformers in The Wonderful 101.
The final boss was a huge metal planet that transforms into a planet-size robot, after all

Monocle

If they were given proper time to work their magic I'm sure this game will be great. If not, its not. Looks like the Wonderful 101 combat over something like MGSR or Bayo.
TW101's combat is deceptively deep, more so than MGR but maybe not quite on the level of Bayonetta. The mechanics take more effort to unpack, that's all.

TW101 is very much grounded in the world of old school game design where many hours of trial and error were needed to learn the gameplay mechanics and use them as the designers intended.

That was a really shit trailer. It barely showed anything and makes the game look Korra levels of generic:( Hope IGN reveal shows more of it to change my mind.

Top Bottom