• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play as Link in Monster Hunter Stories

E-phonk

Banned
Is that footage regular 3DS or new 3DS? Looks almost too good to be normal 3DS.
Wouldn't be surprised if they announce an NX version of this.

Alienous

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 3DS Ver.

link3.gif

:p

Oh jesus, Nintendo shouldn't have let me see this.

It makes their Zelda efforts on 3DS retroactively disappointing.

Tom_Cody

It's quiet cruel of them to make this announcement and stay mum on the US release status. This game looks like a dream.

jdstorm

Banned
This is really Lame.

Nintendo people won't buy 3rd party games on your platform for Fanservice BS, and it just cheapens the value of your brand.

You don't play as Nathan Drake in Sony Exclusive Call of Duty DLC for a reason.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Reminds me of this

14089258_1188596507829709_5635631304008358180_n.jpg

This is really Lame.

Nintendo people won't buy 3rd party games on your platform for Fanservice BS, and it just cheapens the value of your brand.

Didn't putting Link in Soul Calibur 2 result in the GameCube version being the best-selling despite having a limited install base? And out of all third-party series, they're probably least worried about MH being able to sell (in Japan, anyway).

This is really Lame.

tell us how you really feel.

batfax

The only thing I'm curious about is why Link has his sword on his belt and an empty scabbard on his back.

NeonZ

Link's design fits the style of this game much better than the one of the standard Monster Hunters.

Beautiful, but why is sword not in scabbard? It bothers the more I watch.

It's probably because it's just reusing the animations of the standard Sword & Shield weapons. Although in 4 Ultimate and Generations the Master Sword is positioned in a way that it ends up inside the scabbard when a hunter is wearing Link's tunic. Maybe there are animations in Stories that make that impossible though, or it's just because the game is incomplete (although that unique triforce attack with Epona seems to suggest things are very far along here).

Debirudog

Nintendo always let Capcom implement Zelda elements in MH, but I think it would be cool if Monster Hunter elements could be featured into a Zelda game, but mainly as a cameo.

This is really Lame.

Yeah Sony would never cheapen the value of their Uncharted brand

Nathan Drake is sacred

WLzspGw.jpg

udivision

Nintendo always let Capcom implement Zelda elements in MH, but I think it would be cool if Monster Hunter elements could be featured into a Zelda game, but mainly as a cameo.

There's a lot of potential for that in Breath of the Wild. They wouldn't do it... but that'd be cool to see 1 monster inspired by a Monster Hunter monster.

Neoxon

I don't see it happening, but it'd be nice if Nintendo returned the favor & added some Monster Hunter stuff to Zelda.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh man that is so cool, really can't wait for the game to get a western release announcement.

This is really Lame.

Ah I remember the days when I used to be a blind fan boy and left shit post.

Thank fuck I grew out of that phase and I hope you the same too.

Yeah Sony would never cheapen the value of their Uncharted brand

Nathan Drake is sacred

WLzspGw.jpg

Ha ha that sure showed him.

Peterthumpa

What in the fuck, that's a 3DS game? It looks almost like a generational leap from all efforts on the 3DS so far.
showmethereceipts.gif

Top Bottom