• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playboy playmate body shames woman at gym on Snapchat; endures wrath of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

Not that anyone is accusing this chick of being a genius but why would you get on a fat person for being at the gym? Like if you've gotta make fun of fat people, seems to me like that'd be the last place you'd be compelled to do it. "Haha look at that person trying to better themselves. What a loser."

TomServo

I'm not the type that usually gets pissed off at things like this... but this seriously pisses me off.

You don't body shame someone who's at the gym, actively working to improve their health. It's fucking disgusting to do that. I've been super fit (6'1", 185lbs w/ a 310lb bench) and pretty darn fat (6'1", 240lbs and could barely run down the street) and I know first hand it's a hell of a lot harder to go to the gym when you're not in shape. Not physically (you have less energy) and not mentally (you feel like everyone is looking at you). I've always tried to be super encouraging to everyone I meet at the gym for that reason.

Seriously, fuck anyone who body shames at the gym.

Raven117

I'm not the type that usually gets pissed off at things like this... but this seriously pisses me off.

You don't body shame someone who's at the gym, actively working to improve their health. It's fucking disgusting to do that. I've been super fit (6'1", 185lbs w/ a 310lb bench) and pretty darn fat (6'1", 240lbs and could barely run down the street) and I know first hand it's a hell of a lot harder to go to the gym when you're not in shape. Not physically (you have less energy) and not mentally (you feel like everyone is looking at you). I've always tried to be super encouraging to everyone I meet at the gym for that reason.

This...right here.

And to all you people out there who are intimidated by the gym or working out because of what this person did...know that 99% of the folks in that gym are secretly applauding you for being in the gym. [unless you are doing curls in the squat rack...don't do that...ever...]

Some are probably actively trying not to run up and give you a high five for getting out and working at it.

W1SSY

This is so much the truth. When I first started going to the gym in college I was worried for how out of shape I was. Luckily everyone was super nice and willing to help. People that make fun of others that are putting in the time to better themselves are just horrible people.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Stuff like this is why so many people who ridicule and attack people for their appearance come off as fake and narcissistic when they claim it's "for their health".

Most people who talk shit don't actually care about the health of their targets, they're just taking the opportunity to feel good about themselves by cutting someone else down.

What an asshole.

I can only wonder about people that do dumb shit: You got an ad deal/great job/situation, why do ANYTHING on social media to tip that gravy train all over the place?

Aurongel

That's the type of shit that would land a middle age man on the sex offender list.

Watch her dodge it because she's backed by lawyers and cuz she'z purdy. Being attractive goes a long way with your public image after fucking up like this.

Rafy

People like her is why I hate going to the gym and the beach.

Even though I am not obese or extremely fat (just a bit overweight), being judged by assholes like her for not being perfect looking while I am trying to loose that bit of extra weight, is the reason I bought dumbbells and a barbell to exercise at home.

If this was enough to make me hate gyms and avoid one of my favorite hobbies, immagine the trauma it can cause an obese person...

She deserves the ban she got from the gym chain and her sponsor dropping her. I wish every gym in NA would deny her access from now on, but that ain't gonna happen sadly...

Welp, her life is over. She'll be hounded about this for years, maybe be unemployable. Glad the public opinion punishment for this is proportional.

If you're 30 years old body shaming and taking a nude photo of someone without their permission and sharing it on the internet I don't know how employable you are in the first place.

nicanica

I think the more egregious part is that she took a picture of her in the locker room.

Jeez.

No, thats a photo of someone past their younger years just trying to stay in shape.
Nude and vulnerable.

Posted with malicious messaging that she should be ashamed of who she is.

This is some high school // Revenge of the Nerds shit.

She deserves quite a bit of the real world consequences thats coming to her.

Acerac

Banned
Everything wrong with the social media mob, in one concise post.

The response is often more damaging and hateful than the act that provoked it.
I'm totally ok with this. She started it, she deserves it.

I'm entirely confident this isn't the first asshole move this girl made in this vein. I have little pity.

Welp, her life is over. She'll be hounded about this for years, maybe be unemployable. Glad the public opinion punishment for this is proportional.

Lol you serious?
She deserves everything that's coming her way work wise after trying to act all "prissy and cool" for her snapchat followers.

TheMan

Nah. If Donald trump can win the republican nomination and possibly the presidency, this chick will definitely find work taking her clothes off. People will forget about this quickly, and the audience who wants to jerk off to her photos won't give a shit in the first place.

ShyMel

Wow, how are you going to shame people for going to the gym to better themselves? What a gross thing to do and I do hope she is charged for what she did.

A literal walking trashbag.

I'd say that I have no problem with her getting what she deserves, but it's pretty likely that she'll bounce back from this. Lesson learned: Be careful when you decide to make fun of someone you find inferior to you so you don't get caught.

Won't somebody please think of the asshole? Come on guys. How is that not sex offender material? No one is saying to burn her at the stake but she assuredly deserves a ban, a sponsor drop and a quick don't be a dick. Apology seems moreso because she was caught and Lord knows this wasn't her first time doing it. As someone who worried about the gym before getting in shape, I think she deserves flack as does anyone else who does this stupid shit.

Harassment campaigns obviously not approved. Let life go on eventually. But shit yeah I would sue if it was me.

Chorazin

I love how "Profane Clothing" also put her on blast for being a animal abuser and all around awful person.....but until she did this they were totally down with using her to sell their clothes. :/

nicanica

I love how "Profane Clothing" also put her on blast for being a animal abuser and all around awful person.....but until she did this they were totally down with using her to sell their clothes. :/

For real. That whole post seems like it was written by a vindictive high school prom queen.

Lorcain

UPDATE: Along with being banned from all LA Fitness locations, Mathers has been dropped by her sponsor Profane Clothing, who also gave a personal statement about her questionable professionalism and behavior.
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/690c079d4394fc3db65d310cea11dcf2baa903bf67048a37895eb9d2c5b21472.png
I have to believe that not many people reading this thread actually clicked on any of the links. The statement from Profane Clothing is like getting an unexpected glimpse of crazy. I wasn't ready.

I have to believe that not many people reading this thread actually clicked on any of the links. The statement from Profane Clothing is like getting an unexpected glimpse of crazy. I wasn't ready.

No kidding, damn:

690c079d4394fc3db65d310cea11dcf2baa903bf67048a37895eb9d2c5b21472.png

"Having worked with Dani I can attest that she is an awful person."

Glorious.

It makes that company sound like an idiot though. "We always knew she was horrible and abused animals but now that it's public we've decided to drop her". I mean she sounds like a crappy person but it makes you sound just as bad that you apparently knew for ages but never cared until it might hurt your image. Losers.

Acerac

Banned
Maybe she shouldn't have been a terrible person and this wouldn't have happened?

You guys do realize that the attitude of Profane clothing is just them realizing they'll get more publicity and money through that declaration. I wouldn't copy their thing, and I also wouldn't add to the backlash.

Carnby

It makes that company sound like an idiot though. "We always knew she was horrible and abused animals but now that it's public we've decided to drop her". I mean she sounds like a crappy person but it makes you sound just as bad that you apparently knew for ages but never cared until it might hurt your image. Losers.

Contractual obligations? I don't know. But you can tell they were itching to blast her.

You guys do realize that the attitude of Profane clothing is just them realizing they'll get more publicity and money through that declaration. I wouldn't copy their thing, and I also wouldn't add to the backlash.

Agreed. They say they'll donate money to fight obesity of women. Really? Then who will you be donating the money to? Can you be any more vague?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom