• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Player One Podcast Ep.99: The Review Game

jax (old)

Banned
http://media.libsyn.com/media/playerone/09_15_08-Episode99.mp3

POP Ep.99: The Review Game (Voicemail line: 713-893-8069)
This week! CJ and Phil tackle Rock Band 2, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Speed Racer DS, Cho Aniki, Y's Book I&II and Final Soldier. Plus -- a segment that we recorded at PAX, the EGM review game, where we guess the score we gave a game in the past based on portions of our review text. If you're playing along at home, the issues being used are September 2003 (#170) and June 2000 (#131).

Thanks for listening! You can leave us a voicemail comment by calling 713-893-8069 or you can send a comment via MP3 to our email address, playeronepodcast@gmail.com. Don't forget to join our forums if you haven't already!

I'm about 10 minutes in. Did a search to see of it was posted before.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I really liked the review segment. I love the old EGM stories as well, so if you guys have any more of those, I'd love to hear em ;)

So no special guest? Was kinda expecting it.
I really liked the review segment. I love the old EGM stories as well, so if you guys have any more of those, I'd love to hear em ;)
:lol Some of the old EGM Lives have some great stories.

SuperPac

Dot50Cal said:

We'll be doing something similar to this again, yes. Unfortunately this was the only little extra thing we'd recorded at PAX, but...

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh and CJ. Next time, you gotta read out a part of the review but blank the name whenever it appears, and see if they can guess which game they reviewed.

Like Phil,

Some people might complain that the DS's bottom screen goes mostly unused in BLANK. For the most part, this is true. Other than a few underground segments that play out on the touch screen, it's merely used to show a progress bar of your trip through each level, a display of which BLANK you've found, and a storage area for an emergency power-up. Still, since this is supposed to be a BLANK I'd rather see the screen used in this way instead of having gimmicky stages that span both screens.

No Googlin' now!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
McBacon said:
Oh and CJ. Next time, you gotta read out a part of the review but blank the name whenever it appears, and see if they can guess which game they reviewed.

Like Phil,

No Googlin' now!
It took a little bit of thought, but I'm pretty sure that from my New Super Mario Bros. review.

That's a pretty good review game variant. We may have to steal it.

SuperPac

Whimsical Phil said:
It took a little bit of thought, but I'm pretty sure that from my New Super Mario Bros. review.

That's a definite. It's especially good because I think both of us have different magazines in our collection, we could use magazines other than EGM. I still have the first year or so of Game Fan. :)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Whimsical Phil said:

Well done :D

Johnkers

Johnkers said:
Can't wait to hear what Greg says about th.. OH WAIT.

:(

Will listen later though

And yet, I get to hear Greg this episode :lol

Can't wait to see what you guys have cooked up for 100

Top Bottom