• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 commercial!

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
I'm waiting for the edited version where the tears start to roll and then the price tag is flashed across the screen.

Matix said:
"Mama"

Even though SCE marketing team is still shitty as hell, that commercial was sorta disturbingly awesome (the creepy shit fits well with Halloween hitting soon). Still, WTF Sony (show some damn games) !?

Much better. I think Sony is doing a great job at advertizing. The whole "weird ads with no actual games shown" is a successful recipe and they follow it since it seems to attract casuals.

Dragmire

That was actually better than the retarded one where a kid goes to the rooftop and sees a shadow of the number 3 made by flying PS3's. But the cool thing about this was mainly the way the PS3 just lifts off the ground and it says Play Beyond. The babydoll thing just didn't make sense.

Obviously with all the enigmatic shit like ///7, they want people to talk to each other about wtf is going on. And people do talk about it. Everyone's got their own version of what PS3 is about, and it's always different. It's annoying to me, but Sony probably loves that shit.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
KyanMehwulfe said:
The baby is being traded for the system and he's sad.

Playstation 3 - Making babies cry.
:lol That's how I read it too. "PS3 is so cool you'll give up your first born!"

shpankey

not an idiot
mckmas8808 said:
Dude I'm not mad at you brah. The internet makes it hard to show emotions, but I just wanted to let you know.
dog-the-bounty-hunter-200a080806.jpg

Liquid said:
that ad is sooooooooooooooo sega saturn. :lol

It's very SCEE, which is a good thing since they're Sony's best marketing division. Although their Japan division is really good also. After the screw up that was the US PSP marketing, they're definetly on the right track with their PS3 marketing.

MIMIC

Banned
What a stupid ****ing commercial.

"Hey, let's be abstract and make the least sense with our marketing campaign." That makes the Xbox360 "Have Fun" (or whatever it was called) commercials all the more better.

I don't have an Xbox360* (and I don't plan to get a PS3 or a Wii anytime soon), but that doesn't make me want one any more than I did before.

Halo 3 isn't out yet :)

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Liquid said:
that ad is sooooooooooooooo sega saturn. :lol

Yeah, first thing I thought. This is much better but it does have a lot of sega saturn flavor in it.

I think that ad is meant to warn parents.

First the Baby sees it as a welcomed gift for his parents. Then it realizes how much its parents are going to neglect it (hence the crying). But then it's going to revenge its parents by going mad.
Or something.

Stupid ad anyway.

teiresias

Sony should start a tradition and just re-use that PS9 commercial for every PS launch from now on and just change the end.

chase

Sony's been leading the videogame ad competition for, I dunno, like a decade now. And it hasn't even been close. And they've been better than nearly all the other ads that you see as well, though mine is hardly an unbiased perspective seeing as I'm someone who will participate in a discussion about videogame ads.

But that ad sucked.

Ubisoft really needs to copy this ad...

"Rabbits Can't Say MAMA"

Put a raddid in the same type room with a black Wii
go to close up have its eyes water...

then the open mouth DAAAAHHHHHHHHH

BUT
THEY
CAN
DANCE!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The point of this ad (I think) is that the plastic doll cries as it sees how inferior of a toy it is compared to PS3.

Another thing is obviously, evoking the whole 2001: Space Odyssey thing with a baby and a monolith.

ilbambino

Marconelly said:
The point of this ad (I think) is that the plastic doll cries as it sees how inferior of a toy it is compared to PS3.

I see it as the PS3 being more than a toy , it certainly makes sense when you remember the play beyond campaign.

Top Bottom