• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 European launch, 23 March.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
:O That's an amazing launch lineup!

Now if nAo and DeanoC would get crackin' on Heavenly Sword. Jebus.
Indifferent2.gif

shagg_187 said:
Well... if its threespeech speculating, then its official :)

threespeech = Sony's blog, but pretends to be not official..
So Sony told ThreeSpeech to keep saying the release date before revealing it?

Elios83

Excellent, new firmware and huge launch lineup ( I plan to buy Motorstorm,RR7 and maybe VF5) and no shipments problems (maybe it will be possibile to buy one without preordering).I would have loved a bundled BR movie though but I guess it's ok nevertheless.

Midas

Elios83 said:
Excellent, new firmware and huge launch lineup ( I plan to buy Motorstorm,RR7 and maybe VF5) and no shipments problems (maybe it will be possibile to buy one without preordering).I would have loved a bundled BR movie though but I guess it's ok nevertheless.

If there'll be 1 million units on launch, there ought to be no problem getting one without a pre-order.

Kittonwy

Banned
Elios83 said:

Buy Resistance and play with gaf!!! ~_~

JonathanEx said:
So Sony told ThreeSpeech to keep saying the release date before revealing it?

well, threespeech is the only site as of now that knows about the Launch, and every other site is copying from them.

Also, threespeech has been getting all the EXCLUSIVE stuff, but they try to add some news from "other" blogs to show that they are legit and fanbased and not owned by Sony.

By "speculating" 300,000 Units for UK, they are indirectly confirming it.

Threespeech.com said:
"We therefore confidently predict that the UK will have around 300,000 units at the outset."

See the phrase "confidently predict"? By that, they are dead sure...

Shapingo

Hopefully the media embargo will end tonight too. After Resistance is launched in Europe Sony might show Killzone to promote it as the next big Sony FPS. March is looking great!

Mrbob

SCEA should have pushed back the NA launch to March 2007.

If the PS3 launched with that lineup in the NA it wouldn't get half the crap it is getting right now.

Wollan

Brobzoid said:
I'm calling 5900, but I was more concerned about how many units we get. :\

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. 1 million consoles is very good (Scandinavia should get a good chunk of them since we have good buying power).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Mrbob said:
SCEA should have pushed back the NA launch to March 2007.

If the PS3 launched with that lineup in the NA it wouldn't get half the crap it is getting right now.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I like my PS3 now. It's actually fun to me. :)

ram

its out: 23.03.2007 european launch: only 60gb model

LAUNCH LINE-UP:

Resistance: Fall of Man™ - SCEE - Disc
MotorStorm™ - SCEE - Disc
Genji™: Days of the Blade - SCEE - Disc
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION - SCEE - Disc
Ridge Racer™ 7 - SCEE - Disc
Tekken®: Dark Resurrection - SCEE - Network
Lemmings™ - SCEE - Network
Go! Sudoku - SCEE - Network
Go! Puzzle - SCEE - Network
Blast Factor™ - SCEE - Network
flOw™ - SCEE - Network
Super Rub’a'Dub - SCEE - Network
Call of Duty 3 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Tony Hawk’s Project 8 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Gundam – Target in Sight - Namco Bandai Games - Disc
Full Auto™ 2: Battle Lines - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Sonic the Hedgehog™ - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Fighter™ 5 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Tennis™ 3 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
World Snooker Championship 2007 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
NBA 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
NHL 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWll - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Enchanted Arms - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Def Jam: Icon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
NBA Street 4 Homecourt 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
The Godfather: The Don’s Edition - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
F.E.A.R. Vivendi - Universal Games Intl SA - Disc
Gripshift - Sony Online Entertainment - Network

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Leonsito said:
Concurrent with the European launch, a new System Update to further enhance the entertainment potential of PS3 will be issued.

details please Sony.

i want streaming from my PC, 720p on bluray movies, remote play for PSP to work when I'm away from home. That'd do

Oh, and £399 idiots. Can't believe they wouldn't go that little extra for the psychological benefit of being 'three hundred and something' rather than 'four hundred and something'

mrklaw said:
details please Sony.

i want streaming from my PC, 720p on bluray movies, remote play for PSP to work when I'm away from home. That'd do

Oh, and £399 idiots. Can't believe they wouldn't go that little extra for the psychological benefit of being 'three hundred and something' rather than 'four hundred and something'

The "March" Update was already hinted to be:

multi-tasking (included will be audio/video conferencing while browsing the xmb and its features/ gameplay).
new xmb display options
new animations for audio playback.
new photo album options.
playstation store auto resume
psp remote play advanced access option (so that you can have access to your ps3’s content anywhere that has a internet connection)

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=219

Owzers

I'll be curious to see which and how many games bomb at retail. Full Auto 2 - 1k copies confirmed with Motorstorm, Need for Speed, F1, and RR 7 all on the same day.

Mrbob

shagg_187 said:
The "March" Update was already hinted to be:

multi-tasking (included will be audio/video conferencing while browsing the xmb and its features/ gameplay).
new xmb display options
new animations for audio playback.
new photo album options.
playstation store auto resume
psp remote play advanced access option (so that you can have access to your ps3’s content anywhere that has a internet connection)

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=219

Hmm, what happened to PS1 games playable on PS3?

I still want to see two things done on PS3 before I get one:

PS1 downloadable games playable on PS3
720P output for Blu Ray movies

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Wollan said:
I wouldn't be too concerned about it. 1 million consoles is very good (Scandinavia should get a good chunk of them since we have good buying power).

But I am concerned that sweden will get too much, and also central europe(germany/france). Norway is piss. It will sell out hard, but how hard? enough to let retailers boom the price? will I have to camp out? etc..

Mrbob said:
Hmm, what happened to PS1 games playable on PS3?

I still want to see two things done on PS3 before I get one:

PS1 downloadable games playable on PS3
720P output for Blu Ray movies

threespeech didnt want to admit that the conversation took place and they just copied it from some dude who posted at some PS Forum (thus, bad grammar and formatting/paragraph issues)...

Though its funny when you look at it that most of the stuff predicted were true, e.g.:

PS3 will be sold at £425 or lower, meaning we could have it cheaper then the previously stated price.
Dont expect to see 20GB models available in europe.

EDIT: Here's the part of interview threespeech didnt post:

ONLINE USERNAMES

Online, it’ll be one user name for all games. You’ll get a master ID once you are registered. On some games, you’ll be able to set up your own buddy list. If you meet someone playing one of these games, you’ll be able to transfer them to your master buddy list. The thinking being that not everyone you’re playing Resistance: Fall Of Man with is necessarily someone you’ll be communicating with about other things.

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY

Phil Harrison has confirmed that backwards compatibility will be achieved via hardware, not software. As long as a game meets TRC guidelines there’ll be no issues – and this will be the case with 99% of games. No firmware update will be required.

DATA TRANSFER

The easiest way at present to transfer data from a PC to a PS3 is to burn in onto DVD, or use a memory stick or USB hard drive.

DOWNLOADING PS1 TITLES

Phil Harrison has also said that, from day one on the PS3, you’ll be able to download PS1 titles from the store onto the hard drive. These will only be playable on a PSP to start with in North America and Japan, but will work directly on a PS3 from the off in Europe.

Hopefully we’ll be able to clear up a few more points shortly

farnham

Banned
if UK eats up the 300k on day one despite of the delay and the price.. ill finally admit that UK is the ultimate Sonyland that cannot be taken.

Mmmkay

shagg_187 said:
Though its funny when you look at it that most of the stuff predicted were true, e.g.:

PS3 will be sold at £425 or lower, meaning we could have it cheaper then the previously stated price.
Dont expect to see 20GB models available in europe.
Those two facts have been known since before threespeech even existed.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
farnham said:
if UK eats up the 300k on day one despite of the delay and the price.. ill finally admit that UK is the ultimate Sonyland that cannot be taken.

Is 300k alot for the UK? What is the 360 at? What about the Wii?

Wollan

F1 is popular over here but not that popular I think. And it got that 'casual' vibe to it (not necessary the game, it's audience, therefor meaning it won't be the best selling launch title).

I reckon Resistance will be the best seller with MotorStorm a very close second.

Motorstorm will win it because that'll be shown in all the stores, if they have any sense, Resistance is too mature to be shown.

I'm gonna go into town tomorrow after work and see if I can preorder one, I wasn't going to but look at the launch!! Resistance day one, then download demos on the thing for a while, then virtua fighter, everyone's a winner.

Wollan

travisbickle said:
Motorstorm will win it because that'll be shown in all the stores, if they have any sense, Resistance is too mature to be shown.

I think Motorstorm is easier to be instantly impressed by. Easy to pick up and the carnage is there within seconds. They should definitely have that as the main attraction at the demo stations.

KurowaSan

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4317&NewsAreaID=2

London, 25 January 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced that PLAYSTATION®3 will be launched in the PAL territories of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia on 23rd March 2007 at a price of EURO 599 (GBP 425, AUD 999.95, NZ 1199.95).
[...]
PLAYSTATION 3 Peripherals Available at Launch Peripheral

SIXAXIS™ Wireless Controller - EURO 49.99
Blu-ray Disc Remote Control - EURO 24.99
HDMI Cable - EURO 24.99
AV cable - EURO 16.99
Component AV cable - EURO 24.99
S Video cable - EURO 16.99

Wollan said:
I think Motorstorm is easier to be instantly impressed by. Easy to pick up and the carnage is there within seconds. They should definitely have that as the main attraction at the demo stations.

Only problem being all I ever see on 360s is Tiger Woods and the shitty WWII plane game, because all game store employees are Nintendo fans, so they'll probably put Full Auto 2 on the PS3.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:

It's quite a crowd pleaser. ~_~

Top Bottom