• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

GrazGamer

I agree it is better but it's not HDR like I've seen on displays in store. I only got this TV last xmas so not sure I can justify buying a new one yet. I would love a 65" HDR setup though.

I upgraded mine to the 49UH850 a month or so ago after buying an Xbox One S. The difference with HDR is definitely worth it.

Only problem was my 1080p all in one blu-ray and reciever also needed replacing for 4k and HDR passthrough. I didn't go high end by any stretch of the imagination but it's been a full upgrade of my home entertainment system in the end.

Is it a Pro feature or updated recently to being able to record up to an hour of footage per time, instead of the regular 15 minutes at a time?

jbortz78

Damn my first few hours with my PRO didnt go as planned...

Had backed up all my data (400GB) to my USB HDD.

Unpacked the buty and connected everything and started restore after update... first 15GB went fine then..."cant restore bla bla bla PS4 will initialize". Oh well tried once more, but after like 5gb same thing again. Literally threw my HDD out in the snow!

So I spent my night downloading everything again, luckily Im on a 100/100 line so went quite fast but still. Didnt have time to try any games.

Sulaco

So relieved that my pro is quiet - thanks be to Jaysus! Ratchet and Infamous look so clear on my 1080 TV. Jaggies are hard to spot and there is very little shimmering now.

However I am a little disappointed that the UI is stlil choppy - in particular scrolling through the horizontal tiles. Would this improve with an SSHD?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Sign...The store I preordered from didn't have stock... What's the point of preordering then? They also don't know when the 2nd batch will come as Sony Asia didn't give them a date... I heard elsewhere of a December date for the second batch.

Ordering from Amazon US instead. The taxes will make it about 100 dollars more but I want this before FF XV arrives.

Hackbert

mhh weird, but the console got loud playing infamous. other games its quiet. i also have an LG with "ultra deep colour whatever"... i can see no big difference. a shame i did not wait another half year to upgrade. now i will wait a year or to until i upgrade.

Damn my first few hours with my PRO didnt go as planned...

Had backed up all my data (400GB) to my USB HDD.

Unpacked the buty and connected everything and started restore after update... first 15GB went fine then..."cant restore bla bla bla PS4 will initialize". Oh well tried once more, but after like 5gb same thing again. Literally threw my HDD out in the snow!

So I spent my night downloading everything again, luckily Im on a 100/100 line so went quite fast but still. Didnt have time to try any games.

Oh damn, you guys have snow already? Jealous.

Grinchy

Banned
Uncharted 4 with HDR and "4K" looks fucking amazing. I didn't really love the campaign, but I wish I had played it for the first time like this instead. And yes, it's the first game to make the Pro audible for me. It gets that system very warm.

May be the Placebo effect, but though I was first kind of unimpressed by MWR's presentation difference on the Pro, I think it's beginning to grow on me. Especially scenes with heavy usage of particle effects.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The upgrade is real.

GjxOY6W.jpg

2dynIl9.jpg

4eZGg58.jpg

cVzuUuD.jpg

jbortz78

Oh damn, you guys have snow already? Jealous.

Hah yup, live in Stockholm/Sweden and we had a lot of snow hitting us this wednesday. Couldnt get to work:)

(sorry for going of topic).

Back on: Really liking the feel/build quality of the Pro and the "new" DS4. The machine itself feels much more sturdy, now Im just waiting for my vertical stand. And the DS4 also feels much sturdier, and has a better feel to the buttons.

Sturtiebe

HDR Gaming

Black Level : Low or Full ?
Dynamic Contrast : Medium Or Off ?
Smart Led : High or off ?

If i set dynamic contrast on off everything is so dark and not vibrant colours

ASIS

I haven't been keeping up with PS4 Pro news, but will TLG and FFXV offer enhancements with PS4P or is that still unknown?

TP-DK

My Pro has this constant noise when I'm in the menu or in sleep mode even though I have no games playing. Anyone else with this issue?

Phear

Got mine, its not super silent, but the noise level is below release ps4.

Everything feels a bit snappier. But it might be a placebo. Downloading Uncharted 4 right now..

Frillen

Do I deactivate my PSN on my original PS4, before I start the transfer? In what order should I do things when I do the transfer?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So is the black crush.. jeez. what are your settings? Or is this HDR that translates way too dark on non HDR screens?
My TV has an HDR mode that apparently doesn't translate into screenshots. Just tested it to be sure. Hmm.

SeanR1221

OMG this is maddening.

After hours of attempting to backup last night, I wake up and its finished.

I put my 2TB into the pro and now it won't recognize the firmware update I put on my external HDD.

Yes its in a folder labeled UPDATE inside a PS4 folder.

WTF.

c00l3ru

Uncharted 4 with HDR and "4K" looks fucking amazing. I didn't really love the campaign, but I wish I had played it for the first time like this instead. And yes, it's the first game to make the Pro audible for me. It gets that system very warm.
Yes. Played UC4 a lot yesterday. Amazing and the thing is it's only 1440p. We know ND can do better and apparently there working on another patch. So can't wait to see what's in store for all of us😀

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I've also noticed that the fan can be quite audible at times, although it's not quite reaching regular PS4 TLOU noise levels, it does seem to be at a higher pitch which is a little annoying.

noob question, if I play in 1080p is everything automatically downsampled/ supersampled?

Yes. Unless there are other options to choose from like the two extra native 1080P options in Tombraider. But the 4K mode in that game also automatically downscales to 1080P on your 1080P screen. Looking much cleaner.

Kogepan

Just had time to load TLOU and UC4. HDR looks crazy good on my Vizio M-Series 65 incher. Totally worth the upgrade if you have this TV.

Venom Fox

Banned

Lucifon

My TV has an HDR mode that apparently doesn't translate into screenshots. Just tested it to be sure. Hmm.

So is the black crush.. jeez. what are your settings? Or is this HDR that translates way too dark on non HDR screens?

I could be wrong but I've seen multiple HDR shots in this thread now and all have serious black crush. I think screenshots in HDR might be broken on the PS4 Pro right now. Similar issue XB1S had (although that was making everything look washed out) but I believe they've solved now.

Top Bottom