• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

zarnold56

So I have a frustrating time with mine so far. It won't boot out of rest mode. It just turns on and the blue light flashes. I have let it boot for 20 minutes and no change. I can pull the power cord and it will recovery boot and work fine. Then if I put it in rest mode again, it will not boot up. I am going to try and re-initialize it again when I get home from work and see if it will boot properly with no software on it other than the firmware. Really annoying.

GazzaGSi

I held off playing Modern Warfare Remaster until I got a PS4 Pro. It's not mind blowing but it looks great nonetheless. Quick question though. I started playing a lot of MP today and noticed I was always the first one to pop up on the map in my team. That's a benefit of playing via the Pro right?

Think that means you're the host for the game, host normally spawns first while others connect to you.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Been replaying all my patched games just to see the differences.

Every game ive tried looks like a bullshot lol. Even even VR looks better.

Wallach

just curious how do you know if skyrim has the patch? I play dishonored and had the path it looks fabulous!

Skyrim SE already has Pro support. Unfortunately, at least to me, the game isn't benefiting from it right now. It does native 4K, which is nice, but the framerate is noticeably more inconsistent and it feels worse to play than it did on my regular PS4. Doesn't support HDR either.

leng jai

Just had a chance to get Titanfall. The IQ is absolutely sick, really elevates the game's visuals. Was not expecting it to look as good as it does honestly.

Cappa

Banned
Today I will be picking up a PS4 Pro for roughly $122.

The math:

$399 retail price (no sales tax, as I live in NH)
- $150 (trade in value at Gamestop)
- $90 (credit card cash back I have stockpiled)
- $24 (workplace purchase program points)
- $8 (credit card cash back earned)
- $5 (Best Buy rewards program certificate earned)
= $122

That's a 70% discount off of retail. I can't wait to play FF15 on this thing.

ill be doing something similar after I get off work today. Finally doing a much needed upgrade from my 1080p 40 inch Samsung and going with the well reviewed KS8000 55 inch and than doing a trade in at Gamestop.

Krakatoa

Have you tested this out? Are you sure HDR is working. I know 4k is working fine but I've heard HDR is not implemented yet.

Sorry for the confusion I should have pointed out I have not tested HDR on the PS4 Pro Netflix. I was just making people aware that to stream HDR you need to be on a certain plan.

Apt101

Hmm, digging this new controller too. I like the light bar on the touchpad and the softer finish on the d-pad and sticks are pleasant. Feels lighter too? Or am I imagining things.

Ferr986

Keep in mind screenshots aren't the very best indication. You have to see it for yourself because the image quality holds up in motion and that's not something you can appreciate in a screenshot.

Yes I understand this, although there's stil a lot of people being impressed just with the pics where I don't see anything :/

New console launches just make people giddy. I'm patiently watching too and I'm beginning to move on the "going to buy" side now. Not overly hyped, but I like some of what I'm seeing for 1080p gaming, especially news like FFXV having a dedicated 1080p60 mode. If we get more stuff like that going forward, it will definitely be a worthwhile investment.

If it was a consistent 60 fps it would be nice, but I expect a RoTR mode where it's more around 40-50.

The math:

= $122

Yes this is close to the deal I could do.

BroBot

I'm playing Bully (PS2 classic) on pro and it looks a little more cleaner and sharper but I notice slight flickering during the opening cutscene.

XJ0bTvD.jpg

ryushe

Are there no other decent trade-in deal for this thing other than gamestop's $150 one?

I want the Pro, but I can't justify paying more than $150 for it, especially when I already own two OG PS4's

I've tried Ratchet & Clank, InFamous First Light, Uncharted 4, and The Last Of Us.

I was easily the most impressed by Ratchet & Clank. Looks like fucking Pixar. Incredible. I was originally just going to demo it but I think I'm going to do a full second play through now.

Second best is The Last Of Us. The native 4k option is astoundingly sharp.

I'd put InFamous third and UC4 last.

Vlaphor

I'm in this weird spot because I kind of do want a PS4 Pro, but I'd also have to buy a new 5.1 receiver as well to enjoy it. I have a 4k tv, but an older receiver that only does 1080. I have my pc connected to my tv through a DP to HDMI active converter and that gives me 4k 60hz 4:4:4, and I have my hdmi port plugged into the receiver to give me 5.1 audio. My current PS4 and Wii U are plugged into the receiver, because they are both 1080 machines.

If I were to buy a new receiver, what would be a good one to buy that could still give me 4k 60hz 4:4:4 on my PC, or is that even possible.

I've tried Ratchet & Clank, InFamous First Light, Uncharted 4, and The Last Of Us.

I was easily the most impressed by Ratchet & Clank. Looks like fucking Pixar. Incredible. I was originally just going to demo it but I think I'm going to do a full second play through now.

Second best is The Last Of Us. The native 4k option is astoundingly sharp.

I'd put InFamous third and UC4 last.

Got rid of Ratchet after I completed it sadly. So far my order of best is

Last of Us
Uncharted 4
with Infamous way last as its so dark in HDR

HeelPower

Just to make sure,if a game is pro patched,it will automically work its pro magic ?

I dont need to changed anything from system settings ?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm playing Bully (PS2 classic) on pro and it looks a little more cleaner and sharper but I notice slight flickering during the opening cutscene.

Have you tried cycling through the tunnel to the fairground? That's the first thing I'm going to test because it was the only place on the OG PS4 that I noticed a drop in framerate. I'm fascinated to see if they take the shackles off the Pro for PS2 emulation.

Just to make sure,if a game is pro patched,it will automically work its pro magic ?

I dont need to changed anything from system settings ?

Most just go with what they believe are the best pro settings, some games like Infamous, Last of Us etc let you change those settings in the menu too.

martino

i'm amazed.
I just sold my ps4 for 200€.
I put an advertisement yesteday and got 11 people ready to buy it
Imo it's the best to get good money for it and you can probably sell it for 10 or 20 more in France.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Oh my god, someone help me. I've been working on this for over two hours.

Whenever I start the transfer, I'm met with with:

"Cannot connect to the server within the time limit.
There might have been a problem in connecting to the network, or PlayStation Network or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy.
(NE-31175-7)"

PLEASE HELP. I'm met with this no matter how I do it (connecting directly, connecting through router, etc.). I have to get this transferred over. I'm supposed to be selling my old PS4 to a friend.

I've tried it logged into my account on both, I've tried it with my old one just on the startup page, I've tried every possible way--last night and this morning--and the same thing happens. Every. Single. Time.

It's so infuriating, I can hardly take it. It always lets me get to the preparing to transfer page before timing out. I never end up seeing the loading bar.

Can someone with knowhow PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help?

The math:

= $122

Got mine for $97 bucks.

$400 retail price
+ 11+% sales tax in Chicago
- $300 selling my old one to a friend with some old games and an extra controller
- $40 from the Target 10% Wishlist Coupon
~ Give or take some cents here or there
= $97

IF ONLY I COULD GET THE DAMN THING TO TRANSFER WITHOUT TIMING OUT.

martino

I've tried it logged into my account on both, I've tried it with my old one just on the startup page, I've tried every possible way--last night and this morning--and the same thing happens. Every. Single. Time.

It's so infuriating, I can hardly take it. It always lets me get to the preparing to transfer page before timing out. I never end up seeing the loading bar.

It worked for me doing the folowing :
loggin on the old console
Launch the new one.
Log with default account.
Go to settings -> system -> transfer data from another ps4
follow instructions (connect with accounts to migrate choose data and then push og ps4 ps4 button for 1 sec)
wait for transfer to end (ex : ~ 10 hours for 365go)

Jachaos

Battlefield 1's pause menu is so much faster now. It simply opens right away, and you can navigate it instantly. On regular PS4, it takes a little while for it to appear.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Ive asked twice but no answer, can someone tell me if the input lag on the pro increased compared to vanilla ps4?

?? Input Lag usually refers to the delay between the signal output of your source (HDMI out) and the time your TV/monitor takes to receive and display that signal. You are looking at the wrong end here, its the TV/ monitor you have to worry about when you want low input lag.

Or are you talking about the input lag of the controller? That delay will be shorter with the new controller, if you connect it via cable. Bluetooth lag is still the same.

Well in your original post you get this error code: NE-31175-7. If you google that code you get a few different threads on people getting this error.

But honestly if I was you I would just give up on the transfer idea. Just upload game saves to the cloud and give up on the rest. Doesn't seem worth the hassle. At least unless you are on download caps or something.

Got a little scare when I didn't get any picture with the pro. Turned out the HDMI cord wasn't quite all the way in. The rest worked flawlessly. Got an wiped initialized ps4 that I will try to get my brother to accept as an gift. (he doesn't game all that much)

GazzaGSi

If you're keeping your original PS4 it doesn't matter, I deactivated my original after the Pro was already up and running.

Also depends which method you use as to whether you'll be asked to deactivate old and activate new. I used an external HDD to backup so as they weren't connected at the same time I wasn't asked about activation.

My steps were:

-Backup OG PS4
-Installed 2TB in Pro
-Installed system software off USB
-Initialised the Pro completing the basic settings (date, time, network etc)
-Once Pro was loaded to 'xmb' went to settings and restored the backup
-While restoring, setup OG PS4 in another room and deactivated console
-Once Pro restore was complete, activated as primary
-Done.

i cannot for the life of me get any of my headphones working other than straight plugging them into mic. They worked on ps4 og with the usb but on my pro doesnt even give me the option of switching to usb

Gumbie

This was happening to me last night and the weirdest thing fixed it. The TV I had my old ps4 hooked to was turned off because why would I even need it on since you do everything from the new one right? I kept timing out and eventually went into the other room to see what the old ps4 was doing and turned the TV on. I left the TV on and started the transfer to see if any error showed up on the old one. Low and behold it started right up. I have no idea if I just got lucky that time or giving it a display to output to did something.

Åesop;224083092 said:
?? Input Lag usually refers to the delay between the signal output of your source (HDMI out) and the time your TV/monitor takes to receive and display that signal. You are looking at the wrong end here, its the TV/ monitor you have to worry about when you want low input lag.

Or are you talking about the input lag of the controller? That delay will be shorter with the new controller, if you connect it via cable. Bluetooth lag is still the same.
Display lag -> TV

Input lag -> Time it takes the controller to send via BT

Top Bottom