• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 System Software 4.5 Beta sign up

Rikkun

Please allow for use of external drives for games installs. Please allow for use of external drives for games installs. Please allow for use of external drives for games installs. Please allow for use of external drives for games installs.

PoaGlon.jpg

Gotta sell those 2tb consoles bruh

Also I LITERALLY JUST RECEIVED MY 2TB HDD AFTER YEARS OF STRUGGLE DON'T DO THIS TO ME SONY OR I'LL BE HELLA SALTY

Audioboxer

Please allow for use of external drives for games installs. Please allow for use of external drives for games installs. Please allow for use of external drives for games installs. Please allow for use of external drives for games installs.

PoaGlon.jpg

Never happening. Sony's fear of piracy borderlines on the criminally paranoid.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Never happening. Sony's fear of piracy borderlines on the criminally paranoid.

Perhaps they could limit it to only launch when you're signed in as the owner for games on the external drive? Is piracy an issue for installed games on internal hdds?

Audioboxer

Perhaps they could limit it to only launch when you're signed in as the owner for games on the external drive? Is piracy an issue for installed games on internal hdds?

Considering what happened with the PS3 with Game Sharing and the PSP with rampant piracy, I really can't blame them for locking down their ecosystem more.

As wetflame said the internal drive is already locked down. It's just paranoia that has them not want to do external support. Even though there is that ridiculous tumour addon from Nyko is it?

I think Sony are more paranoid that external support somehow opens up their OS to a bug (USB piracy addon or something) than anyone actually doing anything with the drive itself. Considering Sony have a legacy of exploitable FW.

Elandyll

Banned

PoaGlon.jpg

Not gonna happen man.
Sorry :(

androvsky

Joining the beta will break remote play until it is officially released, right?
Not always, but it's likely. The last beta broke remote play for PC, but not Vita. Sony so far has been good about warning if remote play will break before you install.

Applied for it, hope I get selected. Though I've never been selected for it. Maybe it also has some PSVR functionality that I can test?

joeblow

I guess the past firmwares have done a great job since I have no interest in any of the main requests mentioned here so far. I'm not sure what I'd specifically want, tbqh.

Unless this opened up something like Bluetooth compatibility I would have no real interest in this the current os seems fine ATM for me.

Hasney

PoaGlon.jpg

Not happening, at least on launch hardware.

It's that time again. This will be the name change one. I can feel it.

That and game statistics (hours played) is all I really want.

I'm with you on the second one. The PS4 is the only major system that doesn't provide you with these stats, although it is tracking them.

If they can within the infrastructure (and that SDK did hint that they may have cracked it), they will. They're leaving money on the table right now.
Agreed.

They know people want it and they can get more money from it. It is just a matter of figuring out how to get it to work.

foxbeldin

The only feature i really want is preloading of day-one patches for physical purchases but it's probably never happening.

Darkchaser3

Neo Member
hope i get picked been 0 and 3 so far with these also please PSN name change, external HDD support, PS1/PS2 disc support, Video chatting would be nice too

skynidas

Banned
Wishlist:

* Name change.
* Hours spent per game.
* Trophy progress counter. (If you need to kill 10 enemies, it should tell you how many you have killed already)

None of these should be hard to implement. Except name change but from what I have been hearing they already cracked it and are just putting the final touches on it.

Top Bottom