• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 System Software 4.5 Beta sign up

Pillville

Username change would be a PSN update, not a PS4 firmware update.

Plus, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
only saying this in hopes of a reverse jinx

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is there some sort of way that I don't have to go into the trophy menu for them to be uploaded to the cloud/sync'd or whatever? I just got my PS4 at Christmas and it's weird that it'll happily tell people about me playing games for the first time and all that but doesn't put my achievements online until I go and look at them on the console. That should be a feature if it's not already.

The US site and blog say it is 4.5 while the EU ones don't mention that. Weird.

I hope this update is big and brings more novelties like with 4.00.

Jonboy

System wide downsampling for Pro on 1080p. Believe it.

So if this actually happened, would that mean you could run something like Tomb Raider in the higher framerate mode, but also have downsampling thanks to the system-wide integration?

Would it be possible for the higher framerate mode to be less effective with this?

icespide

Banned
So if this actually happened, would that mean you could run something like Tomb Raider in the higher framerate mode, but also have supersampling thanks to the system-wide integration?

Would it be possible for the higher framerate mode to be less effective with this?

it would only super sample stuff that is higher than 1080p. the high frame rate mode is 1080p so would be unaffected

joeblow

If they implement name changes, abuse can be prevented by allowing the first one for free, and $100 for every change after that.

farisr

Have these system software updates ever included updates to the media player before, or are those separate due to it being a standalone app you have to download?

Just wondering whether I should be hoping for a 4k hdr, or 3d 360 update or not with this one.

mike4001_

System wide downsampling option on the Pro would be nice.

+ Force PS4 Pro to act as a standard PS4 (for these [rare] cases where the Pro version of the game had higher resolution but worse fps)

If they implement name changes, abuse can be prevented by allowing the first one for free, and $100 for every change after that.

Just make it $ 9,99 as xbox does. Prevents abuse but is also not dickishly high ;-)

A.Romero

I really just want to be able to change my account's region. I'd pay and I'm willing to forfeit some of the licenses attached to my account.

I got a PS3 on launch day. At the time I was living in Canada so I created a CAN account.

A few years later I moved to Mexico but all my PSN history, purchases (not many) and my trophies are on the CAN region. I can't purchase anything with a MX credit card.

I don't want to lose my history and I'd like to purchase things here. Since I moved here (2008) I haven't purchased anything on the PSN other than PS+ through prepaid card bought with online retailers.

In general this is fine with me but the current exchange rates are killing me...

I'm willing to pay, I'm willing to forfeit some or all the licenses. Just let me keep my history and my trophies and purchase in the Mexican store and I'm golden.

MaKTaiL

I really just want to be able to change my account's region. I'd pay and I'm willing to forfeit some of the licenses attached to my account.

I got a PS3 on launch day. At the time I was living in Canada so I created a CAN account.

A few years later I moved to Mexico but all my PSN history, purchases (not many) and my trophies are on the CAN region. I can't purchase anything with a MX credit card.

I don't want to lose my history and I'd like to purchase things here. Since I moved here (2008) I haven't purchased anything on the PSN other than PS+ through prepaid card bought with online retailers.

In general this is fine with me but the current exchange rates are killing me...

I'm willing to pay, I'm willing to forfeit some or all the licenses. Just let me keep my history and my trophies and purchase in the Mexican store and I'm golden.

I second that. I had to create an American account as Brazil wasn't even an option at the time. 4 years ago they finally allowed us to create a brazilian account. Today the dollar is costing way too much and the prices on the brazilian store are way cheaper than buying PSN Cards on Amazon to buy stuff on my main american account. I would love to be able to change the region.

In addition to activity log and name change, I'd like:

-Friend Folders w/ option to individually message everyone in a group WITHOUT making an annoying real-time group

-Ability to customize the quick menu

-Ability to put same game/app in multiple folders

-Smaller UI icons on home screen

-A "Share Community" that lets users vote and upload on screenshots and clips

-Community improvements-- make it more like a forum and increase the population limit

androvsky

Have these system software updates ever included updates to the media player before, or are those separate due to it being a standalone app you have to download?

Just wondering whether I should be hoping for a 4k hdr, or 3d 360 update or not with this one.

The last firmware update included FLAC and OGG support, but the Media Player wasn't updated to support them until a little while after the final firmware went live. Those are open-source libraries, so Sony had to disclose in the software licenses section they were on the system as part of the firmware.

Sony actually swapped out a lot of software libraries in the last update, but almost all of it was invisible to the end user.

What's really fun is looking at the PSVR licenses since the breakout box is an ARM chip running linux. There's even kernel source code for the USB communication for the PSVR linked on the web page (morpheus_bridge).

Gradly

Thanx OP. A beta means there's a major update. If it's visual I guess the option to change background, icons, or music

And I hope they add remote play on iOS devices too

Unknown?

I hope for external HDD support mainly. PS4 already added the big ones like share play and apps staying in rest mode.

I would love to take part and check out the new features but I got burned by the Xbox One beta tests for the OS. Good luck people.

Carl

Only thing left that would be nice to have is am activity log

There's nothing else remaining for the system that I am desperate for, I don't think

Man, PS1 classic support would be killer. I don't want a username change but I'd love the feature available for those who do!
Activity Log is my biggest wish, though.

Been in the last 2 Beta tests, so hopefully this one will come though as well!

I wonder if we're gonna start seeing exclusive features go to the Pro model. Like, what if the Pro got PS1/2 disc support and the regular model didn't?

DieH@rd

Banned
.5 means it won't have many major features right?

All big PS4 software updates come in 0.5 increments.

1.50 - day1 launch firmware
2.0 - Share Play and themes
2.5 - Suspend/Resume
3.0 - YT support, PNG screenshots, jump from 1 to 10GB of cloud storage
3.5 - RP support for PC&Mac, 60fps RP, DS4 USB connectivity
4.0 - Folder support, 1080p streaming, HDR support

JP

This'd be lovely, thanks.
PlayStation 4 Pro - Firmware 4.5
  • Systemwide supersampling for all games on 1080p panels
pfsWisG.jpg

Go on, you know you want to do it. :)