• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sucks the sackboy patch was a bust so far... way too overpowered.

Knee Jerk reaction patch breaks game? Oh well. Sorry you all lose to sack so much. I heard rolling and blocking and throws were pretty good tools but hey what do I know. Kinda sucks for sackboy now he's pretty much one of the worst in the game at the moment.

Mr. Fix

Knee Jerk reaction patch breaks game? Oh well. Sorry you all lose to sack so much. I heard rolling and blocking and throws were pretty good tools but hey what do I know. Kinda sucks for sackboy now he's pretty much one of the worst in the game at the moment.

Teach me your anti-Sackboy techs! Specifically when he's in the corner, and has an electric mat up. You'd think aerial would work, right? A smart Sackboy player would also prioritize on throws if you attempt to roll through him.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Teach me your anti-Sackboy techs! Specifically when he's in the corner, and has an electric mat up. You'd think aerial would work, right? A smart Sackboy player would also prioritize on throws if you attempt to roll through him.

You don't roll through him in that situation you instant jump air dodge then. If he did any attack you are free to throw his ass after you land. If he didn't you will just both tech each others throws at that point depending on the character you are you do your fastest close range option or go for another throw. If you both attack at the same time block because the sack player will most likely try to attack again if he did do your biggest punisher.

Mr. Fix

You don't roll through him in that situation you instant jump air dodge then.

The timing would have to be pretty tight on that, otherwise his cake/goop will still hit you in the air. It'd also need to be an aerial attack then, because if you land, you'll do so on the mat.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The timing would have to be pretty tight on that, otherwise his cake/goop will still hit you in the air. It'd also need to be an aerial attack then, because if you land, you'll do so on the mat.

If he put the mat directly on the wall then he's fucked to begin with. Just attack him unless you are using heihachi/evil cole you can hit him over his mat. Learn the ranges on your attacks or what attacks you have that can destroy it.

Mr. Fix

If he put the mat directly on the wall then he's fucked to begin with. Just attack him unless you are using heihachi/evil cole you can hit him over his mat.

There's space between him and the mat? Because that's never been the case for the ones I've fought. I'll try it when I get the chance.

I use Evil Cole, and I think the only move that can destroy it would be the grenade he tosses, but I'd have to be far from him for it to land. They'd just place another mat though, or the cake/goop toss would interfere, and they'd plant one after their projectile hits. E.Cole's also got the superman rush which I think flies over the mat, but again, timing's strict since they'd be chucking shit at me.

leroidys

Fuckdamn I'm getting tired of Raiden. I don't think that he's necessarily OP, but the skill level required to win as him is so goddamn low. Literally just button mash, accidentally land 3 attacks, full ap. It also seems like his lvl 1 super has excessive frames of invincibility, but it could just be lag. I'll beat the shit out of him and combo him across the map, and then he'll land a couple hits, get a lvl 1, win.

Also Cole's stupid pew pew gives him AP like mad.

I'm starting to think that the AP system is just a broken, terrible foundation for a fighting game. It rewards very uninteresting, repetitious, cynical play.

SSReborn

If he put the mat directly on the wall then he's fucked to begin with. Just attack him unless you are using heihachi/evil cole you can hit him over his mat. Learn the ranges on your attacks or what attacks you have that can destroy it.

loool I have a certain Sackboy player that I would've wanted you to go up against. Its probably to late now however.

Mr. Fix

loool I have a certain Sackboy player that I would've wanted you to go up against. Its probably to late now however.

Well they didn't change the properties on his moves at all, so it's not like it would have affected your friend's skills with Sackboy.

SSReborn

Well they didn't change the properties on his moves at all, so it's not like it would have affected your friend's skills with Sackboy.

Well yeah that's true but I mean to face his Sackboy in the state that would allow for him to see why a lot of people were complaining; even people who don't usually complain about any characters in terms of balance. Its not just the case of everyone not knowing how to play the game or use the tools given to them there. Sackboy is literally the only character I have a problem with even in the midst of Kratos/Raiden complaints I feel those two are manageable. They may have went a bit to far in terms of what they did we don't know yet but I'm glad they did something.

Dereck

I'm starting to think that the AP system is just a broken, terrible foundation for a fighting game. It rewards very uninteresting, repetitious, cynical play.
Perhaps, yes. I enjoy this game, but after a certain amount of time I do think the AP system with force me to sell this game.

Caffer

Neo Member
PS plus downloaded the patch for me lol... At least it seems my offline is working... I can play arcade without deleting the patch..

online isnt working at ALL for me since patch..anybody else? some weird codename error

Worse for me. Everytime I start the game it crashes at the Bluepoint logo. I can quit back to the XMB menu, but then the PS3 has to restart itself. They fucked up big time with this patch.

Radius

Worse for me. Everytime I start the game it crashes at the Bluepoint logo. I can quit back to the XMB menu, but then the PS3 has to restart itself. They fucked up big time with this patch.

Same here.

Is there any way to delete the patch? Or do I have to delete the whole game and then download it again without the patch? If so, then I'll use the Vita version until the next patch arrives.

Seriously, Superbot, get your sh*t together. You can't tell me one noticed the damage done by this patch.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

You're not the only one thinking about that.

Same here.

Is there any way to delete the patch? Or do I have to delete the whole game and then download it again without the patch? If so, then I'll use the Vita version until the next patch arrives.

Seriously, Superbot, get your sh*t together. You can't tell me one noticed the damage done by this patch.

Go offline and delete the patch in the game data. At least, iirc the patch file is different from the actual game.

And get smacked by Jam because it and the cake fully absorb Radec's sniper? Great advice.

Cake is for projectile (cake, jam), sniper is for pushing that sack twerp (among other push attacks) and mine or grenade launcher for the electric trap.

Online doesn't work for 1.02. I think the servers are still for old version only since they don't want to patch US cause it borked EU games. Thats why imo SB should just patch EU games back to 1.01 till their patch is fixed.

Remember you can reflect slow projectiles like Sackboys with some attacks like Parappas neutral triangle. I think same goes for charged attacks like FP neutral square.

They should just fuckin give them to everyone already instead of that bullshit. I don't like that the ppl who pre-ordered did it for nothing in the end but releasing 500x codes is bullshit with such a tiny community anyway. Just patch it for free to everyone as an apology for buggy launch and borken patch.

bakedpony

Thanks Takao and killthee!

So was Europe the testers for the patch? Seems like it's not coming out in NA til the issues are fixed.

They should just fuckin give them to everyone already instead of that bullshit. I don't like that the ppl who pre-ordered did it for nothing in the end but releasing 500x codes is bullshit with such a tiny community anyway. Just patch it for free to everyone as an apology for buggy launch and borken patch.

But, DLC moneyz

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I redeemed them with my US PSN but I wonder if it will unlock in my game (I use my US PSN to connect in my Asia game). Not that I'd know, I turn off online for my PS3 when playing the game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I redeemed them with my US PSN but I wonder if it will unlock in my game (I use my US PSN to connect in my Asia game). Not that I'd know, I turn off online for my PS3 when playing the game.
Doubtful. DLC is usually tied to specific Ttitle ID's. NA DLC will be tied to the NA Title ID, Euro DLC to the Euro Title ID, etc...

Ran rp

Can you please just give the costumes out to everyone SuperBot?

If SuperBot gives away costumes again can someone please pm me?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I play Ratchet that's pretty much sacks worst match up period I have counter tools for everything if he beat me consistently I'd be shocked.

*snipe negates cake or can jump and aim around it, buzz blades destroy cake floor panels the fan, suck cannon grabs through floor panel*

I tend to pick Sir Dan vs Sackboy players just to make it more fair.

I say sack isnt that great because he isn't and he's even worse now. He became super good when people don't know the game well and know how to fully use the games defensive tools, there are only a few characters that cant fully get around what he can do but in those situations just go avoid his ass completely patience is a virtue.

The sackboy seems op as shit in FFA because the game isnt balanced for FFA which is one of the reason kratos looks way better than he really is as well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Haha alright? Because sitting in a corner and just spamming random items earns you 6 kills definitely. I beat sackboy the majority of the time I verse him, but there is nothing you can do in a 2v2 if your teammate just continues to feed him AP. Same goes for FFA where it really won't matter if you're the best in that particular game, if the other 2 have no idea what they are doing.

NEO0MJ

PSY・S;45211207 said:
Wait did it just work for you?

I inputted it as soon as it appeared. I just took some time messing with the costumes before thanking him. Sorry f that got your hopes up >.<

SmithnCo

lol, Sack is still not one of the worst. His electro-pad is a beast against non-sword characters and he can bust that out almost instantly. Forget about it in 2v2 and FFA. 1v1 with him is fair.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Haha alright? Because sitting in a corner and just spamming random items earns you 6 kills definitely. I beat sackboy the majority of the time I verse him, but there is nothing you can do in a 2v2 if your teammate just continues to feed him AP. Same goes for FFA where it really won't matter if you're the best in that particular game, if the other 2 have no idea what they are doing.

Like I said game isn't balanced towards FFA and random 2v2's with a random scrub REALLY doesn't mean jack shit. Me and Frank played a ton of games together not a single game where there was a sackboy did they win. You know the game we did lose? Jak and Spike.

lol, Sack is still not one of the worst. His electro-pad is a beast against non-sword characters and he can bust that out almost instantly. Forget about it in 2v2 and FFA. 1v1 with him is fair.

See above, if it's 2v2 use some team synergy. Should be assist character and rush down.

bakedpony

And in FFA once you try to go for Sack some idiot will mess up your plan from behind.

OmegaZero

Just had a 2v2 with two Sackboys. Me as Dante and this level 700 Raiden against team LBP.
It did not end well.

They keep rolling behind those pads, even if I some how manage to get on their side and attempt to hit/throw them.
The cake and balls I can counter, but those pads are the most annoying thing I've encountered since Radec sniper spam (although that's way easier to deal with).

EDIT:
You don't roll through him in that situation you instant jump air dodge then. If he did any attack you are free to throw his ass after you land. If he didn't you will just both tech each others throws at that point depending on the character you are you do your fastest close range option or go for another throw. If you both attack at the same time block because the sack player will most likely try to attack again if he did do your biggest punisher.

Didn't see this. I'll have to try it.

Ran rp

I inputted it as soon as it appeared. I just took some time messing with the costumes before thanking him. Sorry f that got your hopes up >.<

Nah, it's cool :S

It wouldn't work for me on both the SEN site and my Vita so I doubt it'd magically start working again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just had a 2v2 with two Sackboys. Me as Dante and this level 700 Raiden against team LBP.
It did not end well.

They keep rolling behind those pads, even if I some how manage to get on their side and attempt to hit/throw them.
The cake and balls I can counter, but those pads are the most annoying thing I've encountered since Radec sniper spam (although that's way easier to deal with).

Ratchet sniper shot is the best range attack in the game because the only thing you can do vs it is block air dodge or rolling gets you shot. The problem that happened here was it was two melee based characters, At best you could of done some fire axes to assist the raiden with but over all that match up combo is meh.

Two melee isn't that great same for two range. *I banned frank from using redac when Im playing as Im always using ratchet lol that one game... was not pretty*

The reason rolling isn't that great in this game as something to just do is the fact that you are free to hits for a long ass time at the end of a roll. rolls should be used as a dodging tool or escape tool ONLY not a space closing tool.

SmithnCo

See above, if it's 2v2 use some team synergy. Should be assist character and rush down.

And that will work for teams of two Sackboys, who will cover themselves and likely bust out at least two of the best level 3s in the game? And FFA is the only ranked game you can play by yourself, so saying it isn't balanced for that seems to go against the whole design of it. To win against pre-patch Sackboy likely required a disproportionate amount of skill on your end than the guy playing Sackboy had by putting down pads.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
And that will work for teams of two Sackboys, who will cover themselves and likely bust out at least two of the best level 3s in the game? And FFA is the only ranked game you can play by yourself, so saying it isn't balanced for that seems to go against the whole design of it. To win against pre-patch Sackboy likely required a disproportionate amount of skill on your end than the guy playing Sackboy had by putting down pads.

Uh, air dodging attacks is not some high skill move it's basics of the game.

Top Bottom