• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Quick

Banned
How do I download the pre-order costumes on my Vita?

Just realized that I haven't done this on it yet, and I can't seem to download it via my download list.

Ryce

Assuming Mink is correct and we get more alternate costumes, I sincerely hope SuperBot offers them at a reasonable price. The "$1.99 per costume/$14.99 for 16" scheme they have going for the on-disc pre-order alts is ridiculous.

Paying for costumes is a slippery slope. Once you start, it's really hard to stop and when you do, in retrospect, you really wonder what the heck you were doing

Quick

Banned
Try redownload from store page with PS3 (not download list). Dunno if it helps but it could include the Vita costumes.

This is a no-go. It's not listed on the game's page on the PS3 (both Vita and PS3 version), and the download list on the PS3 just downloads the PS3 version.

Paying for costumes is a slippery slope. Once you start, it's really hard to stop and when you do, in retrospect, you really wonder what the heck you were doing

I've never been a fan of DLC costumes, especially at the prices I'm seeing. However, I find that LBP's isn't too bad, and it comes with more than just costumes at times.

This is a no-go. It's not listed on the game's page on the PS3 (both Vita and PS3 version), and the download list on the PS3 just downloads the PS3 version.

I've never been a fan of DLC costumes, especially at the prices I'm seeing. However, I find that LBP's isn't too bad, and it comes with more than just costumes at times.
If you have a twitter you could ask Superbot for help or even Sony customer service. They have apparently helped people before with the same problem.

TheMink

Assuming Mink is correct and we get more alternate costumes, I sincerely hope SuperBot offers them at a reasonable price. The "$1.99 per costume/$14.99 for 16" scheme they have going for the on-disc pre-order alts is ridiculous.

Not based on anything, but i wouldnt be surprised if they keep the "free for two weeks" model.

If i see a game has a crap load of free content id be much more inclined to buy that game. And i think they would prefer to entice sales over a few bucks here and there.

Hopefully anyway.

I just finished playing the Sly Cooper 4 demo on PS3 and now I want Carmelita as a actual playable character. She's so sexy and foxy. I hope next go round on All Stars Battle Royale 2 Superbot adds more content and fan service from each respective IP to pad up the game.
A few stages from one IP would be a great start.

Ryce

Here's an idea of a potential move list for Zeus. I'm sure I missed a few attacks, though.

Square - Melee
Square - Haymaker -> Body Blow -> Lightning Double Punch
Side Square - Blade of Olympus (Mashable)

Triangle - Lightning
Triangle - Lightning Spheres (Mashable) [Air]
Side Triangle - Lightning Haymaker -> Lightning Uppercut
Up Triangle - Upwards Lightning Sphere
Down Triangle - Lightning Strike [Air - Ground Pound]

Circle - Magic
Circle - Deflect
Side Circle - Teleport
Up Circle - Flight
Down Circle - Force Lift

Throws
Side Throw - One-Handed Drag

Supers
Level 1 - Blade of Olympus Lightning Strike
Level 2 - Pillars of Lightning
Level 3 - Titan Zeus

Don't let me down, Mink. I've hyped myself up into actually wanting Zeus.

TheMink

Here's an idea of a potential move list for Zeus. I'm sure I missed a few attacks, though.

Square - Melee
Square - Haymaker -> Body Blow -> Lightning Double Punch
Side Square - Blade of Olympus (Mashable)

Triangle - Lightning
Triangle - Lightning Spheres (Mashable) [Air]
Side Triangle - Lightning Haymaker -> Lightning Uppercut
Up Triangle - Upwards Lightning Sphere
Down Triangle - Lightning Strike [Air - Ground Pound]

Circle - Magic
Circle - Deflect
Side Circle - Teleport
Up Circle - Flight
Down Circle - Force Lift

Throws
Side Throw - One-Handed Drag

Supers
Level 1 - Blade of Olympus Lightning Strike
Level 2 - Pillars of Lightning
Level 3 - Titan Zeus

Don't let me down, Mink. I've hyped myself up into actually wanting Zeus.

Holy crap! You really put a lot of effort into this!!
I really hope it comes to fruition XD

Ryce

Holy crap! You really put a lot of effort into this!!
I really hope it comes to fruition XD
Ha, it just looks that way -- it's only two videos (the GOWII and GOWIII boss battles). Zeus uses so many attacks in those games that coming up with a general move list outline is pretty easy.

I tried playing online last night....

First match was 2 drakes spamming barrels and Ak-47s. Very lame match. Second match was Raiden and Kratos vs me (Heihachi) and an evil Cole that stopped playing 1/5 of the way into the match.

I'm done online for a bit. Gonna be way more training before I attempt that again.

Nakiro

I wonder if Dante usage has increased since DmC came out...

My last 4 matches consisted of 4 different Sackboys doing exactly the same combo.
I find myself enjoying playing against bots more and more each time I go online.

OmegaZero

I am in love with Good Cole now.
Dat Frost Shield.
Dat winning smile.

Still can't combo for crap, but I win most of my matches at least.

Poor Emmett. His New Challenger video on youtube has 90,000 views whereas Kats has 200,000. Not surprising, but still. You go up against the gravity queen and you're bound to be overshadowed.

Zen

Banned
Dreamscape is one of the worst fighting game maps ever.

Time station and Loco Roco aren't too far behind.

What's wrong with them? I love how Dreamscape changes as you play.

Mmm, mid tier. Shes got totally awesome combos and everything, but her supers are in desperate need of a buff in order to be viable.

Her level 1 has some interesting applications on inclines and against walls since it gets stopped by solid objects. Depending on the terrain you can make it spawn very close to you. I think her level 2 and minimum should always knockback other players so they can't just get close to you and roll from side to side faster than you can turn. Nariko is still a good character, but yeah, she'd a mid tier character that's still awesome in the right hands.

Aceun

Those combos blew my mind. I agree with Mink, 2v2 setups/confirms are pretty much untapped at this point. They could be really deadly with certain team ups. Holy cow, this is the next level of all stars.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/358890870
All Stars starts at the 20 minute mark.

I'm finally approved. I've been following the all stars threads since the beginning and I randomly played against napalm frank today. My PSN is choo411 friend me if you want to play 2s or 1v1s.

Thank you, and
merchant.jpg
to GAF.

(Is this patch-updated, or without the patch?)

Keeping in mind tag team setups, what do you guys think of this as a 2v2 mode:

Game starts off 2v2. Level 1's only (maybe level 2's)

Here's how it works:

Red Team: Jak and Ratchet
Blue Team: Dan and Toro

Objective: Kill Limit Variant

Game starts off normally, as a 2v2. But you do not score immediately when you hit a super...

The normal start of the game we will call: Free Phase. It works like any other 2v2 Kill Limit game...

But whoever hits an initial super doesn't K.O a player normally, rather, he "benches" that KO'd player, meaning that player does not immediately respawn back. (A double kill doesn't apply here, if a double kill occurs, the game kills off the first player hit, sparing the teammate)

With an enemy benched, the situation now becomes 2v1, and this begins the Scoring Phase

Suppose in a 2v2 game, Jak (Red Team) supers Dan (Blue Team). Dan is temporarily eliminated (Benched), but Red team does not score yet. The game now becomes 2v1, where Toro is the sole survivor of the Blue Team.

This is where scoring occurs. Super meter is automatically reset (though the game flows like normal, no "round" restarts or anything like that, everything is dynamic). The team with 2 players (Jak and Ratchet on the Red Team) in this scoring phase is called the Attacking/Offensive Team, the Team with the benched player (Toro and Dan) are called the Retribution/Defensive Team

Core Objective (The Scoring Phase)

In a 2v1 situation, the lone fighter, in this situation Toro on Blue Team, must fight to "Recover" or "Revive" his teammate, Dan, who is Benched. He does this by trying to nail a super of his own.

Red team's objective is to Super Toro, and if this is done, they gain +1 Score. Toro gets benched, and Dan is tagged back in automatically (and the AP meters reset again). If Red Team continues to force these tags, they will continuously score (so if Dan is tagged back and gets Supered, Red team scores and Toro is tagged back until they reach the Kill Limit).

BUT! If Toro actually eliminates either of the Red team, suppose Jak, Jak now gets benched, and Dan becomes active (respawns, aka Redeemed/Revived), shifting the 2v1 momentum for the blue team. Blue team now become the agressors, while the Red team player left (Ratchet) now plays the role of the redeemer.

Blue Team does not score when they redeem the benched player, but manages to pick up the offensive (thereby giving them the role of Attackers, allowing an opportunity to land a follow-up Super to score). This goes back and forth until the limit is reached.

If the player that is on defense manages to hit both enemies with a super, the double-elimination counts as +2 for the Redeeming team, and the game resets back to a 2v2 (Free Phase), with the goal once again attempting to force a Scoring Phase. Only in the Scoring Phase is a double kill allowed (in the free phase, it only eliminates the first player hit).

Basically:

Starts with 2v2, Super 1 elimination on an enemy benches the KO'd enemy and his partner must then attempt to buy him back with his own super, while trying to fight off both enemies. To keep things from becoming a 2v1 pummeling, if the player with the benched teammate earns a double kill, he actually gains 2 points.

You can only score in the Scoring Phase, either as the Attacking team, or, if the one player is good enough, nailing a Double kill on both offensive members

Thoughts?
Name for the mode? Survivor? Quick Tag?

I think a mode like this could highlight a couple things:

1) 2v1 setup/combos. Delicious eye candy, wealth of potential mashups that could create a whole new layer of fun
2) 1v2 Clutch gameplay and scenarios where 1 player could totally dominate/exploit a team of two with smart playstyles
3) I think it could be great fun for local Multiplayer: the pressure put on the sole survivor, the benched teammate cheering on, the offensive teams getting cocky, the comebacks, etc.

sappyday

Whats up guys. A few days ago I mentioned of the tournament I entered in school. Well today was the day. I made it to the semi-final but lost at that point. The finalist went at it hard but one came victorious and won the money. I recorded the final battle if anyone is interested in watching it.

Nice job sappyday!

Hey, anyone here play psn ids BrutalKiller_805 and closet online? Me and teh_awesomeness played them online twice. They were talking about streaming the match to youtube, and in both matches we dominated and both ended in them disconnecting. Anyone know their youtube or stream links? haha

LOL guy at 51:00 on the steam was PISSED. OFF.

Rolls his eyes and doesn't even look at his opponents when he shakes hands.

Game is so fun to watch, love the commentary by Clock, he goes nuts from 1:08-1:12, those two games were so intense, the 2v2 plays are so damn amazing.

Im pretty sure this hasnt been mentioned but i found proof that DLC stage will have trophies(just one trophy though :p)

http://puu.sh/1Sm8O

Its in finnish because it didnt work when i tried to use english language. Strange...
I spot this when i was comparing trophies. I guess they forgot to remove it from finnish version lol.

I also think this confirms that stages will feature a franchise that has a playable character so that you can get that activate Level 3 super - trophy. All stages have it.

Top Bottom