• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Blog - Black Friday deals (PS+ for $29.99)

PBY

Banned
:/

thought from the title it was the price on the psn store.

bleeehhh, do I wanna venture out on BF?

Yeah they'll stack. If you already have an active sub though I wouldn't redeem the BF codes right away. I'd wait till SCEA launches their annual buy 12 months and get 3 free bonus months promo. The last time they ran that promo you could use retail cards to get the bonus months so if they do it again you could get 15 months for $30 if you save your BF PS+ codes.

When do they usually start this?

Guevara

When I saw this title, I was all excited that maybe I could sleep in and get the $30 PS+ directly from the PS store. Oh well.

Anyone know of any PS+ deals at the moment in UK?

Wish I'd stacked the subscription when the offers were on earlier in the year :(

MercuryLS

Banned
Need this in Canada. Are these US cards locked to US PSN?

Also can someone do me a solid and pick up 2 for me (pm me if you want to be awesome).

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Yeah they'll stack. If you already have an active sub though I wouldn't redeem the BF codes right away. I'd wait till SCEA launches their annual buy 12 months and get 3 free bonus months promo. The last time they ran that promo you could use retail cards to get the bonus months so if they do it again you could get 15 months for $30 if you save your BF PS+ codes.

Sweet.

rCIZZLE

My PS+ is up in about 2 months so this is great timing by Sony. $30 is basically nothing compared to how much I've gotten out of the service these past couple years.

Awesome, they allow 2 1 year subscription purchases. Exactly what I wanted to do. Is any place other than Gamestop doing it though?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
hmm... are these subscriptions region locked?
Yes they're locked to regions. A Euro code won't work on a NA account and vice versa. I'm not sure if they're also locked to a specific country (US code on a Canadian account), I've read conflicting reports on that.

poponon

Banned
Need this in Canada. Are these US cards locked to US PSN?

Also can someone do me a solid and pick up 2 for me (pm me if you want to be awesome).

Does anyone know if the US cards can be used in Canada?? Or if the amazon US codes will work on a Canadian console?

Anyone know of any PS+ deals at the moment in UK?

Wish I'd stacked the subscription when the offers were on earlier in the year :(

I'm in the same boat, but I think we might get some deals before the end of the year, I can feel it!1 Maybe Black Friday on Amazon.co.uk or Game.co.uk...if everything fails I'll use the Driveclub 50% voucher, hope it isn't region locked though ;(

Damaniel

Banned
Gonna try to snag at least two years of this when Amazon runs the deal. If I'm feeling adventurous, I may try to snag a couple more years from a local store (if they don't run out).

$30 for a year of PS+ is a steal (and running the deal at multiple stores so close to the PS4 launch is a good way to bump up those subscription numbers).

Will it be normal Amazon or that PSN store that they have? And it will be on Black Friday as well right?

As in this is the one that will be $29.99 on Amazon on Black Friday?

Link

For Canadians wondering about this deal being available to them, I can answer that for you. I'm an American working in Canada for the past four years on a work visa. My X360 console was American and I bought a Wii U in Canada (but registered as American).

I purchase digital USA codes all the time and they always work fine. It doesn't matter whether it was eShop or Live renewal, it works fine. I'm 99.9% sure that it will be the same with digital PlayStation codes.

So don't fret. Just order them off Amazon like I plan on doing in a week. Worst comes to worst, just change the region to USA for the code input and switch back once done. I highly doubt that would need to be done but just in case, there's that option.

Ovid

Picking up two PS+ cards.

Tony over at CAG already confirmed Amazon will be matching the PS+ deal with digital codes.

clnleYv.png

D16p3oc.png

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...anhuntmanhunt-2-hundreds-of-deals/?p=11161933
Oh yeah!

Top Bottom