• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wouldn't mind if the Neo looks like a PS4 dev kit honestly:

ps4devkit.jpg

FelipeMGM

I don't understand why Cerny has vanished ever since the PS4 was released. We need more of him.

He is supposedly developing a new game, a smaller project than Knack was according to him

From July 2014

In an interview with IGN at the Develop Conference going on this week, Mark Cerny revealed that he's turning back to game development to take a break from working on hardware and technology. In fact, he's starting to make a game right now with a much smaller focus than Knack. "One of the projects I'm trying to kick off is a so-called 'indie title'," he explained. "It won't really be an indie title because it'll be fully funded, but it'll be nice to have a project where the scope is small enough that I'll know the names of everybody on the team, which is really hard to do these days now that you've got 100, 200, 300 people internal plus everyone outside the company."

Venuspower

I wouldn't mind if the Neo looks like a PS4 dev kit honestly:

ps4devkit.jpg

Saw some pictures posted by Sean Murray and saw a Devkit of a PS4 in the background. And my thoughts were: "Maybe this is the PS4 Neo Devkit...". Maybe it is. Maybe it not. Who knows.

Link to the Tweet.
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/764060827833905153

€: Chances are pretty high, that this one is a Neo Devkit if you ask me (even if that is not the final one).

€: I think you got me wrong in your other post ^__^ With "Chances are pretty high..." I mean the Dev Kit in the tweet of Sean Murray. Looks like, that my dream can live on at the moment.

THE:MILKMAN

Saw some pictures posted by Sean Murray and saw a Devkit of a PS4 in the background. And my thoughts were: "Maybe this is the PS4 Neo Devkit...". Maybe it is. Maybe it not. Who knows.

Link to the Tweet.
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/764060827833905153

€: Chances are pretty high, that this one is a Neo Devkit if you ask me (even if that is not the final one).

Nope. That is a DUH-D1000AA. You can even see the partial model number to the left.

Also Link to source of pic: http://ps4tuto.com/video_devkit.php

Venuspower

Nope. That is a DUH-D1000AA. You can even see the partial model number to the left.

Also Link to source of pic: http://ps4tuto.com/video_devkit.php

You destroyed my dream.

Maybe Sony wants to troll us and puts DUH-D1000AA also on Neo Dev Kits and the real number on the back.

€: I think you got me wrong in your other post ^__^ With "Chances are pretty high..." I mean the Dev Kit in the tweet of Sean Murray. Looks like, that my dream can live on at the moment.

I don't understand why Cerny has vanished ever since the PS4 was released. We need more of him.

He said that he wanted to get back to making games so he'd be out of any PS4 marketing spotlight. People forget that the guy is a game developer first, not a console architect.

You destroyed my dream.

Maybe Sony wants to troll us and puts DUH-D1000AA also on Neo Dev Kits and the real number on the back.

Sorry. I can't see why Sony couldn't use the same casing for Neo? Maybe a dev here could say if Sony are using a different case for the Neo dev kit?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
NX Gamer uploaded a couple of new Neo videos

The path to NEO, Is this the ONE?

Top 10 NEO Games Ripe for Reveal

he seems really confident about the capabilities of the Neo. and he also still thinks it's releasing next year lol

he's being overly optimistic. They aren't going to delay till next year. His prime reasoning is that they have 3 hardware launches to worry about, when that's wrong. They have two, NEO and PSVR. Slim is barely a footnote, replacing the original console entirely.

Their strategy of a two SKU platform for PS4 only makes sense if they announce and release close to the same period of time. It will be especially crucial to get into people's homes and get that early boost before the holiday season.

If they didn't plan on releasing this year, they would not have announced it officially this year

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
he's being overly optimistic. They aren't going to delay till next year. His prime reasoning is that they have 3 hardware launches to worry about, when that's wrong. They have two, NEO and PSVR. Slim is barely a footnote, replacing the original console entirely.

Their strategy of a two SKU platform for PS4 only makes sense if they announce and release close to the same period of time. It will be especially crucial to get into people's homes and get that early boost before the holiday season.

If they didn't plan on releasing this year, they would not have announced it officially this year
PSVR shipments are also basically sold out for the rest of the year anyway. Sony's not going to be pushing it too hard.

Saberus

We'll if there is to be a public announcement, I always thought it would be tomorrow, as the show would be the following Wednesday.

Or Maybe Friday, before the Long weekend?

Or Maybe its all a ruse..

"There is no spoon"

Stealth edit :p

Interesting. So are Sony just making everyone wait because of all the leaks i.e. throwing their toys out the pram or has something gone down/changed?

Well considering they were handing out copyright strikes to pro-PlayStation channels on YouTube just for posting pictures of the leaked slim I would not be surprised.

Jonboy

We'll if there is to be a public announcement, I always thought it would be tomorrow, as the show would be the following Thursday.

Or Maybe Friday, before the Long weekend?

Or Maybe its all a ruse..

"There is no spoon"
The event is next Wednesday, the 7th.

Well considering they were handing out copyright strikes to pro-PlayStation channels on YouTube just for posting pictures of the leaked slim I would not be surprised.

I thought it was interesting when Patrick Klepek talked about our cool and liberal Sony are about leaks but it gets me thinking if the press had took one too many liberties with leaking the PS meeting date and then the leak of the slim pushed Sony over the edge?

Conspiracy talk is better than BC talk, right?

Averon

We still have a week to go, but I'm sort of impressed the retail Neo unit is still largely under wraps aside from some vague nuggets of info from a Foxconn worker. With the Neo now being in production, I would've thought it would have leaked by now. Yet the PS4 slim has been completely exposed.

It's really strange that they haven't publicly announced it. It makes me wonder if it's possible that they'll push it back. It'd probably be a bit easier for them to do given that they own the venue where it's taking place.
Wouldn't surprise me. Apple's going to be sucking all the tech media air that day anyway.

Saberus

We still have a week to go, but I'm sort of impressed the retail Neo unit is still largely under wraps aside from some vague nuggets of info from a Foxconn worker. With the Neo now being in production, I would've thought it would have leaked by now. Yet the PS4 slim has been completely exposed.

Well, the Slim will be out most likely in the next 7-14 days (In supply channels), and I would guess Neo not for another month or so. So it would be to early to have a leak like the Slim.

Venom Fox

Banned
The Neo will consume us all in a ball of 5TF atomic heat.
Houses will burn when 2.2Ghz quantum CPU'S aren't cooled properly.
Blue (probably white) LED'S will blind cats who dare to look directly into the Neo's eye.
Fingers will be mutilated when people can't snatch their hands away from the eject button properly.
Children will be electrocuted when the 400w PSU sends volts of Zues's fury surging through the control pad.

The Neo is a beast. The Neo is life. The Neo is the future.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's really strange that they haven't publicly announced it. It makes me wonder if it's possible that they'll push it back. It'd probably be a bit easier for them to do given that they own the venue where it's taking place.
Press has made travel plans for the event. It's way too late to cancel at this point.

Saberus

The Neo will consume us all in a ball of 5TF atomic heat.
Houses will burn when 2.2Ghz quantum CPU'S aren't cooled properly.
Blue (probably white) LED'S will blind cats who dare to look directly into the Neo's eye.
Fingers will be mutilated when people can't snatch their hands away from the eject button properly.
Children will be electrocuted when the 400w PSU sends volts of Zues's fury surging through the control pad.

The Neo is a beast. The Neo is life. The Neo is the future.

Lol... Perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom