• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

thats actually why releasing them at the same time (or at least close) makes more sense...Sony doesnt care which one you buy, they just want you to buy one of them, so they can get you in the ecosystem, buying games, and subbing to PS+

what they DONT want...is someone saying they will wait 6 months for Neo to launch...that person isnt buying games, or subbing to PS+

That's true....

Let's say I don't have a ps4. I watch this conference and they announce the slim available today. Then they say Neo available March 2017.

I'll just wait tbh. Save my money, spend a bit more, and get the better system.

But like you said, that's half a year of no ps plus money, no games, no dlc, etc etc.

finalflame

I get the feeling the meeting will be hardware only with announcements of titles that will be improved on Neo. Sony has PSX coming up in just a few months, why would they wanna cannibalize announcements by showing games at the Meeting?

THE:MILKMAN

This is not a good adjective IMO gonna make a thread about it.

Not sure what you mean by the last part of your post?

All I'm saying is that Sony PR is going to be under a lot of pressure with so many pieces of HW to sell and that could lead to problems. Hopefully I'm completely wrong about this.

Can't wait to hear Sony explain their HW plans on the 7th.

This is too good

df64d44e73ba5e8687f598d0dd61c5e3.png

Not sure what you mean by the last part of your post?

All I'm saying is that Sony PR is going to be under a lot of pressure with so many pieces of HW to sell and that could lead to problems. Hopefully I'm completely wrong about this.

Can't wait to hear Sony explain their HW plans on the 7th.

I believe you are. I'm not too sure about this psp2 thing, could be anything really, so I can't say too much. PSVR will sell itself. The pre-orders are already sold out. They won't over produce them. They didn't seem to position it to be a mass market product. The neo will be there for those interested in more power and media capabilities. The look of the slim shows that they are clearly differentiating it from what will likely be a premium looking neo. People that want a cheap ps4 will be happy. People thay want the new hotness will be happy. And we all will talk about the good times to be had while playing summer lessons

TalonJH

Sure but if you are Sony you also want everyone to adopt a shiny new premium gadget aka PSVR this Holiday while they are at it, no?

They just want you locked into their ecosystem, extra revenue from the limited amount they make off new hardware to get you in that ecosystem is a bonus.

I get the feeling the meeting will be hardware only with announcements of titles that will be improved on Neo. Sony has PSX coming up in just a few months, why would they wanna cannibalize announcements by showing games at the Meeting?
This mostly. Maybe one game announcement. The rest is games showing you "why you should buy a Neo".

Harp

I think there is zero chance Sony announced an updated system in press conference that is coming out after the holiday season. Unless their goal is to sale the same amount of systems in November as they would in March. There goal is to sell 20 million systems this fiscal year. And while that ends in March they need to see some spikes in sales start right about now.

Shin-Ra

The absurdidty of the rate at which leaks have come out, with even complete unboxing of Playstation 4 slim, they might as well quit having an event for information that's already known.

It's an exagerration bruh
The guy selling it could have unboxed it over a day ago.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The person selling them is doing so on a fairly anonymous selling/trading website. Without jumping to any conclusions here, we can at least say that they don't seem to want public attention.

Inviting Eurogamer into their living room isn't seeking attn?

Edit: actually, was that a buyer or the seller? If that was the buyer, not the seller, I apologize for my confusion.

TalonJH

Is anyone choosing BETWEEN VR and the Neo... at least this year? I'm leaning towards the Neo depending on specs/benefit etc.

If GamePro is correct and they release NEO in Sept as well, I will cancel my PSVR preorder. If it is in late Oct as we suspected, I will keep my PSVR preorder and pick up a NEO later.

Lady Gaia

that's weird! But then why is Japan "JP?" Would it not be "Ni" for Nihon/Nippon?

That's a great question, and not something I've thought about before. Perhaps it's because German is natively written using the Latin alphabet, so Deutschland has a natural shorthand? The Japanese name for their own country would naturally be written in Kanji as 日本, so if you're going to transliterate you might as well use the name familiar to more users of the Latin alphabet?

weekev

Banned
This may be a minor point, and forgive me if this has already been discussed(soz for not reading 44 pages of thread already) do you think there will be something good relating to ps+ given that there is a price increase and it's the first Tuesday of the month aka new IGC game released.

Boke1879

As far as new games I think everyone needs to temper their expectations honestly. I just don't see it. We'll most likely see some first party games taking advantage of the HW if anything.

Just a thought, but man. September really feels like the start of a new phase for Sony. Not just for HW but their network services as well. I mean today we got PSNow on PC. In Sept we get a slim and Neo announcement with the slim launching very shortly afterwards I'd assume.

October we have PSVR and then after that I'd assume Neo launches. Going to be a busy few months for them heading into the new year.

finalflame

As far as new games I think everyone needs to temper their expectations honestly. I just don't see it. We'll most likely see some first party games taking advantage of the HW if anything.

These are my thoughts as well. We might see some Spider-Man, and a few upcoming games and comparison between Neo and regular PS4, or something like that. I doubt we'll see any insane new game announcements, especially not third party stuff. Maybe some small studio experimental Sony or Indie stuff.

Carn82

That's a great question, and not something I've thought about before. Perhaps it's because German is natively written using the Latin alphabet, so Deutschland has a natural shorthand? The Japanese name for their own country would naturally be written in Kanji as 日本, so if you're going to transliterate you might as well use the name familiar to more users of the Latin alphabet?

Hmm. It's interesting though, same with Finland/Suomi, Hungary/Magyar.

Altough I've seen all kind of things, especially during football matches, like HOL-GER (Holland - Germany), Holland isn't a country..

because Zelnick said T2 & R* would be in a big way at E3 - but they weren't.
So either PS Meeting or PSX.
Nope they said They will be there in a big way. Meaning T2. and at e3 Mafia 3, a 2k game, had its own station thingy. they never said anything about R*

He only said that they as a company would be there in a big way. And they actually were

ck8lfbrvaaaush1udktf.jpg

ck8f-touuauenmui8up4.jpg

0lcj61.jpg

All he's said about Rockstar is that they'll announce stuff "soon". He's been saying that since May and most recently said it again earlier this month.

Boke1879

PSX would be more likely imo. I just don't see R* being here and annoucing RDR2.

I mean it would be awesome if that happened, but I can't see it.

injurai

Banned
They also had Civ6 there which I think is pretty big.

I bet we don't see Rockstar reveal anything until next year with a 2018/2019 release date. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

gus-gus

Banned
If GamePro is correct and they release NEO in Sept as well, I will cancel my PSVR preorder. If it is in late Oct as we suspected, I will keep my PSVR preorder and pick up a NEO later.

I doubt neo would launch in September, it's possible but doubtful. I could understand that with slim but neo I'm expecting sometime in October earliest. Either way I'm there day one.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I expect NEO will launch in 2016. There is more mounting evidence that it may launch in September even if it doesn't make that much sense to do it then for many reasons. We will find out soon during the meeting I suspect. In any of the cases, Sony has been busy busy and all this speculation on anything except PS4 Slim now that the cat is out of the bag is dizzying at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom