• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting keeps leaking: PS Now coming to PC

PC Gaf really done it this time. They waited patiently biding their time for an all out attack. 8th Gen shall be known as the rise of PC. PC is really endgame isn't it?

Durante right now:

tumblr_m7b33wpvei1r8izlw.gif

This is literally a move by Sony to make more money. How is this the rise of PC?

Sony made it clear they intended to extend PS Now to PCs back when they announced the service during the 2013 PlayStation Meeting where PS4 was also announced.

This would be great but I kind of wish it was a few quid cheaper. £9.99 would be a steal but at £12.99 with the catalogue as it is, I'm just not feeling it.

Played a few games on it and run well if your connection is solid. Could be the future, especially for single player or local multi-player experiences. As internet keeps improving, I think it's wise to invest in.

sviri

Has anyone used this service? What is the input lag like? Are there any other issues that detract from the original experience?

sajj316

Has anyone used this service? What is the input lag like? Are there any other issues that detract from the original experience?

Certainly wouldn't play an FPS or fighting game on it. They've done a nice job of getting the lag down to minimal or acceptable for certain types of games. Resolution is too low for me. 720p just isn't cutting it on a 1080p monitor. Looked really nice on my Vita but a lack of physical buttons made the experience poor.

Floody

Didn't they say PSNow is going to come to PC? They just never said when. Maybe I'm thinking of Shareplay or Remoteplay, but can swear I remember them saying it as well as to TVs.

Solrac

sony is playing a risky game, releasing to many stuff on pc can end it like Microsoft, no one would buy a xbox to play " exclusive " games.

I like this idea a lot. I haven't owned a Playstation console since the first one. This would allow me to play some of those games I can't get on Xbox or PC. I have to wonder if it will be compatible with my Xbox One controller though...

(by the way, first post here) :)

Was waiting for this, but can someone explain why Metal Gear Solid isn't on PS Now?
PS3 is the only place that can play all the Metal Gear games... They even made a huge collection with all the games (without MGS V of course).

That said, there's still enough value for a few months. Games like Motorstorm, Resistance, Ratched & Clanck , Infamous, Killzone and Sly collections alone are worth playing.
It's a pretty good list and for the people without a PS4, I see it as a must to play the Naughty Dog games.

If this works well, you could easily see why this is going to be important for gaming in the (far) future. They could easily make Uncharted 4 streamable at some point.

AmyS

So, IIRC The PS3 Daytona USA HD port is on PS Now (again, if I recall correctly), so that would mean PC gamers can play it also, if they don't wanna mess with emulation or have an Xbox 360.

I forget if multiplayer PS3 games can be played on PS Now, on PS4.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd like it if they just combined it with the Remote Play app as like a Playstation Suite or something. Just for convenience's sake.

And Universal Drivers for Dualshock controllers on PC so devs don't have to keep putting it in their games (and devs don't forget 95% of the time).

sony is playing a risky game, releasing to many stuff on pc can end it like Microsoft, no one would buy a xbox to play " exclusive " games.

It's not a port, it's just an expensive streaming service that's going to be available on everything. Being on PC is not that revolutionary. My Samsung smart TV has a PS Now app (but I live in Europe, so it's a no go for the moment).

One can only imagine the profits they make from every subscription. It's like Netflix, the added cost for one subscription is very low, so they need to get this on everything.

PSOreo

Men, didn't get it on the PS4, certainly won't get it now.

MGS4 would change that though.

The reason a lot of the MGS games never appeared on the service was due to the pressure sensitive buttons on the dualshock 3/2. Basically some of the main control functions won't work on the new dualshock 4 so I'm not sure how a keyboard will work.

Top Bottom