• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrooge

Banned
Another idea guys.....

How about we hold a contest on the 20th or the day after for the best Kaz gif/pic in this thread.

The grand prize...a PS4.

I'm sure many of us, including myself, would donate funds for the prize(s).

Maybe a first, second, and third prize.

First definitely a PS4.
Not sure what second and third should be.

--------

EDIT

How about these for 2nd and 3rd:

2nd - A recent PS3 bundle, maybe the Uncharted 3 or Assassins Creed III one.
3rd - A PS Vita bundle.

Honorable Mention - A custom made shirt with the winning gif/pic on the front and the announcement in blue font on the back.

MasLegio

Banned
Another idea guys.....

How about we hold a contest on the 20th or the day after for the best Kaz gif/pic in this thread.

The grand prize...a PS4.

First definitely a PS4.

Second prize, Xbox 720
Third prize, Wii U

tusken77

Okay, challenge for you.

I was changing my avatar anyway. Probably to something Hobbit or LOTR related. Lets see who can come up with a fuck awesome avatar. Gollum with a Kaz face on might blow my mind.

Kazified.

ln1tilh.png

Another idea guys.....

The grand prize...a PS4.

First definitely a PS4.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I'd certainly be up for donating some funds for more quality gifs. :p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Well, a contents seems nice but wouldn't it be more reasonable to have it start on the 16th with finalists being picked on the 19th and then the winners are announced once the PlayStation Meeting has concluded?

11 more days.
8 more working days.

UrbanRats

I think these things should remain spontaneous and driven by the will to entertain.
I certainly wouldn't want people outside (or inside) GAF to take all this as GAF sucking up SONY or other crap like this.
I wouldn't make this into something bigger than it is, a photoshop thread like countless others on Gaf (though bigger due to next gen's hype, i guess).

Only my 2 cents, though.

Scrooge

Banned
Rösti;47508529 said:
Well, a contents seems nice but wouldn't it be more reasonable to have it start on the 16th with finalists being picked on the 19th and then the winners are announced once the PlayStation Meeting has concluded?

8 more working days.

Yeah the specifics as far as voting can be hammered out later...just wanted to get the prizes and donations up so the ball can get rolling.

I think these things should remain spontaneous and driven by the will to entertain.
I certainly wouldn't want people outside (or inside) GAF to take all this as GAF sucking up SONY or other crap like this.
I wouldn't make this into something bigger than it is, a photoshop thread like countless others on Gaf (though bigger due to next gen's hype, i guess).

Only my 2 cents, though.

I agree, there shouldnt be an incentive beyond hype. No offense to the contest idea...

I just wanted to "reward" the efforts...
Then quote the ones you like, recognize them

Scrooge

Banned
Meant no offense by it.

I've held drawing and image contests on other forums with prizes out of my personal collection.

Just thought I'd throw it out there...

How about when PS4 is announced and it's powerful and doesn't have that bullshit rumored for the Nextbox (always online, no used games) WE ALL WIN.

Thanks Insane Metal, i was waiting for the Hitler one.

It's awesome, great choice of dialogue. I really liked. Hoping to see more vids also close to the 20th.

The Chef

The comments and reactions are enough to make the effort worth it. :)

Absolutely, the worst feeling is when you spend like 3 hours on a gif and you dont get the reaction you were expecting. Im like "Well damn, there goes 3 hours of my life".

So I've been using After Effects and then exporting as a MOV and then opening that up in Photoshop and exporting it as a gif. But Photoshop limits me to 500 frames. Are you keeping your movies under 500 or are you using a different program Sunhi?

Absolutely, the worst feeling is when you spend like 3 hours on a gif and you dont get the reaction you were expecting. Im like "Well damn, there goes 3 hours of my life".

So I've been using After Effects and then exporting as a MOV and then opening that up in Photoshop and exporting it as a gif. But Photoshop limits me to 500 frames. Are you keeping your movies under 500 or are you using a different program Sunhi?

I think most gifs if not all of them are worthy of a comment because they've all contributed to making this thread legendary.

I try to keep the frames as low as possible without reducing the framerate too much, for instance the batman gif was rendered at 8fps which resulted in 186 frames. I use frameskip in AE to determine what framerate to use, for instance the batman clip was 24fps but with frameskip 2 it ended up at 8fps.

The Chef

I think most gifs if not all of them are worthy of a comment because they've all contributed to making this thread legendary.

I try to keep the frames as low as possible without reducing the framerate too much, for instance the batman gif was rendered at 8fps which resulted in 186 frames. I use frameskip in AE to determine what framerate to use, for instance the batman clip was 24fps but with frameskip 2 it ended up at 8fps.

Oh nice! That Ballmer puking gif I did is set to 30 fps and after cutting some stuff I got it down to 500 frames. I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Maybe somebody will make a spoilerfree thread for the PS4 reveal that you can bookmark?

Actually, can someone possibly send out Youtube links of the whole conference? Those should be spoiler free, minus the potential headline/YT comments. I want to watch the whole thing unfold myself, but don't want spoilers by popping up here. What time exactly is the conference?

If anyone can make a gif out of this they automatically win the thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giJCL_jhnsE

Its up for grabs. A number of gifs can be made with this one actually.

It even has a playstation move controller in it!

Yup, it writes itself

DemonNite

I agree with the guys here, lets just keep it simple and have fun making gifs for the gaf

on that note...

"You won't like it when I'm angry"
ibhU0aUhZy3yH0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom