• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

Fuck, just realized that it's going to start RIGHT after I get out of school, meaning I'll miss half of it as I usually get home at 3:30 PST. Shit. Any good livetweeting places I can check on my Blackberry?

I mean I'll be happy if

1. Price is $399 (i doubt they'll announce this here, that seems like a late Summer type of announcement)
2. The system is revealed with at least three exciting exclusives (Even if it's just, say, Last Guardian for PS4 or some shit)
3. Some of the minutia of the system are overviewed (particularly want to see the specifics of the SHARE button)
4. The system will be out by December 1, 2013 in US and Japan.
5. The system will not have some outrageous forced gimmick.

I think my expectations are fairly grounded in this case.
From various sony rumor and company focus etc, I got the impression that ps4 will be all about integration with the mobile, content sharing, nfc, cloud, platform agnostic, and social media.

I also hope for improved remote play, able to stream psvita games to smarttv or normal hdtv connected to ps4,

rdrr gnr

Kazual Sex is pretty good but I still like the class of Go Fourth. That could be used in the future.
No, I know about the secret sauce phrase, but Arthur coined that? I really thought it was something made up by people that really know the system.
No. It arose from people claiming to know about some highly customized silicon for the new machine. It arose somewhat organically then was parodied.
Someone should set up a bingo thread for this.
That's what I was thinking. I'll join if others start. And by join I mean request someone to make one for me.

Anth0ny

I don't know if people should get hyped for Versus. I think that's setting oneself up for failure.

Put it this way: I'd be shocked if they even mention it.

Basically.

How many times over the last 7 years have we gone into E3s, TGSes and other press conferences expecting this fucking game... not getting my hopes up.

I'm betting their plans with Gaikai will be a major focus of the meeting.

I hoping for some awesome brand spankin new IPs. Like a big, beautiful, open world western RPG, and really any type of ambitious open world game, although I doubt that.

paskowitz

I do not really need them to disclose the price. We all know it is going to be less than the PS3 and more than the WiiU. In other words $400-$500.

What I would like to hear is:

-They are going to show games, there is really not much to worry about.

-Simply what on earth are they doing with Gakai? We really do not know. At this point, I think it would be crazy not to tell us.

-Show me how PSN is going to take on Live. Some type of partnership with Netflix (best Netflix app). A cohesive approach to webTV. All I really care about is that is makes sense and is not half baked (as is at present).

-I really expect them to beef up PS+. It is already great, lets see it get even better.

-Social integration that is not lame. I would really like them to focus on Youtube as oppose to Twitter and Facebook. I could easily see video recording and broadcasting shifting MLG to PS and with it a hell of a lot consumers. Twitter would be ok for something like "hey followers, I am playing X game, come join me." Twitter followers (actual followers) can then join your session (even if they are not your PSN friends). Obviously this can be turned on and off at request.

-Leverage Sony's other two focuses, mobile and imaging. Let me message accept a game invite on my phone and when I turn on my TV the PS4 is booted up and ready to go. Let me play smartphone and tablet games on my big TV through my PS4. Let me come back from taking some pictures and sync them with not only my PC but my PS4 as well.

-Finally, something to convert that "mass market" crowd. Something exclusive for either AC, BF, COD, Bungie, Respawn, GTA, etc. Bungie or Respawn would be my top two picks.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Either |OT| Go Fourth or |OT| Kazual Sex lol.

Also, what announcement could Sony make that would make you guys literally jump out of your seat screaming like a little girl with glee?

Another Parappa the Rapper would get me.

LEGGZZZZ

I can not wait for gaf to moan about their disappointment as many did in the destiny reveal. Keep your expectations in check people, some of these posts have a extremely slim chance of happening.

I can not wait for gaf to moan about their disappointment a many did in the destiny reveal. Keep your expectations in check people, some of these posts have a extremely slim chance of happening.
Oh don't worry, there is no way the reveal will live up to the hype. It never does

Kazual Sex also has my vote.
image.php

Wow, the hype levels reached dangerous levels today... There are going to be so many meltdowns.

My expectations are:

Hardware reveal but very little specs
Controller revealed with features uncovered
OS shown off
Features of online given
Maybe a live demo
Lots of montages
That's about it.

I can not wait for gaf to moan about their disappointment a many did in the destiny reveal. Keep your expectations in check people, some of these posts have a extremely slim chance of happening.

All Sony has to do is say "THIS IS THE PS4 *shows PS4 for a stingy 6 seconds and quickly conceals it* "and I'll be content.

Ainaurdur

Why would you want Kazual Sex when you could have a Lifetime Kazmitment?

Keeping my expectations low. Though all of the twitter tracking of who is arriving in NYC has been funny to watch. I won't be reading anything into any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom