• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilkhani

Neo Member
i see everyone saying they wouldn't show price or release date but wouldn't it be awesome they show hardware, reveal games and finish it with 399.99 and launching in september. look out for more games at e3! no dilly dallying and beating around the bush like the wii u and kinda late for microsoft to do any major changes to their hardware anyways.

Yeah, but Sony can still wait until E3 and reveal release date and price for September and still get away with it.
If they announce release date and price now, competition will have an advantage on them.
It is very much a marketing thing, timing means a lot.

I laugh all they do is announce a smaller version of the Vita

I don't see why people keep thinking that they won't reveal PS4.
It is too big of an event and too much focus (from Sony themselves) to just be a smaller version of the Vita.
Future of PS is not a reshaped Vita, it is a new platform.

Aspiring

Greg Miller said it would on the most recent Q&A on Google Plus.

i just watched a video of greg miller on youtube (link was posted in previous pages) and about tomorrow he said they will be streaming on Xbox Live. They will start one hour early (not the conference, just the presenters obviously)

Ok awesome thanks so much! I know its weird but its the best way to watch it on the big screen, rather than on the computer.

Now I am set, hype level is maximum bring it on!

i see everyone saying they wouldn't show price or release date but wouldn't it be awesome they show hardware, reveal games and finish it with 399.99 and launching in september. look out for more games at e3! no dilly dallying and beating around the bush like the wii u and kinda late for microsoft to do any major changes to their hardware anyways.

The problem is they're still a business. You don't put a bullet in the head of the PS3 when there's still big games to come out.

bamboobimbo

Neo Member
kazify[cute girls edition] these gifs please.I would but my photoshop skills aren't up there yet!

tumblr_mhtzx4NIih1r79nqko1_500.gif

empirerecords.gif

Hanmik

ehh kotakus source.. wasn't that this guy who claimed to be raided by police on twitter earlier today.? isn't he the one who gave them the console names.? or is he a source for something else.?

beast786

that's incorrect. Not what it says.

We need to stop misinformation asap.

"Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus."

As long as most of these features does not include MP.

ugh pay to pay online.. UGH

It didn't say that anywhere in the article, it said premium features are going to be reserved for paying subscribers, that's not much of a change from now with cloud storage and auto-download of updates reserved for PS+. I expect the new cloud features and social integration features will be reserved for PS+ but online play will remain free.

You can tell most of them are not gamers, take a look at this comment from one of them;

I mean, it didn't do as well as Sony had hoped in retrospect to PS2, but to call it a massive failure as a gaming console...yieesh, you have to be very distorted to get away with that.

Yeah. Most of them don't like sony anyway.

A gaming console is made to make money. In that regard, he's right. Sony literally lost more money on the PS3 than they made combined on PS1 and PS2. If he's talking about it from purely a gaming perspective, he's right and wrong. Wrong if he thinks its bad in terms of games available, right if he's talking about marketshare and mindshare lost. Problem is he didn't specify what he thinks what he thinks.

You're being extra. He said gaming console. Pretty obvious what he ment. He said nothing about money or market share.

Raven77

Online gaming at its core will be free still.

They will only charge for the extra shit. Something MS should be doing...

iMax

This part's interesting...

Kotaku said:
Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

Sony has filed trademarks for PlayStation World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom