• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
MORE HYPE!

Greg Miller‏@GameOverGreggy

#godofwar: Ascension preview: tonight/tomorrow at 12:01 am PT.#thelastofus preview: Sunday/Monday at 12:01 am PT. @IGN

NHncQ.gifI

A 30 year old like myself should be so excited for this, but i am. Hold me GAF, i'm going to explode!

Can't wait to the event. I'm cancelling everything on that day and will be rolling with 10-15 tabs of GAF all day.

mujun

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM just spoke to some of my sources...

- PS4 is backwards compatible with Nintendo Gamebox 64.
- Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid 5, Final Fantasy, Killzone 4, Crash Bandicoot, new Medieval, PS All Star Battle Royale 2, Gears of War, Halo, Super Mario, and more all available on launch.
- Avatar and Toy Story real time demoed to show the power of PlayStation.
- Miyamoto's new IP, the "halo killer".
- US$299

You would think that this was true going by the thread :)

jaaz

Hmmm... with the reveal happening on U.S. soil, I wonder if we'll see a teaser commercial at the Super Bowl.

Honey Bunny

Yes all fine and good, but the bigger question here is will Chad Warden return?

-PS Meeting 2013
-Lights dim as the show starts
-The letter A appears on screen
-Music begins playing
-We fly high
-The letter B appears on screen
-No lie
-You know this
-The letter P appears on screen
-BALLIN
-A single man walks out on to center stage as the music subsides
-"Sup bitches? I'm talking bout that PSQUAD"
-Launch titles include Sony All Star Battles with fan favorite characters such as Fiddy Cent and Fat Joe
-New IP announced: Devil May Run Up On a Nigga
-Price announced at 999 US dollars
-"999 dollars ain't shit to Chad Warden"
-Chad Daddy begins throwing hundreds at people in the crowd

daveo42

Banned
Umm ok?

Not sure how calling the PS3 a technological marvel makes you lose creditably.

It's not really that, it's more of showing the bias that Sony would put into a press release.

"Company X are innovators in the industry...Product X was a technological marvel when it launched..."

Companies love to gush about how awesome they are, which is reasonable since they want people to buy their products. Language like the one I quoted from the original article isn't something you should put into an actual news story unless you're quoting a source.

The only point I really wanted to make is that I think bits read like an press release, meaning that Sony is essentially confirming for us that the PS4 will be revealed. I didn't doubt this for a moment, but now we have another source to back up the initial claim.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So they're following nintendo's lead on showing off the console early and keeping e3 focused on the games. Smart

That's definitely a possibility, which will mean it will be one entertaining E3. Although I wonder what happened to letting Microsoft make the first move? haha

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Since this will be the PS4 reveal, I'm just hoping for a few things.

Backwards compatibility. IMHO, it's stupid not to have this when the PS3 library is several thousand games long. It's been discussed quite a bit, but it would be great to have an instant game collection with my PS3 library on my PS4.

Some USB ports in the back, one for my PS Eye camera and another for a Vita charge cable.

Bring back the DualShock, but with true analog triggers. Don't fix what's broken.

Keep the storage solutions the same and let me plop a big fat HDD into it.

That's all...

Replicant

People actually think Sony will announce PS4 on this event? Call me skeptical but I'm not sure if they are ready for that.

I hope that's the case but I'm not holding my breath.

Mikey Jr.

this is very late for Europe. Around 23:00 if I am not mistaken. Silly considering how important PAL market is for Sony

11pm is late?

What, have to be in bed by 9:00? Maybe you can hide your computer under your blanket. Trick your parents into thinking your asleep.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Backwards compatibility. IMHO, it's stupid not to have this when the PS3 library is several thousand games long. It's been discussed quite a bit, but it would be great to have an instant game collection with my PS3 library on my PS4.

I have this hope too. I at least hope that Sony, if it can't get BC to work with the PS4, will allow people who own games (disk or otherwise) to download a digital version of that game on the PS4 should that game be ported. It would really, really suck if PSN games couldn't work on the PS4.

"Desperate Sony is Awesome Sony!"

:D

It could certainly be a great move, that's for sure. E3 needs to be focused on the games for me to get hyped about next gen.

Drago

-PS Meeting 2013
-Lights dim as the show starts
-Music begins playing
-We fly high
-The letter B appears on screen
-No lie
-You know this
-The letter P appears on screen
-BALLIN
-A single man walks out on to center stage as the music subsides
-"Sup bitches? I'm talking bout that PSQUAD"
-Launch titles include Sony All Star Battles with fan favorite characters such as Fiddy Cent and Fat Joe
-New IP announced: Devil May Run Up On a Nigga
-Price announced at 999 US dollars
-"999 dollars ain't shit to Chad Warden"
-Chad Daddy begins throwing hundreds at people in the crowd
Well done :lol

Dante

Exciting, and at the same time kinda funny that all those jokes about The Last Guardian being a PS4 launch title might end up actually being true.

People actually think Sony will announce PS4 on this event? Call me skeptical but I'm not sure if they are ready for that.

It's more surprising that there are people who think otherwise. It's pretty obvious what the event is for.

jaaz

It's pretty much confirmed. It's been confirmed by the WSJ and a ton of other news sites are running with the story (google it). It's also on the front page of the Sony PS site. And Sony has revealed new consoles at every other Meeting it has held. Believe!

Globox_82

Banned
11pm is late?

What, have to be in bed by 9:00? Maybe you can hide your computer under your blanket. Trick your parents into thinking your asleep.

I start working 03:00 am, have to sleep bro. It's easy for you, you can skip the school and all that cool shit kids do.

Europeans go to bed late. Trust me I know, I am EuropeOG.

I will stay up even if it was 1 hour before my work. But it's stupid that's all.

Mikey Jr.

It is for the PS4.

Tweets everywhere saying it is. Plus they only do these meetings for big events. They did one for the PS3 reveal, and one for the Vita.

Dude, trust me, its for the PS4.

Replicant

It's pretty much confirmed. It's been confirmed by the WSJ and a ton of other news sites are running with the story (google it). It's also on the front page of the Sony PS site. And Sony has revealed new consoles at every other Meeting it has held. Believe!

Yeah, I just read that now. Still, I'm somewhat surprised. Well, onto the hype train then. Chooo chooo!!!

Corto

this is very late for Europe. Around 23:00 if I am not mistaken. Silly considering how important PAL market is for Sony

That's a great time for this! People won't be at work/school and it's late enough so that everyone one else in the house is asleep, so you can go...

fab06938.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom