• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djokovicculldzqji7.gif

HYPE!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sounds good. No fluff, no grandiose statements of synergistic entertainment nirvana. No mess no fuss just juice.

WTF, GAF don't stop! It's only 51 pages, we need more hype gifs!

:praises mobile GAF for being able to disable gifs so I can actually load the damn page:

Green Yoshi

Hopefully they show some real footage (Motorstorm, I'm talking to you) and announce a release date. October 2013 would be awesome.

I think that Microsoft will announce their console whether in February or March.

Ahah oh shit, i remember at the time thinking "these graphics will never be possible, this generation!" now it looks kind of shitty.
Then again i was kind of right, as far as consoles go, i guess.

No. If we get the same graphics in realtime on PS4 that would be still impressive. London is such a awesome and underappreciated setting in games.

Gadirok

Hopefully they show some real footage (Motorstorm, I'm talking to you) and announce a release date. October 2013 would be awesome.

I think that Microsoft will announce their console whether in February or March.

Augh, I'm still waiting for one of the motorstorm games to come to PS+ so I can finally try them out.

I been dying to play Apocalypse, but not in the mood to pay for a full release of it.

If I expect anybody to be there for the PS4 launch, its sucker punch. They have been awfully silent and I have been extremely curious to what they have been up to, especially since we have seen no update.

Please be infamous 3... I know the storys done, but I just want a game similar to infamous one more time...

I know if they can repeat the formula once more, they can nail it for sure. Infamous 2 was incredible.

Erasus

Sony should show that pre rendered CGI Killzone trailer from E3 2005 in all its glory at this reveal.

Then calmly announce at the end, it's now running in real time on PS4 @ 1080p using the same CGI assets.

Boom!!!

That would be enough for me...

What KZ3 does is in some ways more impressive imo. That trailer looks a bit janky now

Hasney

hmm if Sony brings it (and I know they will) I think I'll be there day 1 for this thing

Any reason why you know they'll bring it for day 1?

I don't think Sony have brought it to any launch, unfortunately. At least in terms of games. I'M HYPED ENOUGH TO BE READY TO BE PROVED WRONG, HOWEVER.

Gadirok

Also! I expect Gaikai there as well!

Their site is filled with so many mysteries and teases, its almost as bad as waiting 19 more days for this announcement. I want to know whats up for sure.

I knew PS4 was going to be announced sooner or later, but I'm more curious what gaikai has in store for playstation, as well as what sucker punch has stored.

Also, although unrealistic at this point, what isTeam ICO is doing? Like actually accomplishing. Atleast confirm its vaporware, but the last I heard was that SCE world wide studios was assisting with it since its so complicated, and a rumour that Santa Monica studios or the ICE team was involved, but they seem caught up with other things.

My mind will be blown if it gets revamped and announced for a PS4 launch. That and a game from sucker punch will confirm my purchase for the first year. Something I don't normally do.

Gadirok

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift was easily THE best arcade racer of this gen next to WipEout HD, you should buy it used for cheap or something.

I'll take your word for it, psygnosis owl :)

Wipeout was my favourite racer of the gen. But I'm too caught up in Wipeout HD. I bought Pulse when it launched on the PSP and loved it, but only got a PS3 really late in the game, so I'm still caught in between playing wipeout HD and 2048.

I love HD, if I knew it had revampled some of my favourite pulse tracks I would have bought it for the PS3 sooner. Can't say the same for 2048 but that cross dlc with HD on the go feels amazing.

Didn't the online for Pacific Rift end? Thats why I wanted to check out apocalpyse. That and those gifs on gaf.

bebop242

How convenient! Same day as my anniversary with the wife. "Sure babe, I'll take the day off to spend the day with you." lol

HYPE!!!!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift was easily THE best arcade racer of this gen next to WipEout HD, you should buy it used for cheap or something.

I think it was available free on PS+ a little while back...at least here in Europe.

With regard to PS4, though, it sounds like Evolution is moving on to new things.

SJRB

Gold Member
I am so fucking hyped right now, holy shit.

It's unfortunate that this is on a Wednesday since I live in Europe, gonna have to take the Thursday off because this thing will happen in the middle of the night over here.

Regardless: HYPE!

Please be infamous 3... I know the storys done, but I just want a game similar to infamous one more time...

I know if they can repeat the formula once more, they can nail it for sure. Infamous 2 was incredible.

F2P inFamous MMO for PS4. Believe.

Or gimme a Kessler-centric inFamous 3.

bebop242

I think it was available free on PS+ a little while back...at least here in Europe.

With regard to PS4, though, it sounds like Evolution is moving on to new things.

Yeah it was given out in Europe, not in the US. I've been holding out, hoping it will be added sometime to PS+.

Valnen

I think Kaz will be there, but perhaps only as an audience member or a quick 'hello' on stage before passing on to SCE people...

CVG has added a bit of commentary in this opinion piece, including what some of their sources have been saying, on Microsoft's side also.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ence-reveal-shows-sony-has-seized-the-moment/

While recent alleged leaks of PS4 specs had triggered the inevitable debate on whether it's going to outperform the next Xbox, a Sony insider told me that this isn't going to be the focus at the company.
Ugh no =(. I don't want the inferior third party console again.

jaosobno

Could someone that was here in 2005. say if this pre-announcement hype level is higher or lower than the one for PS3?

Because as far as I can see in less than 24 hours after announcing announcement Sony managed to push entire gaming world into psychotic hype overdrive (not just GAF).

That's a shame, then you'll have to settle for Apocalypse, which is a fine racer too, just skip all "story" cut scenes, they're atrocious!

Apparently these are removed from the digital version, I definitely never saw any but it explains why the presentation seemed a bit bare bones.

What KZ3 does is in some ways more impressive imo. That trailer looks a bit janky now

No, if you study the CGI from 2005 closely, you'll see stuff way beyond what the PS3 is capable of, from geometry levels to animation frames to textures to draw distances (especially draw distance)..still far beyond what KZ3 is doing.

Ugh no =(. I don't want the inferior third party console again.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive you know. They can still have the most capable machine and focus their marketing more on innovative features and experiences, rather than just banging the hardware drums.

So which was the rumour that claimed PS4 would be unveiled in "weeks not months"? I think we can add a tick of credibility to that rumour.

Eurogamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom