• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

July 2
  • Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star (Vita)
July 7
  • Pneuma: Breath of Life (PS4)
  • Rocket League (PS4)
July 14
  • Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • EA Sports Roy McIlroys PGA Tour (PS4)
  • God of War 3 Remastered (PS4)
  • Godzilla (PS4, PS3)
  • Squares (Vita)
July 21
  • F1 2015 (PS4)
July 28
  • BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma EXTEND (Vita)
  • Lost Dimension (PS3, Vita)
  • The Swindle (PS4, PS3, Vita)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Entwined (PS4, Vita)
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (Vita)
  • Mousecraft (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • rain (PS3)
  • Rocket League (PS4)
  • Styx Master of Shadows (PS4)

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

v1Y5jLQ.png

No GotM until demand increases again.

RK128

Wow, can't believe I'm number four on the wall of shame XD! Guess E3 and a few sales made me post more frequently :).

June was a great month for the Vita thanks to numerous localization announcements, some great releases and some awesome sales. Thanks to those sales, I am really enjoying Tales of Hearts R; great action RPG that really is fun to play.

Hope July is a great month for the Vita as well and that the Plus games are enjoyable.

maouvin

Taiko V month, finally!
Might grab Rocket League too, but I'd love if they manage to get a demo up.

Edit: oh, and Skullgirls PS4 is coming out on the 7th too.

JJP12

I thought Ar nosurge plus was next month and I completely forgot about Lost Dimension. Just when I thought I'd have nothing new/fun to play for most of the summer lol

RK128

It's the July thread!
B19uidP.gif

E3 was great to my PS4, but I need AX to be good to my Vita.

I think that will be coming soon, considering that by now, Sony is working with the developers on getting the game running on Vita (heard that the games engine was nativly compatible with the Vita, so they have to do some extra work to get the game running on it). Regardless, the Vita will be getting a Metroid, so I'm happy about that :).
Ironic that Sony systems are getting a real Metroid game before Nintendo systems do XD.

Edit: oh, and Skullgirls PS4 is coming out on the 7th too.
Even though I may play a bit on my PS4, I am gonna wait for the Vita release to dive into it. I pre-ordered it and totally forgot it was coming this soon.

I think that will be coming soon, considering that by now, Sony is working with the developers on getting the game running on Vita (heard that the games engine was nativly compatible with the Vita, so they have to do some extra work to get the game running on it). Regardless, the Vita will be getting a Metroid, so I'm happy about that :).
Ironic that Sony systems are getting a real Metroid game before Nintendo systems do XD.
Wait real Metroid on the Vita? At AX? I'm lost lol!

RK128

Even though I may play a bit on my PS4, I am gonna wait for the Vita release to dive into it. I pre-ordered it and totally forgot it was coming this soon.

Wait real Metroid on the Vita? At AX? I'm lost lol!

I thought you meant Axiom Verge X(. Sorry for the confusion names :(.

If you meant the Anime Expo, then I'm looking forward to that too; lots of great announcements hopefully coming for the Vita :D.

Chuy

Find it funny i've been following the psn threads since December and i'm still a junior.
Maybe i should post more....
It's the July thread!

B19uidP.gif

E3 was great to my PS4, but I need AX to be good to my Vita.
I feel ya. E3 just made me buy a ps4 (it's in layaway though) for all the incredible games that are coming but i'd really love some localizations for my vita in the meantime.

Also congrads Shizuka! Good to hear you passed!

I thought you meant Axiom Verge X(. Sorry for the confusion names :(.

If you meant the Anime Expo, then I'm looking forward to that too; lots of great announcements hopefully coming for the Vita :D.
You caught me off guard, I thought I had missed the announcement of the generation LOL. Yeah I meant AX, everyone knows how hopeful I am of a GE announcement and this is the place, after they do the screening of the Anime. Fingers crossed, it's now or never!

I feel ya. E3 just made me buy a ps4 (it's in layaway though) for all the incredible games that are coming but i'd really love some localizations for my vita in the meantime.
The thing about my PS4 is that I may not play it exclusively, but when I do it's for a good game. The Witcher is probably going to be my GOTY, that game was amazing.

Hikami

Ar nosurge plus and Lost Dimension have my interest this month.

Might just end up waiting on price drops for em though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No games for me this month so hopefully there will be something good for free.

got Persona 2 Innocent Sin from the Atlus sale, that should keep me busy for a while.
That game would be so fucking amazing if it weren't for the random battles, the plot is spectacular. However the encounter rate, specially on the second half of the game is ridiculous. Add on the fact that the dungeons have multiple floors and are complex, and you can just see how it goes. Also, demon negotiation is a pain in the butt.

Hikami

Game of the month is dead?
Yeah was surprised by the new thread since that was missing, usually an indicator that the end of the thread is coming
That game would be so fucking amazing if it weren't for the random battles, the plot is spectacular. However the encounter rate, specially on the second half of the game is ridiculous. Add on the fact that the dungeons have multiple floors and are complex, and you can just see how it goes. Also, demon negotiation is a pain in the butt.
you're making me not want to play it now lol

hmm, the complex dungeons sound frustrating.. would that be something you recommenced playing with a walkthrough or is it okay enough to figure out on your own?

autoduelist

so... i just made the mistake of 'buying' like 30 pieces of free dlc for Ragnarok Odyssey Ace.

Now I'm trying to install it all. Is there any way to tell what DLC you've installed for your vita? Because i was going through the list and trying to add everything, but then i hit some sort of cap, and then forgot where i was.... basically, what's the easiest way to add 30 pieces of dlc for a game to your vita?

I like dungeons and complex floors. you might be selling me on a persona game.

RK128

Can't believe how fast I'm playing through Tales of Hearts R XD; already put 11+ hours in and have my party at level 28-30. Never been this interested in a Vita game since Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable, Sword Art Online: Hallow Fragment and Tearaway; guess I am now a fan of the 'Tales of' I guess :).

And reportedly, this is one of the weaker games in the series, so the fact I am enjoying it that much must mean that other games in the series will really grab me :D! After I beat this one, I might get the 3DS one (Tales of Abyss I think) or one of the many PS3 titles.....

I guess the story really kicking by the five hour mark, the fun combat system and the characters being charming made me love the game :). Best buy of the Flash Sale. I also got VC2, Sonic Rivals, Bonk and Treasure Island, so I have a lot of other Vita games to play too.

Speaking of VC2, I did play a bit of that and I really like how they put the PS3 title on PSP; the visuals look great on the Vita and the controls feel very natural (like the fact that the camera is can be mapped to the right stick (either left/right or up/down). The combat system is cool too, as it is a blend of TPS and traditional stratage games. I know the PS3 game is better, but its nice to see why this series is so praised on Gaf myself :).

Hikami

And reportedly, this is one of the weaker games in the series, so the fact I am enjoying it that much must mean that other games in the series will really grab me :D! After I beat this one, I might get the 3DS one (Tales of Abyss I think) or one of the many PS3 titles.....
Glad you're enjoying it
As for the other games.. Abyss and Symphonia have a lot of outdated mechanics but, they're pretty good if you can deal with that.
The other PS3 games are great though, Xillia's my favorite so far.

RK128

Glad you're enjoying it
As for the other games.. Abyss and Symphonia have a lot of outdated mechanics but, they're pretty good if you can deal with that.
The other PS3 games are great though, Xillia's my favorite so far.

Guess I will check out the Xillia games after I clear a good deal of my backlog :). Thanks for the advice Hikami :D.

Kudo

Missed my package today.. Guess I'll get to play Natsuiro Highschool tomorrow then.

Anyone here know that does co-op in Diablo 3 on PS4 unlock trophies?

incpdo

New thread yeah!

So I'm upgrading my megaman games collection ( digital) im about to buy megaman 8, one of my favorite games of the series . does this version runs well on Vita ?

It's a real shame i have to import it to play it. If the game is good enough I'll do it but still

Eh it's a rhythm game, so I have no problem with it. There's not a lot that will be lost without english text and it isn't even much more expensive.

incpdo

Eh it's a rhythm game, so I have no problem with it. There's not a lot that will be lost without english text and it isn't even much more expensive.
My problem is neither the language nor the import factor. But the fact it will stay in customs forever here ( I'm in Argentina, importing stuff is limited to 25usd$ a year, after that they charge you 50% the value of the product plus 35% per international internet purchase.) So yeah. Not good.

My problem is neither the language nor the import factor. But the fact it will stay in customs forever here ( I'm in Argentina, importing stuff is limited to 25usd$ a year, after that they charge you 50% the value of the product plus 35% per international internet purchase.) So yeah. Not good.

Ah I'm sorry. :( That sucks
Single games usually just slip through customs here (Germany)

incpdo

Ah I'm sorry. :( That sucks
Single games usually just slip through customs here (Germany)
Yeah Europe is an entire different situation .I have manage to get some imported games like new little king story but new games are specially difficult to get ( asian games)

From the Vita games thread

It's not exactly Vita news, but it could be: Bamco newly created italian account has teased some big news forJapan Expo this weekend
h1etm26.jpg

The tweet essentially says:"At Japan Expo we're going to announce a long waited big news. Fans of the series are going to be happy"

What are your speculations? My bet is Digimon Story:Cyber Sleuth after the successful petion being noticed by Bamco

Let the speculation and hype begin

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oof, if I want to import the new taiko game and IA/VT it's going to run me around AUD$130.

Not cheap.

Greddleok

I'm really curious as to which amazing games were demoed at E3 that would make someone buy a PS4.
I thought it was pretty bland, or just a load of games we already knew were coming.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh no i'm on the wall of shame!

In eu we have to wait another month for lost dimension :(

For sure it's not a new ip, i guess that there are very high chances for the localization of Digimon cyber sleuth, after all it was also hinted IIRC.

When is the japan expo?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Best PlayStation Mobile countdown continues:

21 Bike Rider DX
22 Haunt the House: Terrortown
23 Oh, Deer! Alpha
24 OUT OF MIND
25 Jaggy Race!
26 ARCTIC ADVENTURES: BRAIN FREEZE
27 MUSYNC
28 Super Skull Smash GO!
29 MonokeSlashdown
30 Gun Commando

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/06/30/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-2-of-4/
Oh deer is everythig but hard to control, at each curve you press x and the car starts drifting, i have finished the game after few plays.

This weekend, 3rd to 5th, same as AX

My first ever wall of shame :(

Lost Dimension is August for Europe, so nothing for me this month.

I am importing Deception IV from Asia though, and I'm gonna try and nab an Ar no Surge LE from Videogameplus... not holding out much hope for that second one though.

bobohoro

Oh, just a heads-up, I nailed my final presentation, got an A! Now I just need to wait a month and I'll be able to graduate and become a proper lawyer.

Congrats Shizuka! :)

you're making me not want to play it now lol

hmm, the complex dungeons sound frustrating.. would that be something you recommenced playing with a walkthrough or is it okay enough to figure out on your own?

Try the beginning, if you get annoyed even a bit, consider a walkthrough. Not even for the complex dungeons (because, really, they aren't that bad) but because demon negotiation and getting fusion spells is a pain in the ass. The plot and characters are worth the bit of gameplay suffering though. Shame we never got the PSP-version of Eternal Punishment, since the improvements are little but very noticeable over the span of 30 hours in terms of comfortability.

Hikami

^yeah, I've played a bit and everything seems good so far. Think I can play this without a guide

Betting on Digimon or God Eater

I'll take either
both works too

Saphirax

^yeah, I've played a bit and everything seems good so far. Think I can play this without a guide

Betting on Digimon or God Eater

I'll take either
both works too

You'll get both and you're going to like it!
Is there anyone who wouldn't?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You'll get both and you're going to like it!
Is there anyone who wouldn't?

I'm not interested in god eater 2 :p
I really liked burst but i don't usually like sequels, too more of the same for me, and when i tried the demo i didn't feel it, maybe i was not in the right mood but in any case i don't see me buying it.

Top Bottom