• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

This week's droppings

Yay Geometry Wars for mah veetah!

Someone quote for new page.

TOTP: Buy Cats!
j1aU0Vp.jpg

RK128

Generally, the heavy reliance on the Batmobile doesn't bother me. However boss fights designed around it are another story. It's just there to test your patience and make you hate the game, rofl.

I would agree; I can't really picture Batman blowing crap up with a tank honestly :l. Still, sorry that element is annoying you X(.

AsfaeksBR

Does Rocket League has split-screen versus? Or either Local Split-screen at all?

It looks really good, would love to play against my brother.
And as we both spent at least 150hrs each on FIFA 15
don't judge us, we're brazilians
, it would be nice to play something else with him

Does Rocket League has split-screen versus? Or either Local Split-screen at all?

Yes, yes and online while local split-screening as well.

Shizuka

I judge you and sentence you to play five visual novels on the Vita to make up for that.

AsfaeksBR

Delusibeta said:
Yes, yes and online while local split-screening as well.

Great! Will definately download it when it's available!

I judge you and sentence you to play five visual novels on the Vita to make up for that.

Well, does Danganronpa counts? If it does: one down, 4 to go.
Then I'll play Danganronpa 2, making 3 left.
Steins;Gate looks interesting, 2 left.
I intend too play Corpse Party too, but I don't know if it qualifies as VN...
Zero Escape 2 and 3, also, since I'm still not sure I'll get to play 999.

Any other recommendations?

N° 2048

Generally, the heavy reliance on the Batmobile doesn't bother me. However boss fights designed around it are another story. It's just there to test your patience and make you hate the game, rofl.

Worst part of the game. The forced Cobra Tank missions (or any of the forced Tank missons) are so stupid.

Cobra Tank AI is dumb as a pickle too. I turn it to easy on those missions just to get them over with.

Shizuka

Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Steins;Gate, Sweet Fuse and XBlaze Code Embryo. If you like Sweet Fuse, you'll be able to play a lot more visual novels on the Vita, like Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi, Amnesia: Memories, Norn9: Var Commons and Code: Realize.

Don't play Virtue's Last Reward before playing 999. The first Corpse Party game isn't really a visual novel, but the PSP sequel is (Corpse Party: Book of Memories).

Prelude.

Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Steins;Gate, Sweet Fuse and XBlaze Code Embryo. If you like Sweet Fuse, you'll be able to play a lot more visual novels on the Vita, like Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi, Amnesia: Memories, Norn9: Var Commons and Code: Realize.

Don't play Virtue's Last Reward before playing 999. The first Corpse Party game isn't really a visual novel, but the PSP sequel is (Corpse Party: Book of Memories).

Well, the first Corpse Party is a VN as much as Danganronpa. They're hybrid. Even Book of Memories isn't a straight-up VN.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have just seen some highlights of the aksys panel and man the chronicle of teddy stole some sound effects by fire & ice, one of my favorite games ever, and even the music at the beginning was heavily similar to one of brian the lion, another amiga game that i really liked.

EDIT:
this is the game(hear the sound effects at the beginning)
https://youtu.be/5mIYly5j0_Y?t=1525

and here fire and ice(hear the sound effects)
https://youtu.be/zhlMZVPVhms?t=283

i just wanted to post fire and ice

Shizuka

Well, the first Corpse Party is a VN as much as Danganronpa. They're hybrid. Even Book of Memories isn't a straight-up VN.

Yeah, I wouldn't really consider Danganronpa a straight-up visual novel, same for Corpse Party, but Book of Memories is just like VLR, there is an interface for interacting with objects but that's it.

Saphirax

Worst part of the game. The forced Cobra Tank missions (or any of the forced Tank missons) are so stupid.

Cobra Tank AI is dumb as a pickle too. I turn it to easy on those missions just to get them over with.

Stealth + the Batmobile, what could go wrong?

Vylash

Great! Will definately download it when it's available!

Ace Attorney

JJP12

Reached the half-way mark of Tales of Hearts R and man did things get a bit dark :l.

Kor had the main villain in side him the whole time and after exploding at the killer of his Grandfather, he got 'taken' over, almost killing his entire party and taking Koaku into some space ship thing. Then the beings inside Kor's and Koaku's hearts come out and go back to there bodies......then things start getting somewhat normal again. After some plot events, there is a back story to the some of the cast; Kor had Creed (the villain) in side him ever since he was a kid and his grandfather went on a very similar quest that he and his friends are going on now.

Things are more light-hearted now but still; didn't expect the game to get that serous after it being mostly light-hearted tale. Makes things really interesting and I wonder what's going to happen next :D.

Damn shame about the lack of NISA games and God Eater.....but AX and the Japan Expo gave us a lot of good as well (Digimon CS, Zero Escape 3, Red Ash (if that gets funded), SAO:LS and SAO: Re: Hallow Fragment, ect) so I'm not that upset about that :).

To change the topic, what games are you guy's playing now? You all know I'm playing Tales of Hearts R for the past few days XD.

Glad to see you're still enjoying yourself! Many impressions of the game I read before playing hearts R talked about the story being pretty weak, but I actually really enjoyed it. And I especially enjoyed all the characters and their interactions. I even grew to like Beryl lol

After I finished the Witcher 3, I decided to finally play Trails in the Sky and man do I love this game. I find most of the characters super interesting and I especial enjoy Estelle and Joshua. The story has really been ramping up after the first few parts of the game and I'm already sad that I'm on the final chapter. Regardless of how it ends I'm now super excited for the new games xseed is bringing over.

bobohoro

Reached the half-way mark of Tales of Hearts R and man did things get a bit dark :l.

Kor had the main villain in side him the whole time and after exploding at the killer of his Grandfather, he got 'taken' over, almost killing his entire party and taking Koaku into some space ship thing. Then the beings inside Kor's and Koaku's hearts come out and go back to there bodies......then things start getting somewhat normal again. After some plot events, there is a back story to the some of the cast; Kor had Creed (the villain) in side him ever since he was a kid and his grandfather went on a very similar quest that he and his friends are going on now.

Things are more light-hearted now but still; didn't expect the game to get that serous after it being mostly light-hearted tale. Makes things really interesting and I wonder what's going to happen next :D.

I'm actualy at the same point in the game. Sadly, that portion of the story felt incredibly rushed and poorly executed overall. Like many Tales games, they somehow manage to get the setting up and running, have the characters develop, and then jump the shark. Hard. The whole reveal of the main antagonist and the flashback lacked the impact they should have had.

The poor animations and frequent quick skips between scenes certainly don't help the presentation of the story either.

Still, after being slightly bored with the game a couple hours back, I am enjoying it more again and will probably see it through to the end this week.

After I finished the Witcher 3, I decided to finally play Trails in the Sky and man do I love this game. I find most of the characters super interesting and I especial enjoy Estelle and Joshua. The story has really been ramping up after the first few parts of the game and I'm already sad that I'm on the final chapter. Regardless of how it ends I'm now super excited for the new games xseed is bringing over.

Enjoy the awesome finale!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
999 is twenty bucks. a used DS can be had for, well, let's say 40. You could probably get one that's falling apart for 20. So let's call it sixty, aka the price of a retail release console game. Except instead of a ten hour shooter with shitty online play you get one of the best experiences available today.

Don't play VLR before 999. You'll end up mad at yourself if you do. Some people are stubborn and refuse to admit that is the case, that they didn't ruin the experience at all.

Massa

999 is twenty bucks. a used DS can be had for, well, let's say 40. You could probably get one that's falling apart for 20. So let's call it sixty, aka the price of a retail release console game. Except instead of a ten hour shooter with shitty online play you get one of the best experiences available today.

Don't play VLR before 999. You'll end up mad at yourself if you do. Some people are stubborn and refuse to admit that is the case, that they didn't ruin the experience at all.

At that price point you're better off getting a 2DS ($60 for a refurbished from Nintendo), but yeah, that's the way to go.

Massa

I'm really, really not liking that game. Their slogan should have been "Be the Batmobile".

It's ridiculous, even when you're inside a building they still contrive ways to force you to use the damn thing.

autoduelist

Lost Dimension will be upon us soon enough. Here's the English trophy list:

http://www.exophase.com/game/lost-dimension-ps-vita-2/trophies/

I have this preordered but have barely made a dent in Operation Abyss (15 minutes a day doesn't cut it). Debating on cancelling the preorder... I assume LD already released in Japan? How are reviews of it?

Can't really afford to buy games at $40 I know I won't get to until i can buy them on sale for $20.. but at the same time, want to support localizations. Argh.

Hubb

I have this preordered but have barely made a dent in Operation Abyss (15 minutes a day doesn't cut it). Debating on cancelling the preorder... I assume LD already released in Japan? How are reviews of it?

Can't really afford to buy games at $40 I know I won't get to until i can buy them on sale for $20.. but at the same time, want to support localizations. Argh.

That is where I am currently (though I just beat Operation Abyss). This fall is going to be hell trying to pick and choose which games I am going to buy, and which I am going to sit on for a sale.

RK128

I'm actualy at the same point in the game. Sadly, that portion of the story felt incredibly rushed and poorly executed overall. Like many Tales games, they somehow manage to get the setting up and running, have the characters develop, and then jump the shark. Hard. The whole reveal of the main antagonist and the flashback lacked the impact they should have had.

The poor animations and frequent quick skips between scenes certainly don't help the presentation of the story either.

Still, after being slightly bored with the game a couple hours back, I am enjoying it more again and will probably see it through to the end this week.

I would agree; I felt that everything after the big 'event' was really funny XD.

Kor is just done with everything after being used and that race of beings continuously messes with him and his friends.....and he is expected to fix everything? The guy having his mini-conflict with Koaku was funny, as I wanted him to just burst out laughing; if I was him, I would just go back home.

The big event itself was....just a poor twist and its impact should have been stronger if those elements was hinted more throughout the game prior to that event.

Didn't mean I didn't enjoy the stories turn, as I still like the game's charming tone :).

The lackluster presentation is due to the game being remake of a DS game, meaning lack of budget to make more animated scenes that would have covered that 'big' event.

Regardless, looking forward to what happens next :).

Tizoc

I never understood the mentality of getting a system for the one game.
If you're getting an NDS or even 3DS to play an NDS game, you may as well go the extra mile and play a bunch of the NDS' underrated or hidden gems, like Cing's Adventure games, the Phoenix Wright games, etc.
The NDS at least has a fantastic library of games to play.

Flunkie

Banned
Can anyone summarize the anime conference thing? I know we're getting Zero Escape 3 and Digimon - anything else?

RK128

I never understood the mentality of getting a system for the one game.
If you're getting an NDS or even 3DS to play an NDS game, you may as well go the extra mile and play a bunch of the NDS' underrated or hidden gems, like Cing's Adventure games, the Phoenix Wright games, etc.
The NDS at least has a fantastic library of games to play.

The DS rocks man :). I used to own a lot of games for it but I remember a number of quality gems :).

-Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (not amazing but perfectly enjoyable)
-Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story (best game in the M&L series next to the original)
-Mario Kart DS (still stands tall as the best game in the series for me. Dat mission mode man XD)
-Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure
-Kirby's Canvas Curse (hands down best game on the platform)
-Star Fox Command (many hate this but I have a soft spot for the game :))
-Crono Trigger DS (never played this (own the PS1 version on my Vita) but it is the best version of the game :D)
-FF and Dragon Quest series
-Warioland Touch/Mario 64 DS Mini games (fun ways to play with the system's touch screen :))

I remember other great games but these ones just spring in my head when thinking of the system :D.

Can anyone summarize the anime conference thing? I know we're getting Zero Escape 3 and Digimon - anything else?

We got more information on the Sword Art Online games Bamco has coming this year (Re: Hallow Fragment is getting a lot of upgrades over the Vita version alongside that being 'free' for NA PSN users if they pre-order Lost Song PS4 and Lost Song looks promising), the Tales of Series is jumping to the PC with the Synthopna HD Remaster and the new game coming to PC as well, with the Synothopna HD Remaster being a 'free' game if you pre-order the new Tales game on PC).

We also got the announcement of a new IP from Concept; Re-Da....I mean, Red Dash (which is the Not Mega Man Legends). Very little information on the game is announced and its kickstarter launched (with no support for consoles/handhelds yet), so.....not the best news despite it sounding awesome :l.

NISA didn't really announce anything and we got news that Dragnrompa 3 is coming (though no release date or solid details on the game yet; only name-dropped).

Sadly no God Eater news but I expect we will learn more closer to when the anime launches or something.

Saphirax

Yeah, I'll have to pass on it too. Reviews were mediocre as far as I know.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, I'll have to pass on it too. Reviews were mediocre as far as I know.

Game aint worth getting. While the idea behind it was interesting, everything else falls flat.

That is where I am currently (though I just beat Operation Abyss). This fall is going to be hell trying to pick and choose which games I am going to buy, and which I am going to sit on for a sale.

LD is most def a sale game. When its very, VERY cheap.

Ventara

Yeah, I'll probably cancel my preorder of Lost Dimensions. Doesn't sound like something worth dropping $40 on. Maybe if it drops in price one day.

I wholeheartedly agree that you should play 999 before VLR. I mad the mistake myself of playing VLR before 999 (it was free on PS+ and I had no clue 999 existed at the time) and after I was done I though the game sucked. None of the story "twists" made sense to me and I didn't give a rats ass about any of the characters. I ended up thinking the game was boring and once I got one ending I never touched it again.

Luckily because the game ended up being so unmemorable I really don't even really remember what happens in VLR so before ZE3 comes out I'll play them in the proper order. Hopefully I didn't permanently ruin the games for myself.

quabba

I wholeheartedly agree that you should play 999 before VLR. I mad the mistake myself of playing VLR before 999 (it was free on PS+ and I had no clue 999 existed at the time) and after I was done I though the game sucked. None of the story "twists" made sense to me and I didn't give a rats ass about any of the characters. I ended up thinking the game was boring and once I got one ending I never touched it again.

Luckily because the game ended up being so unmemorable I really don't even really remember what happens in VLR so before ZE3 comes out I'll play them in the proper order. Hopefully I didn't permanently ruin the games for myself.

I can't imagine how that's possible, there's twists involving the characters but if you though the whole game was boringI don't think the 999 knowledge will help.

I definitely don't think vlr would be boring on its own.

That said, there's a really good ds emulator on android that works perfectly for touch games.

I can't imagine how that's possible, there's twists involving the characters but if you though the whole game was boringI don't think the 999 knowledge will help.

I definitely don't think vlr would be boring on its own.

That said, there's a really good ds emulator on android that works perfectly for touch games.
Boring might have been the wrong word to use, I just found the game unmemorable. But I guess maybe the games just aren't for me then. After finishing the game and seeing all the love for the series I felt bad that I found the game didn't "wow" me. I'm definitely going to give the series another shot before ZE3 and see if the game clicks.

Hey, question

I'm trying to figure out all games in my library that are PS+, and I've already tried looking at which games expire. Unfortunately I've found that some games that I know are PS+ don't have any indication that they are. Is there a better way to do this?

RK128

This being by Bamco, I really hope it'll be localized.

Most of there Vita games come over and it having a PS4 version is a clear giveaway that they want to have more PS4 games on the market; the western market eats up PS4 software, so localization of the game has a high chance of happening.

The only thing is that this appears to be a based on an anime or manga, so they might have to work something out with the IP holder to get the game in the west.

Outside of that, I have a feeling this will come over to the west too.

It looks good enough, but there's no free roam footage... that doesn't automatically exclude that it will be open world though.

No, it may well not be, I was just guessing. If it's more of a budget project, then maybe not.

Did everyone know this was a thing? Received my copy the other day.

Whatwhat? So what's the deal with this? One cart with both games or?

RK128

Did everyone know this was a thing? Received my copy the other day.

Never heard of this bundle before.....I guess that due to both games being small by retail Vita games sizes (900-1.3 GB), it would be smart to put both games on one retail cart and see how well they sell :).

Though it makes the Origins Levels in Legends redundant (as you can just play the Origins side of the deal) but regardless this is a great deal due to it being the first retail-run of the Vita game that has the Invasion Levels on-cart (as they were a patch for the original version 1-2 months after release).

Top Bottom