• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

RK128

I'm enjoying ToHR, only about 8 hours in, looking forward to the darker moments in the story mentioned above.

They are interesting plot points and is very fitting considering the two main stars (Kor and Kouaku) but they could of been presented or hinted better. Regardless, the story as a whole and the character interactions in Tales of Hearts R is very enjoyable despite whatever flaws they have :).

Sondar

Yep, saw that on amazon.de as well. Is it 2 carts? Both games on 1 cart? 1 cart and 1 download?

Whatwhat? So what's the deal with this? One cart with both games or?

Never heard of this bundle before.....I guess that due to both games being small by retail Vita games sizes (900-1.3 GB), it would be smart to put both games on one retail cart and see how well they sell :).

Though it makes the Origins Levels in Legends redundant (as you can just play the Origins side of the deal) but regardless this is a great deal due to it being the first retail-run of the Vita game that has the Invasion Levels on-cart (as they were a patch for the original version 1-2 months after release).

I knew it was advertised, but I think this is the first time I've seen an actual (meaning not rendered) picture of the case. You got details? :)

One cart, both games on it. :) A few copies appeared on eBay UK & it's available on Amazon.fr/de/es, but nothing on Amazon UK or any UK game sites apart from Coolshop which is where I got my copy from.

One cart, both games on it. :) A few copies appeared on eBay UK & it's available on Amazon.fr/de/es, but nothing on Amazon UK or any UK game sites apart from Coolshop which is where I got my copy from.

Is it fully in English? I notice amazon.co.uk have a few German copies.

TOTP: Buy Cats!
j1aU0Vp.jpg

I want this so bad, yet I should temper my expectations as it could end up being shit.

but dammit, it just looks so dang adorable

My 40 PlayStation Mobile games is all up now:

1 rymdkapsel
2 Super Crate Box
3 Behind You
4 Rebel
5 TOKYO JUNGLE Mobile
6 Hermit Crab in Space
7 Switch Galaxy
8 Boot Hill Heroes Part One
9 Cardboard Castle
10 Chaos Rings
11 Gunhouse
12 sixty second shooter Deluxe
13 Life of Pixle
14 Feed Me Oil
15 Passing Time
16 Roll in The Hole
17 Little Acorns
18 Console Saga
19 Curse of the Crescent Isle DX
20 Adventure Bar Labyrinth
21 Bike Rider DX
22 Haunt the House: Terrortown
23 Oh, Deer! Alpha
24 OUT OF MIND
25 Jaggy Race!
26 ARCTIC ADVENTURES: BRAIN FREEZE
27 MUSYNC
28 Super Skull Smash GO!
29 MonokeSlashdown
30 Gun Commando
31 Chimpact
32 Pop Bugs Zap
33 Run and Dodge Football
34 Trucks and Skulls
35 BLAST NINJA
36 Super Tank Poker
37 Tuffy the Corgi and the Tower of Bones
38 Buba
39 Bloodred Wyvern
40 Maison Kanraku

Images and descriptions here:
http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/07/02/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-4-of-4/
http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/07/01/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-3-of-4/
http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/06/30/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-2-of-4/
http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/06/29/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-1-of-4/

I'm sitting here looking at my releases list with nothing substantial go come until the Fall... Can we just fast forward to 2016? Even more so now that ZE3 is a summer release? Thanks.

I'm sitting here looking at my releases list with nothing substantial go come until the Fall... Can we just fast forward to 2016? Even more so now that ZE3 is a summer release? Thanks.

I'd be fine with skipping to September personally. That's when it gets crazy. But summer is a good time to work on the backlog :)

--

Soo a game called Myriad was just announced on the blog for PS4 and Vita

zXw98aO.jpg

I don't know how to describe it so just watch (and listen to) the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=61&v=2Sc-J7SY9Tw

I'd be fine with skipping to September personally. That's when it gets crazy. But summer is a good time to work on the backlog :)
True, I am still chipping at the KH series. Already on Chain of Memories (which if I may say, is confusing as heck to me gameplay wise, all I do is mash X).

The negative impressions on Lost Dimensions are starting to make me not want to get it anymore /: that would mean no new games until Danganronpa.

SerTapTap

I started Tokyo Abyss (as in JUST started...no combat yet lol), how much pain am I in for if I've barely played any DRPGs but am generally content with dealing with "old school" game design stuff as long as it's good?

Is anyone doing the Nekoburo OT?

I'd rather not, but I can grab some screens if you want, I (much too late) asked for and got a review copy so I'll at least be able to get some screenshots before it goes up.

ZeroAKA

I'd rather not, but I can grab some screens if you want, I (much too late) asked for and got a review copy so I'll at least be able to get some screenshots before it goes up.
If nobody calls it in the OT thread by tonight, I might claim it and make a quick OT before it's released tomorrow.

RK128

I'm personally more then content with waiting for things next year; my Vita backlog is gigantic man XD! Tons of RPGs to playthrough, a number of PS1 and PSP games I still have to play, PS+ giving new games out every month, big PSN sales that happen weekly....I have too much to play :').

Next year is going to be amazing for not just the Vita (Digimon man :D!) but for PS4 as well (considering I plan on getting one this fall; so much is coming to the thing), so next year is going to be a great year for gamers :).

Ventara

Ooh, awesome! Thanks for the list. I was just about to ask for what are some good PSM to look into before the service gets taken down.

As long as you have it downloaded. the game will never "expire" or become unavailable to play, right?

Ooh, awesome! Thanks for the list. I was just about to ask for what are some good PSM to look into before the service gets taken down.

As long as you have it downloaded. the game will never "expire" or become unavailable to play, right?

That is what they are saying. Not sure if you need to the "Activate" thing but it can't hurt.

For PS Vita users: You will need to complete the device activation process by performing the steps below between March 10, 2015, and September 10, 2015:
Go to [Settings] > [PSN℠] > [System Activation] > [PlayStation Mobile] > [Activate] > [OK].
For PlayStation®Certified device users: You will need to open up the PSM app and launch any purchased PSM content between April 10, 2015 and September 10, 2015*3 to complete the content authentication process.
Please ensure that you have downloaded all of the games that you want to keep. After September 10, 2015, you will not be able to re-download your purchased content.
Devices that are not authenticated prior to September 10, 2015 will be unable to access previously purchased PSM content after that date.

Also Blue Maxima's list is interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKmpFmYexU

I disagree with him on Shuttle Quest 2000 and Chiebura tho. I hated those games. Ambition of the Slimes doesn't seem to have a NA release but it is on Andriod/iOS.

Tizoc

Ulala~
Rating Summary: This is a third-person shooter in which players help two high-school students escape a city. As players move through the city, they can switch between each character and use a Hacking Gun and scissors to destroy robotic bears. A handful of cutscenes depict additional acts of violence: characters impaled by bolts; robotic bears stabbing and killing civilians; a character's legs slashed with knives. Blood is frequently depicted on and around corpses. The game contains some sexual material: camera angles highlighting characters' underwear; characters making sexual remarks (e.g., “I've heard women are the best just before they're ripe, but this is beyond my expectations” and “Ufufu, put that lewd body of yours to work and you'll never go hungry.”). In one sequence, players must slap away groping robotic hands from a bound female character. A protracted fantasy sequence depicts a character's hands grasping sheets; sexual moaning sounds can be heard. The words “f**k” and “sh*t” are heard in dialogue.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsi...ganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

We need a Monokuma wiping sweat reaction image already.

I'm still getting it; I get $15 off, so that helps.
I feel like I should wait for impressions before putting $50 down, new Canada gaming prices ftw eh.

I'm personally more then content with waiting for things next year; my Vita backlog is gigantic man XD! Tons of RPGs to playthrough, a number of PS1 and PSP games I still have to play, PS+ giving new games out every month, big PSN sales that happen weekly....I have too much to play :').

Next year is going to be amazing for not just the Vita (Digimon man :D!) but for PS4 as well (considering I plan on getting one this fall; so much is coming to the thing), so next year is going to be a great year for gamers :).
True, I am also doing other stuff other than gaming. In the summer I am much more active and only play every other day. In a way I am happy that there isn't anything substantial to buy, since that means I spend more time outdoors.

autoduelist

First off... the only jrpgs I've ever enjoyed for the story are Chrono Trigger, Skies of Arcadia, and DQ VIII. I enjoyed Rogue Galaxy before it became a drag.

Any ps1/psp games come to mind that I should give a try? I don't know what the above games 'had' that most others don't, but maybe someone else can see it.

The negative impressions on Lost Dimensions are starting to make me not want to get it anymore /: that would mean no new games until Danganronpa.

My only issue is that this -always- seems to happen right before anticipated vita games come out, and so far i've generally enjoyed many of the games that got trashed.

I mean, sure, the game might be terrible. But I honestly don't care if the story has some issues or something, while others might not care if the combat system is perfect... so it's hard to know if people disliking it dislike it for reasons I'd care about. I mean, Natural Doctrine got absolutely wrecked pre-release and it was second only to Binding of Isaac for my GOTY that year. On the other hand, Conception 2 didn't get trashed enough.

I still may cancel due to time constraints, but it pains me to see localizations fail since we want/need more. if we don't support these localizations, we're not going to get more. obviously I don't want to support terrible games, either... it's just hard to know if this is bad or just not what people wanted.

I started Tokyo Abyss (as in JUST started...no combat yet lol), how much pain am I in for if I've barely played any DRPGs but am generally content with dealing with "old school" game design stuff as long as it's good?

You'll be fine.
-Inventory management is a bit archaic, but manageable.
-Too many status screens have abbreviations, but there's a gamefaqs post somewhere that lists them all (for example, classes, status effects, and more tend to never be written out... just have one or a few letters representing them.).
-crafting isn't hard, but the interface makes it seem a bit more complex than it actually is. related to inventory management, it's far harder to 'compare' pieces of equipment than it should be.

If you earn enough experience to level, go to base and level (yes, you need to go back to base but that's easy, academics have a spell), and check you inventory/craftable items for usable upgrades you'll be fine imo. So far I'd say it's pretty easy, though I'm not far in. You do eventually need to be prepared to fight large hoards, so keeping up to date equipment is important (weak weapons = drawn out battles = running out of support spells).

Saphirax

First off... the only jrpgs I've ever enjoyed for the story are Chrono Trigger, Skies of Arcadia, and DQ VIII. I enjoyed Rogue Galaxy before it became a drag.

Any ps1/psp games come to mind that I should give a try? I don't know what the above games 'had' that most others don't, but maybe someone else can see it.

My only issue is that this -always- seems to happen right before anticipated vita games come out, and so far i've generally enjoyed all the games that got trashed.

And if we don't support these localizations, we're not going to get more.

I mean, sure, the game might be terrible. But I honestly don't care if the story has some issues or something, while others might not care if the combat system is perfect... so it's hard to know if people disliking it dislike it for reasons I'd care about. I mean, Natural Doctrine got absolutely wrecked pre-release and it was second only to Binding of Isaac for my GOTY that year.

You'll be fine.
-Too many status screens have abbreviations, but there's a gamefaqs post somewhere that lists them all (for example, classes, status effects, etc, tend to never be written out... just have one or a few letters representing them).
-crafting isn't hard, but the interface makes it seem a bit more complex than it actually is. related to inventory management, it's far harder to 'compare' pieces of equipment than it should be.

If you earn enough experience to level, go to base and level (yes, you need to go back to base but that's easy, academics have a spell), and check you inventory/craftable items for usable upgrades you'll be fine imo.

Suikoden 2! Good story, some amazing characters; should keep you hooked for hours!

Maybe Legend of Dragoon or Wild Arms?

pariah164

Any ps1/psp games come to mind that I should give a try?
Legend of Dragoon. It's my favorite PSOne RPG.

autoduelist

slight mistake in your article... you have the description for Adventure Bar Labyrinth as

"Adventure Bar Labyrinth – A good free to play action RPG. A bit generic but can be fun. Sometimes the free to play aspect can get ugly."

Two things --

1) it's a turn based beginner roguelike, not an action rpg.

2) i easily beat the game without a single bit of dlc. [there is one piece that could be helpful if you die a lot, I guess, but it never affected me]

slight mistake in your article... you have the description for Adventure Bar Labyrinth as

"Adventure Bar Labyrinth – A good free to play action RPG. A bit generic but can be fun. Sometimes the free to play aspect can get ugly."

Two things --

1) it's a turn based beginner roguelike, not an action rpg.

2) i easily beat the game without a single bit of dlc. [there is one piece that could be helpful if you die a lot, I guess, but it never affected me]

Hmm maybe I was confusing games. I did a video on it 4 months ago. I have a bad memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9T6aMhc54

SerTapTap

Who's getting Skullgirls on PS4? Mine's already preloaded. I'm not great but I'm better with Valentine/Cerebella than I've ever been with anyone in any fighting game so that's nice.

You'll be fine.
-Too many status screens have abbreviations, but there's a gamefaqs post somewhere that lists them all (for example, classes, status effects, and more tend to never be written out... just have one or a few letters representing them.).

If you earn enough experience to level, go to base and level (yes, you need to go back to base but that's easy, academics have a spell), and check you inventory/craftable items for usable upgrades you'll be fine imo. So far I'd say it's pretty easy, though I'm not far in. You do eventually need to be prepared to fight large hoards, so keeping up to date equipment is important (weak weapons = drawn out battles = running out of support spells).

I was expecting inventory management. It annoys me but I've played enough classic roguelike stuff to be used to it. Sorta.

Ugh I hate abbreviations, I wish more games would do relevant icons and then just jam a list of icon -> meaning somewhere in the help section.

How worried do I need to be about wasting levels/crafting items by investing in the wrong stuff?

If you could post some quick impressions when you played a bit of it that would be much appreciated!

I certainly will ,but that'll be after work. I got the code after I went to work today, kept forgetting to ask earlier.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
And she's wearing shorts, meaning you can't peek! Japan is evolving!

She always wore shorts.

Just saw some new pics from Ray Gigant and holy shit; I need this game in my life :D

003_thumb2.jpg

007_thumb2.jpg

008_thumb2.jpg

There's more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/06/ray-gigant-goes-rhythm-heaven-with-its-ultimate-attacks/

Those pics are not that new. Stuff has been out for a while now. :)

My only issue is that this -always- seems to happen right before anticipated vita games come out, and so far i've generally enjoyed many of the games that got trashed.

Game got trashed when it came out in Japan. Its not that great. And just because you enjoy playing bad games does not mean that trying to play the devils advocate really helps others who should not be wasting money on titles that are not up to par. Even more so considering when there will be a far more better selection of upcoming games. No offense, but you generally do not seem to pay much attention to whats going on with other titles, you even have said it yourself on various occasions which is why you only think that these sort of things happen near the release of a localized version. Obviously its going to happen during that due to people asking how was the JP version.

Its not something that people should be running out and preordering. The game itself most def is something that is more worth of being picked up on sale. As its not a title that Id be suggesting people to go pay their hard earned cash for at launch. Its something you go buy on the cheap when you literally have nothing else to play. It at least is not a total waste of money unlike Mind Zero, but at the same time with all the other titles out and coming out its not something that you need to have at launch either.

SerTapTap

well I mangled that post. Is GAF having issues? loading takes forever

via RPG Site
do we know anything about the game? Apparently you play as IF and she can crawl :p

We know nothing but more info is coming soon apparently. Pretty sure these are the first/only shots of the game so far. Seems like it must be actiony.

Hikami

So Colin (Kinda Funny Games) just announced on stream that they're going to have an interview with Kodaka Kazutaka (Danganronpa guy). Similar to their Bloodstained interview with Iga.
They're going to play Danganronpa AE and plan to talk about other stuff (like what's going on with Danganronpa 3 for example). Didn't say when it's happening though.

Don't plan on watching myself since I don't want anything from Another Episode spoiled but hopefully we get some Danganronpa 3 info out of it.

autoduelist

I was expecting inventory management. It annoys me but I've played enough classic roguelike stuff to be used to it. Sorta.

Ugh I hate abbreviations, I wish more games would do relevant icons and then just jam a list of icon -> meaning somewhere in the help section.

How worried do I need to be about wasting levels/crafting items by investing in the wrong stuff?

From reading the other thread, the only items you need to worry about are one with 'curry' in the title (used for quest or something) and 'gamble codes', which randomize a weapon to a equal level weapon (you want to save these to get a certain rare weapon later, or something)

Game got trashed when it came out in Japan. Its not that great. And just because you enjoy playing bad games does not mean that trying to play the devils advocate really helps others who should not be wasting money on titles that are not up to par.

I don't like playing devil's advocate and I certainly don't like playing bad games. News flash: not everyone agrees with you. You are not the arbiter of what games are good.

I love Natural Doctrine - I think it's combat system is perhaps the most tactical I've ever come across, requiring planning several turns ahead, maximizing use of its systems. There's no grinding levels, just solid planning and understanding abilities, placement, and terrain. In many ways, it's the best srpg i've ever played. Does it have the best graphics or story? Nope. Big deal, it's a srpg, i'm playing for the strategy and tactics, which it has in spades.

That doesn't mean I like bad games, or that you like bad games. It just means we have different tastes. If you could see past your own bias and stop being an ass to me whenever I mention I like ND, it would be appreciated.

You're helpful answering specific questions in various threads, and for that, I'm thankful, but acting like you know what is good/bad and everyone else is wrong is getting fucking old, especially when you insult me over it. Anyone that's read my reviews of ND knows exactly why I like it, and how complex it is, and if they buy it they certainly know what they're getting. That's not getting people to waste money, that's getting people to spend it wisely. Calling it bad, however, will make people who might love it, skip it, which is a complete and total shame.

In the case of Lost Dimension, it's hard to know why people find it mediocre. Is it the combat? Is it the story / twists / jury thing? Because I don't care about the second part. If the combat mechanics are solid, I'm happy.

So Colin (Kinda Funny Games) just announced on stream that they're going to have an interview with Kodaka Kazutaka (Danganronpa guy). Similar to their Bloodstained interview with Iga.
They're going to play Danganronpa AE and plan to talk about other stuff (like what's going on with Danganronpa 3 for example). Didn't say when it's happening though.

Don't plan on watching myself since I don't want anything from Another Episode spoiled but hopefully we get some Danganronpa 3 info out of it.
Props to these guys, them leaving IGN seems to have done them wonders. I wanna watch it but I'm scared of spoilers.

I'm confused, didn't Parakeetman do the import OT for ND and liked it? Dude was drawing fucking diagrams on cardboard and taking pictures of it to explain shit iirc

autoduelist

I'm confused, didn't Parakeetman do the import OT for ND and liked it? Dude was drawing fucking diagrams on cardboard and taking pictures of it to explain shit iirc

He did the OT. I'm not sure he liked it. He has, however, insulted me several times for liking it, including calling me a plant, which isn't even allowed on here.

All in all, his treatment of me over liking ND is pretty much the only thing I find distasteful about our community, because no one should be insulted for liking a game. If someone takes the time to say why they like a game, good for them. I don't like VNs, I don't insult people who do or tell them they're wrong for recommending them to others.

I've asked him to cease and desist before, and so I apologize if it sounds like I'm taking this personal. I'm not. I just think it's completely uncalled for -- people have different tastes. If someone tells someone else why they like, say, Danganronpa (a game I actively disliked) I'm not going to call them a plant and accuse them of trying to waste someone's money. Different tastes make this community what it is, insulting people does not.

Top Bottom