• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Scoops! USK rated "The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition" for PS4 on June 23rd already. Now, NISA usually rates games in Germany very early (Daganronpa AE was also rated early June), so this doesn't mean the release is right around the corner, but it's more or less a confirmation that it's coming. Not that it's surprising, but good to know :)

If anyone thinks it's thread worthy go ahead and make it!

vkWs8tb.png

http://www.usk.de/titelsuche/aktuell-geprueft/

Another day, another Vita game~

the NIS teaser from before turned out to be a remake of a mobile game Hero Must Die. It looks quite good; better than I expected it to.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/hero-must-die-ps-vita-remake-announced

I really like oreshika so the fact that this game is made by the same person is good news to me :)

However, this made me a little sceptical:

Famitsu managed to have a sit-down with Shoji Masuda, head of the project, and heard some of the thinking that went into the making of this game. Apparently a lot of thought was put into irregular plot points, hence the "begin at the ending" approach. As well, since they knew they were developing this for cell phones, the Pyramid dev team intentionally made the game both short and full of material. Since most of their intended audience will be playing this on the bus or subway, it was designed so that a single playthrough could be done on a regular Tokyo commute. However, the more times one plays through it, the more material becomes available, it would seem. Certain events might not trigger the first time around, but possibly on the second, third, or fifth time through.

I can't imagine this approach working on anything but a cell phone, but it's made for an interesting read. Yuusha Shisu (Hero Must Die!) is available on all three major cell phone networks, though the "Director's Cut" version is only for DoCoMo

SerTapTap

Only played enough Tokyo Abyss to get to the first save point due to Catsblock. How much do I need to fuss over creating characters? And is appearance not tied to stats/etc (or was that what the "beginner mode" was for?), I like to look good but have a variety of character roles.

Geometry Wars is only 75mb!

Wow, guess it's never leaving my Vita then. I have a special folder for <100mb and/or extremely replayable games for plane rides/etc

This was a good sale for the best device in the land

Christ, how many hundreds of hours of gameplay is that all together? You're gonna be busy for a while

And of course Amazon Canada still doesn't have it. Ugh.

You guys preorder earrrrlyyyyy. I only preorder limited editions ASAP, otherwise I wait to see if any an LE emerges or a store has a discount, first print bonus etc.

Can't believe Geometry Wars is only 75mb. That's absolute magic. Smaller than some PSM games I have (Tokyo Jungle Mobile; Sword of Rapier).

Crazy. Will sit alongside Hotline Miami and Super Stardust Delta in the category of "digital games I won't even consider removing from my memory card) at that file size.

Glad about Witch & Hundred Knight PS4, but saw it coming from a mile off.

I don't think NIS would release a full-price game that could be completed in one sitting.

Edit: Actually, looking at the Gematsu description again, looks like it is a game that you need to do multiple playthroughs for. Hope they've buffed the length a bit.

SerTapTap

I really like oreshika so the fact that this game is made by the same person is good news to me :)

Binding of Isaac can also be "beaten" in the time in takes to take a tokyo commute...really depends how much extra stuff opens up/how worthy multiple playthroughs are.

Geometry Wars is only 75mb!

Awesome. Ready for this and Rocket League. Might be the best PS+ for me ever.

I think the small size might be reflective of my only complaint about the best twin stick shooter ever. Not enough different music. Matters less on Vita as I usually have a ball game on in the background with my Vita on mute of my hotel room. This is only way to play Motorstorm RC as it probably has the worst soundtrack on Vita.

Wow. at about 300k score in Retro Evolved mode the framerate drops hard. Sad that this isn't the perfect port of Geometry Wars I wanted.

Tried looking for a specific thread but found none.

Got an issue with my ps4 as it says disconnects saying LAN CABLE NOT CONNECTED. Happens a few times and eventually is ok.

I've had this since launch but used wifi soon after so not had to bother.

I've researched the net and many forums talk about it but nobody seems to find a solution.

Anybody here had this same problem?
I would try replacing the LAN cable.

BTW - This is last months thread.
nowheretorun
(Today, 03:02 PM)
Multi-Quote This Message Quote | Edit
Originally Posted by FriedConsole

I would try replacing the LAN cable.

BTW - This is last months thread.
Thanks.

Done that and does nothing.

Anybody else?

Tried looking for a specific thread but found none.

Got an issue with my ps4 as it says disconnects saying LAN CABLE NOT CONNECTED. Happens a few times and eventually is ok.

-snip-

Anybody else?

Have you tried using a different LAN port to run the cable to the PS4?
Have you tried a different router/switch altogether?
Is your PS4 excessively hot when it happens? (If so, that might be the cause.)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073279.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

53ZpRbK.png

1hFaqwB.png
PS4 Batman: Arkham Knight "Earth 2 Dark Night" costume USA (PSN) -- MB-00591F9F89D79C74 - Taken by SillyNonsense. 2 entrants total.

t1436283117z1.png

Have you tried using a different LAN port to run the cable to the PS4?
Have you tried a different router/switch altogether?
Is your PS4 excessively hot when it happens? (If so, that might be the cause.)

Thanks.

Not tried a different router but my son has a ps4, connected the same and its never done it once on his. Used his LAN cable and the same port on the router too.

PS4 isn't hot as it does it more often than not when I first put it on.

There has been loads of people with this apparently. Some think its to do with a broken LAN port on the ps4 to changing cables, MTU settings and a myriad of other things. However, not one seems to sort it.

Tizoc

Huh...I swear the Rescue Rangers Intro had a faster pace when I'd hear it as a kid....

Wish Disney would let Capcom get another crack at a remaster ala DuckTales :/

RK128

Wow at that size for Geometry Wars; a game that small will never leave my 32GB card :D.

Just checked the US PSN store and the games aren't live yet :l. But its nice that the games are up everywhere else; love the Geometry Wars games (got the Wii one and it was a blast :D) so I can't wait to dive into the third one.

Shame about the crashing issue....guess I can just avoid that mode and play the other ones until that gets patched and fixed.

Skyzard

Banned
Oh wow, unusual release for eu, awesome, thanks.

Was hoping for a £10 but £14 is okay, they have a decent legacy.

Lucky android with their £4 but steam price is closer to vita, though the version probably isn't. Anyway, glad to have it on, downloading now.

Massa

Oh wow, unusual release for eu, awesome, thanks.

Was hoping for a £10 but £14 is okay, they have a decent legacy.

Lucky android with their £4 but steam price is closer to vita, though the version probably isn't. Anyway, glad to have it on, downloading now,

Not unusual, this is the new schedule for PS Plus releases in EU starting this month.

Skyzard

Banned
Not unusual, this is the new schedule for PS Plus releases in EU starting this month.

Hmm.

It's just that it's a new release, not just a ps+ game. It came out on a monday when we usually get stuff wednesday, sometimes a day or two afterwards for an odd game.

I take it we shouldn't expect new stuff on mondays though, still wednesday for the main store update? Might just lucky if a new title is coming to ps+ or something...

RK128

Sucks a bit that US PSN is down (the PS Vita PSN Store says maintenance :l). But I was able to see the PSP/Vita games on sale for the super hero sale....not bad honestly :).

Justice League: Heroes is 3 bucks and considering that is normally 20 bucks, if anyone wants it, they should get the game now :D. From what I remember about the PS2/Xbox versions, its a bit like the X-Men Legends/Diablo, but with DC heroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, ect). Should be worth the 3 bucks :).

Lego Batman 2 while not on pair with the console versions (first Lego open world game), it was fun enough :).

Lego Batman 3 supposedly was more in-line with the console versions, but don't take my word for it.

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is a full-on remake of the original MMX; intro anime cut-scene, full on secret anime prologue unlocked after beating the game once, re-done visuals, re-done soundtrack (which ROCKS :D!) and some tweaks in how you get armor upgrades. Outside of that, the core game is the same as the SNES classic :D. Well worth the sale price and its a fantastic game :).

Baman: Arkham Blackgate should be a fantastic game considering Metroid Prime devs. are behind it....but its just an okay game. The repeated use of the touch screen for scanning instead of a button alongside the awkward controls leads to a average handheld game that while looks/runs great on Vita, its gameplay is annoying enough to bother you.

Amazing Spider-Man is a port of the PS3 version and....it runs badly :l. 20FPS alongside it being well below native res. leads it to be a blurry mess, but it still is playable and having a open-world Spider-Man game on your Vita (without using a toy and base via Disney Infinity 2.0) is nice. It is a mixture of Spider-Man 2 and Batman Arkham City; solid ideas but poor execution leading to a game that tries to do a lot right but fumbles a bit here and there.

Not sure if Injustice Vita is on sale, but if it is, a solid deal. The game is a port of the PS3 version by Armpture Games (same team that made Arkham Blackgate, the Vita port of the MGS Collection, a canceled FPS set in the Mega Man X universe, and in the future, ports of Bloodstained on PS Vita/Wii U and the main developer on a new IP called Re-Coil). So, the port is closer to native res than MK9 and runs a bit better, but it goes from 60FPS to 30FPS during stage-transitions frequently preventing it in being used competitively. But if you are casual fighting game fan, a great game for the Vita.

Injustice $11.99/$9.99
Lego Batman 3 $11.99/$9.99
Batman: Blackgate $10.00/$8.00
Lego Batman 2 $8.00/$6.00
Mega Man Maverick X $4.00/$3.00
Amazing Spider-Man $19.60/$14.80
Justice League Heroes $4.00/$3.00
Young Thor $2.00/$1.50

I can sync my trophies and even play games online, but I can't access the store. Sometimes downtime is just weird.

Justice League Heroes is pretty fun for a clone of a clone (X-Men Legends, of course) especially for $3. I'd buy it if it was even on EU PSN at all.

SerTapTap

Are borderlands 2/Lego Movie Vita codes even worth trying to sell? I still have one of each I never bothered to sell that game with my Vita/PS TV

Mega Man Maverick X $4.00/$3.00

Good game, though you might already have it with PS+. The OVA it comes with (might be an unlock) is actually pretty cool, the music remixes are neat (even if I prefer the 16 bit chiptune feel of the originals) and Vile Mode is neat.

It doesn't replace the original but it's a nice supplemental. Also, it doesn't lag on Vita/PS TV, which it did on PSP.

RK128

Good game, though you might already have it with PS+. The OVA it comes with (might be an unlock) is actually pretty cool, the music remixes are neat (even if I prefer the 16 bit chiptune feel of the originals) and Vile Mode is neat.

It doesn't replace the original but it's a nice supplemental. Also, it doesn't lag on Vita/PS TV, which it did on PSP.

The bolded is very interesting....did the PSP version run at a lower frame-rate? If so, then I guess the PSP emulation on the PS Vita/PlayStation TV runs games at a higher frame rate (Ex: Daxter runs fantastic on Vita where I remember it having frame-drops on the PSP).

RK128

Are borderlands 2/Lego Movie Vita codes even worth trying to sell? I still have one of each I never bothered to sell that game with my Vita/PS TV

The Borderlands 2 code should be worth selling if you own the game already; heard that its a very impressive port considering the scale of the game (huge open world). I would ask if I could buy it but I already spent to much on prior sales XD.

I'm sure you will find someone interested in the game in the buy/sell threads here :).

Not sure about the Lego Movie code though; not many people are to interested in playing that I would imagine :l. If you own the game/not interested in selling it, maybe you could use ModBot to have a raffle on the game or something :).

Edit: PSN is back up on the Vita store for NA, so if you didn't get the plus games or want any of the Vita/PSP games on sale, you can get it now :D.

Looking forward to playing GW3; love dual-stick shooters so it should be a blast :).

SerTapTap

The bolded is very interesting....did the PSP version run at a lower frame-rate? If so, then I guess the PSP emulation on the PS Vita/PlayStation TV runs games at a higher frame rate (Ex: Daxter runs fantastic on Vita where I remember it having frame-drops on the PSP).

It's not the framerate, but slowdown--funny enough the original MMX slowed down in the same areas (the highway intro stage). It runs smooth on Vita, and CAN run smooth on PSP but sometimes you'll get intermittent slowdown.

Tizoc

Can someone make a thread about the new US PSN sale please?

Lots of neat Vita compatible games on sale this week.

Top Bottom