• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2016

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I also tried:

-dragon quest heroes 2: looks good and runs well with lots of enemies on screen, definitively looks like a very good game.

-poject diva x: the usual project diva, it looks and runs well, if you like project diva i guess you'll like this one too

-DOAX3: just a pair of minutes with this, lots of options i wasn't able to understand and in the end i was able only to do the plaforming minigame, not for me though.

winkyface

What's an aimbot?

And people say they want to say microtransactions gone :p I played Overwatch but the only reason I played was to get a lootbox, since you aren't really unlocking anything. Buying those just seemed like defeating the whole purpose of me playing the game.

I love me some Blizzard skins/card backs.

I also tried:

-dragon quest heroes 2: looks good and runs well with lots of enemies on screen, definitively looks like a very good game.

-poject diva x: the usual project diva, it looks and runs well, if you like project diva i guess you'll like this one too

-DOAX3: just a pair of minutes with this, lots of options i wasn't able to understand and in the end i was able only to do the plaforming minigame, not for me though.

Interesting. Im looking forward to DQHeroes 2.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Not sure where else to ask it, so I'll ask it here. I don't think it's possible, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Is there anyway to downgrade to previous game patches on games? Like say your PS4 updated your patch version of a game to 1.08 or something and you wanted to go back to 1.07. If you delete the patch entirely it merely goes back to 1.00.

Just wondering, I doubt it's possible.

SMK

Not sure where else to ask it, so I'll ask it here. I don't think it's possible, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Is there anyway to downgrade to previous game patches on games? Like say your PS4 updated your patch version of a game to 1.08 or something and you wanted to go back to 1.07. If you delete the patch entirely it merely goes back to 1.00.

Just wondering, I doubt it's possible.

No, unless it's a disc based game where you can delete the game and just play the game without downloading patches. Also, your saves might not work with a previous version.

Adahn

I've been intrigued by the idea of picking up Senran Kagura Bon Appetit for a while now - every time it goes cheap in a sale I figure it might be worth a punt. However, I don't think I've ever seen the DLC (Gessen X Hebijo) on sale - is that likely to ever get a discount do we think?

Dinjooh

Some times you start playing this game which is rather bad, but you get a lot of trophies so you just keep on trucking.

ue2Xfhs.png

Finally, it's over.

I've been intrigued by the idea of picking up Senran Kagura Bon Appetit for a while now - every time it goes cheap in a sale I figure it might be worth a punt. However, I don't think I've ever seen the DLC (Gessen X Hebijo) on sale - is that likely to ever get a discount do we think?
I've never seen it go on sale.
The game is mediocre though. Unless you really want to platinum the game, the DLC is not worth it.

Adahn

Thanks for the feedback both; my understanding was that the DLC was fairly meaty, so I may just continue to give it a skip until I can get the whole package for an impulse buy price! Justifies me jumping on Stein's Gate and Malicious Rebirth maybe instead...

autoduelist

So I put in 20$ into PSN to buy God Eater and bought Loot boxes in overwatch instead. Im part of the problem.

I thought Overwatch was a $60 game, not f2p? Or did Overwatch somehow find the magic spot where people buy 'loot boxes' on a regular basis for a full priced game?

[serious question, i have no idea]

I thought Overwatch was a $60 game, not f2p? Or did Overwatch somehow find the magic spot where people buy 'loot boxes' on a regular basis for a full priced game?

[serious question, i have no idea]
Loot boxes unlock certain additional cosmetic items like skins, animations, avatars, and custom in-game dialogue. You receive a loot box every time you level up, but can purchase additional boxes if you want.

Future maps and characters will be free to everyone that owns the game, so I think having optional loot boxes is a decent middle-ground for players to help support Blizzard.

So Gal Gun for Vita just popped up in EU PSN, available for purchase. Doesn't mention pre-order or anything

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/cid=EP4293-PCSB00956_00-GALGUNWAPP000000

hm

wut. did you geti it>

Mistake. I drew the line at the 125 loot boxes I already bought.

:eek:
probably gonna buy that lucio 3rd heroic intro

Loot boxes unlock certain additional cosmetic items like skins, animations, avatars, and custom in-game dialogue. You receive a loot box every time you level up, but can purchase additional boxes if you want.

Future maps and characters will be free to everyone that owns the game, so I think having optional loot boxes is a decent middle-ground for players to help support Blizzard.

yea

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Tried other games:

-Dragon quest builders looks like the kind of minecraft game i would play, there are people requesting things(baically quests) so it's not aimless, also it looks good enough.

-both those dark 2d puzzle games(sorry i don't remember their names) with a girl as main character(one with a fairy and the other with a monster) are interesting but a little slow, i don't really like that the one with the fairy is touchscreen and backpad only, but it isn't a deal breaker.

-wizardry is too complex for those who don't know japanese like me, it looks like standard drpg stuff with good artworks.

-i started the shiren 5 demo but i only made few tutorial dungeons

autoduelist

And people are buying hundreds of these? Yup, they found the sweet spot.

Don't get me wrong, I spent a couple bucks buying my TLOUR a mask and a helmet, though I'm happy i knew exactly what i was buying.

Anyone have any thoughts on PS4 vs Vita for the recent EDF games? That's if either of them are worth getting.

4 is probably objectively the best, but they're all worth playing. 2 is a fantastic handheld entry that's well worth playing (as is 2017 portable, imo)

Tried other games:

-Dragon quest builders looks like the kind of minecraft game i would play, there are people requesting things(baically quests) so it's not aimless, also it looks good enough.

-both those dark 2d puzzle games(sorry i don't remember their names) with a girl as main character(one with a fairy and the other with a monster) are interesting but a little slow, i don't really like that the one with the fairy is touchscreen and backpad only, but it isn't a deal breaker.

-wizardry is too complex for those who don't know japanese like me, it looks like standard drpg stuff with good artworks.

-i started the shiren 5 demo but i only made few tutorial dungeons

How does Shiren 5 run and look on an actual vita?

I think Blizzard doesn't need financial support. I think Activision and Blizzard are going to be OK.

Very few companies besides Blizzard can get away with a full price game with sparse content and skinnerbox gambling microtransactions without internet outrage. Good for them as it doesn't bother me. I just find the phenomenon interesting.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I forgot that i tried another game, now i don't remember the name, it's tied to an anime, third person view, there are different characters, some melee some with guns some with both, demo is mostly tutorial making you try some of the characters, in the end there's a real mission where a white-haired guy has to kill a bunch of giant white monsters, the fight was lame, just keep punching them, graphics are rather mediocre, jump's direction is hard to predict(maybe it's me?) but you can climb walls, fighting melee is a little hard against (human)fast characters, the camera is close and there's no lock on(or at least i pressed all the buttons but nothing).

How does Shiren 5 run and look on an actual vita?

It looks good and runs well, the only complaint for now is that the tutorial dungeon isn't really gorgeous, but the village and the sprites are good and detailed, i still have to finish the demo, maybe there's an actual dungeon.

autoduelist

I think Blizzard doesn't need financial support. I think Activision and Blizzard are going to be OK.

Very few companies besides Blizzard can get away with a full price game with sparse content and skinnerbox gambling microtransactions without internet outrage. Good for them as it doesn't bother me. I just find the phenomenon interesting.

It only bothers me insomuch that now other companies are going to push those boundaries in full priced games. I mean, clearly, companies are already pushing those boundaries (Overwatch, GTAV, etc) and trying to find those 'sweet spots'... but as someone who grew up unlocking tons of hidden content (skins, characters, etc) it's sad to see everything sliding towards 'pay'.

I guess there's a balance to be found; I like how in TLOU you unlock free skins through play, so can accept that they charge for some as well. Though then they go and charge for some weapons/skills, which I think is rather outrageous and hurts the game.

It's certainly a gold mine - I'm sure the actual artist makes almost nothing compared to what some of the skins pull in over time.

I mean, clearly, companies are already pushing those boundaries (Overwatch, GTAV, etc) and trying to find those 'sweet spots'... but as someone who grew up unlocking tons of hidden content (skins, characters, etc) it's sad to see everything sliding towards 'pay'.

It already technically is here with FIFA and Madden and the very phone game pay to win included card games. You can ignore those parts if you want but people are buying in like crazy.

I am fine with whatever people want to spend their money on but I just wish we had a running tally on people that criticize games like Battlefront/Destiny for lack of content, making fun of sports games for being a "roster update" but then buy Overwatch and pay for unlocks. You know there is a lot of hypocrisy out there but accountability isn't built into the Internet.

Of course they don't require any immediate financial support. Blizzard is getting tons of money from some big name games, some which rely more heavily on microtransactions than others. That being said, it's totally reasonable for the Overwatch team to implement some type of system that will continue to bring in money for a game and servers that will consistently updated and maintained for years to come.

I guess there's a balance to be found; I like how in TLOU you unlock free skins through play, so can accept that they charge for some as well. Though then they go and charge for some weapons/skills, which I think is rather outrageous and hurts the game.
Aside from not knowing what's in each loot box, I don't see how that's any different than what Overwatch does. You gain loot boxes through playing the game, which in turn unlocks either a new item or currency that can be spent to purchase an item. You can fill up your "unlockables" collection without having to dish out an extra money on top of the base game.

Massa

When I played the Overwatch beta I got a few of those boxes and didn't bother opening more than a couple, just seemed like a complete waste of time.

autoduelist

Aside from not knowing what's in each loot box, I don't see how that's any different than what Overwatch does. You gain loot boxes through playing the game, which in turn unlocks either a new item or currency that can be spent to purchase an item. You can fill up your "unlockables" collection without having to dish out an extra money on top of the base game.

Well, I mean, that's a huge difference. One is gambling, buying multiples hoping to get exactly what you want. The other is a fixed list of buyable items, once you spend a known amount of money on the mask ($1) it's bought and paid for. You're not spending a buck to get 'a' mask, you're spending $1 to get exactly the one you want.

Well, I mean, that's a huge difference. One is gambling, buying multiples hoping to get exactly what you want. The other is a fixed list of buyable items, once you spend a known amount of money on the mask ($1) it's bought and paid for. You're not spending a buck to get 'a' mask, you're spending $1 to get exactly the one you want.
Right, that's why I said aside from not knowing what's in the loot crates. Some people, myself included, actually prefer the excitement of a gamble over a fixed list. If nether are required to advance in the game, and neither require additional transactions on top of the base game, there really isn't any issue. To each their own, though! I've never played TLOU, but if you need to actually purchase game impacting weapons/skills, I'd say that's worse than rolling free dice for purely cosmetic items. I'm not saying making loot boxes purchasable isn't a way to make money, of course it is. It's just not necessary to get the full feel of the game, unlike the expansion packs, season passes, and DLC upgrades that some other games have.

I forgot that i tried another game, now i don't remember the name, it's tied to an anime, third person view, there are different characters, some melee some with guns some with both, demo is mostly tutorial making you try some of the characters, in the end there's a real mission where a white-haired guy has to kill a bunch of giant white monsters, the fight was lame, just keep punching them, graphics are rather mediocre, jump's direction is hard to predict(maybe it's me?) but you can climb walls, fighting melee is a little hard against (human)fast characters, the camera is close and there's no lock on(or at least i pressed all the buttons but nothing).

It looks good and runs well, the only complaint for now is that the tutorial dungeon isn't really gorgeous, but the village and the sprites are good and detailed, i still have to finish the demo, maybe there's an actual dungeon.

Thanks. Excited. Got the Shiren nendoroid bought when they announced this. Quite excited :D

Right, that's why I said aside from not knowing what's in the loot crates. Some people, myself included, actually prefer the excitement of a gamble over a fixed list. If nether are required to advance in the game, and neither require additional transactions on top of the base game, there really isn't any issue. To each their own, though! I've never played TLOU, but if you need to actually purchase game impacting weapons/skills, I'd say that's worse than rolling free dice for purely cosmetic items. I'm not saying making loot boxes purchasable isn't a way to make money, of course it is. It's just not necessary to get the full feel of the game, unlike the expansion packs, season passes, and DLC upgrades that some other games have.

same.

Also holy shit future tone :O my internet cap reset and i downloaded the prelude from asia PSN. DAMN IT I NEED ALL OF THIS.

Top Bottom