• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Only Gamers...Will You Buy a Xbox Series for Starfield?

As a PS only gamer will you buy a Series X/S for Starfield

• Nah

Votes: 438 83.6%
  • Yes, absolutely

Votes: 86 16.4%

• Total voters

Swift_Star

Banned
Horizon? Lol. No. Halo and Zelda sure. But it's funny you can only list games that first released decades ago. It shows you how rare it is that a single game will sell a console to a large amount of people
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It’s not the point to buy an Xbox , you can buy it for a windows pc and you still will be supporting MS Xbox game service. In a few years these games will be releasing on mobile devices and you will still be supporting MS Xbox game service on those as well.

Horizon? Lol. No. Halo and Zelda sure. But it's funny you can only list games that first released decades ago. It shows you how rare it is that a single game will sell a console to a large amount of people

horizon is a system seller. any game that sells as much as 20m copies is a system seller. you mention halo but horizon on its first entry sold more than any halo game ever has. thats an insane feat for a new ip and a game that is only single player.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
A long time ago i did buy a Gamecube special resident evil 4 edition (still own it) and loved it.

Now I play games on PS, Switch, PC and mobile. Also got an Occulus quest 2 last year. And a retro linux system with batocera and 70k games on it.

Honestly i don't have time for any more gaming system and never was interested in MS platform. Never owned a x-box. I don't have anything against but with 90% of same library of games between PS/X-box I'm not interested enough by it's first party games. Also Game Pass sound great but i don't have time anyway already.

So if Starfield is really really good i'll play it on my PC, sometimes.

Hezekiah

Banned
Not a Sony only gamer but I wouldn't for Starfield.

Bethesda RPG games always thrive on PC. If anybody want to play Bethesda RPGs, the best place is always PC.

If it was exclusive on the console then yes I would, though I already have one for a different reason.
When you consider the frame rate (I hope it's not 30 fps on console), and the modding community and their creativity, PC will be best placed.

Now I just need an RTX 4080 on release 🙏

penguininthesun

Neo Member
Perhaps. It looks gorgeous, but I don’t think they showed enough at this time to make it a definitive must buy for me. And I don’t think I will get a console for one game anyway. But I will say that Xbox has some games coming out in the future that have really piqued my interest. If Starfield, Hellblade, and the Indiana Jones games are all great, then definitely, I will consider getting an Xbox (although probably not the S).

0neAnd0nly

Not suprised at the results...... PS gamers miss out on a ton of games because of their loyalty

It’s not always loyalty. I would say 2 of my top 15 games of all time are Xbox titles.

I just tend to prefer PlayStation exclusives, PlayStation controllers, etc. I love Drake, Killzone, LBP. All of that is PlayStation console exclusives.

I don’t dislike XBOX for any particular reason outside of I am not a huge Microsoft fan, but I tend to prefer PS games historically.

Right. One game alone won't sell a console. Well except for botw. It's ALL the high quality games coming to xbox that will force a lot of people to buy an Xbox.
We can argue about "high quality" games but it's Gamepass that people will want, not necessarily an Xbox. And MS could care less..................as long as you sign up and play via PC, Xbox or streaming they are more than satisfied.

What are you even goin' on about?
Horizon Zero Dawn: ~20mil sold (One game)
Halo Series: ~90mil sold (17 games)
Zelda Series ~136mil sold (17 games)

Granted...none of these numbers are anything to sneeze at, but you trippin' about Horizon my dude.

Last edited:

0neAnd0nly

It amazes me the people who say things like 'it looked trash', 'looked last gen', 'I wouldn't touch it', 'I wasn't impressed' etc. Seriously? I know everything is subjective, but there's no way anyone could genuinely call what was shown as anything other than impressive (obvs we don't know how it'll play at this stage).
I've been gaming for over 40 years, and can say objectively that the Starfield footage looked really good - to say otherwise just doesn't make sense.

I would not say it looked bad, or like trash - but it didn’t impress me personally.

That isn’t to say it won’t be good, I hope it’s a great game. But just because somebody thought it looked unimpressive doesn’t mean they are trolling.

I hope I’m wrong by release, and I am open to being.

It amazes me the people who say things like 'it looked trash', 'looked last gen', 'I wouldn't touch it', 'I wasn't impressed' etc. Seriously? I know everything is subjective, but there's no way anyone could genuinely call what was shown as anything other than impressive (obvs we don't know how it'll play at this stage).
I've been gaming for over 40 years, and can say objectively that the Starfield footage looked really good - to say otherwise just doesn't make sense.
Saying it looks like trash might be a bit much but keep in mind everyone has an opinion. I don't think it looked like trash, but I don't think it looked all that great either.
A few in here may not be able to see pass their bias but in general people are allowed to not be impressed by a game. That being said, there is plenty more time to work on the game and I hope Bethesda pulls through and makes a gem.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Like I said, rarely does a single game sell a console. There are the rare exceptions like Breath of the Wild that actually do sell millions of consoles by itself, but usually its the entire catalog. Maybe Starfield alone won't sell millions of consoles on its own, but in addition to Forza Motorsports, Redfall, Indiana Jones, and all of the other high quality content releasing in the next 12 months, Starfield certainly has the potential to help move consoles.
Pretty sure Indiana Jones isn't coming in the next 12 months 😁. It's gonna be multiplatform.

I'll play Redfall and Starfield, but am keeping my expectations low on the former.

Belthazar

Not after the last showing, that was rough. But even if it ends up being good I'll just pay for a month of gamepass and play it on xCloud or on my PC

Belthazar

It amazes me the people who say things like 'it looked trash', 'looked last gen', 'I wouldn't touch it', 'I wasn't impressed' etc. Seriously? I know everything is subjective, but there's no way anyone could genuinely call what was shown as anyth dow GMing other than impressive (obvs we don't know how it'll play at this stage).

What exactly was impressive about the footapp ppge they showed? All I saw was a very ok looking game struggling to run at a consistent framerate. The rest was mishmash of gameplay available elsewhere.

I don't understand how anyone can look at the janky ass half baked gameplay footage that we got and come to that conclusion. I guess PC gamer must also be a bunch of playstation fanboys as well right? :
No, pc gamers always put the most into bethesda games. I dont see it as janky...the frame rate was off but technically thats the only downside i see. its about the immersive aspects that should build on past bgs games. i listed what makes me excited and if that doesnt then maybe you just dont like bgs games. we havent had a good immersive rpg in a while. last for me was dos 2.

Nydius

I'm not the target of this poll because I own all platforms but I wanted to add my 2 cents that I, personally, would never buy a whole platform for a single game. I'm not dropping $500+ on a plastic box just to play one game and never turn it on again, even if it's a game I'm really hyped for.

It amazes me the people who say things like 'it looked trash', 'looked last gen', 'I wouldn't touch it', 'I wasn't impressed' etc. Seriously?

Saying it is trash is pure hyperbole, I grant, but no, the game did not look good. Especially not for a game that's been in development this long and is going to release as a next-gen only title. From what they showed, muddy textures, frame drops, poor frame pacing, awful character and facial modeling... And then for Todd to state that they're targeting 4K/30? That's just embarrassing.

If this is the most impressive game you've seen in the last 40 years, I think you need to broaden your horizons. Watching the Starfield deep dive after having just completed Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on PS5 highlighted just how poor these character renders are.

Last edited:
it's free trolling I'm waiting a new game from another famous pub to see if all this is admitted

//DEVIL//

I don't have Xbox or PS5. Just a high end PC. Where it's the best place to play that game and I can already tell this game gonna be a turd.

No offense but even the video demo they played it was boring as fuck with horrible animation and 15 frames per second. I can click a power point presentation faster than that video.

But then again. I gave up on that studio long time ago. I was up during the whole conference even during the boring indies in it. But 2 mins in starfield I snoozed

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm sure it'll shine most bright on X and seeing i have a S and my priority is a PS5 I guess no.

Not really what you asked for but yeah

mrabott

Hell no!
I was excited about Starfield, until I saw the presentarion.
It's just another Bethesda game, and honestly, I'm tired of their games.
Aside from the graphics, it's just another skin from The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.

MScarpa

Nope, but after seeing Starfield I think No Man's Sky is the better choice going forward.
You may very well be right, but I would think you'd want to wait till the game was actually released until you made your assessment. Again, just a thought.

With that said, I'm not a big Fallout fan so we will see.

Crayon

I was going to plan on PC anyway, but after that gameplay showing....

I don't know what I expected. Maybe I'll still like it, but I felt really let down. I'll definitely try but I don't think I'm going to be there for day one. I'm sure the price will get pretty low before it's all patched up.

Last edited:

Hugare

Nah

Have a laptop that has better specs than the S, so I'll wait until 2023 or so, pay 1 month of Game Pass and play all the exclusives available

Nah

Own a pc with 3060ti, a ps5 ans a switch for current Gen. I can play any game I want. No Xbox needed.

Also have steam link if I really want to play on the TV for any pc games.

Last edited:

CosmicComet

I'm really thinking about. It looks good, very good.

So long as it doesn't lean too much into any current social messaging nonsense I'm onboard.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sony just need to stop being bitches and allow us to access a browser so we can play Game Pass on it. Without a native app I doubt even 200k would use it regularly. It’s be pretty sick to Stream Starfield on my PS5.

Top Bottom