• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Magicka 2 is a blast to play with my girl, I love couch Co op so I will never complain when we get games with that feature

This year has been pretty good with local co-op games on PS+. Tons of stuff to play on PS4.

I was really looking forward to Lara Croft though and then it didn't seem to work with local co-op, that was weird. Couldn't get another user to join.

So, what's up with Invizimals? I went to play it and apparently I need some sort of AR card to capture an Ivizimal. That seems like a weird game to give away.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You should have them. Didn't they bundle cards like that with the Vita?
First of all it's a PSP game so that really wouldn't make sense anyway. Secondly, who honestly kept that stuff? Like, no worthwhile games use them. I know I don't have them anymore. Plus plenty of people probably bought Vita's that didn't come with them. It is a weird choice if true. It's a weird choice anyway. Screams of last minute inclusion because a deal fell through.

Joni

First of all it's a PSP game so that really wouldn't make sense anyway.
The PSP version was delivered with AR cards too I believe. Or was that the PSP camera?

First of all it's a PSP game so that really wouldn't make sense anyway. Secondly, who honestly kept that stuff? Like, no worthwhile games use them. I know I don't have them anymore. Plus plenty of people probably bought Vita's that didn't come with them.
You can always print them if you were so inclined. http://cdn2-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2012/02/AR-Play-Cards.pdf And yeah, no good games use it, I do have a couple of games that use it, so I kept them. Even if they don't really work.

It's a weird choice anyway. Screams of last minute inclusion because a deal fell through.
Of course. And even there, it still feels shitty it is not the native Vita version.

Found one!

sRQdSCi.jpg

Gloggins

I'm playing Tactics Ogre LUCT on Vita, it's awesome and I'll be hooked on it for weeks, maybe months.

So should I bother with Dragon Fin Soup? Obviously it's an inferior game but I wonder if it's different enough to be worth a try.

RK128

First of all it's a PSP game so that really wouldn't make sense anyway. Secondly, who honestly kept that stuff? Like, no worthwhile games use them. I know I don't have them anymore. Plus plenty of people probably bought Vita's that didn't come with them. It is a weird choice if true. It's a weird choice anyway. Screams of last minute inclusion because a deal fell through.

Honestly might be the case; there were issues getting PS3/PS Vita games for the IGC (as why the announcement was pushed back 1-2 days), so while they got something for the PS3 (Beyond Good & Evil HD), they couldn't get the Vita game, so they pulled a random game from the PSP backlog and threw it with the rest of the IGC for this month.

I would have rather they give out something else (Jak & Daxter Lost Frontier, Locoloco series, Papapon series, Parapa the Rapper PSP, Midevil PSP, ect) but oh well :l.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok this knot "puzzle" is fucking infuriating. It has to be bugged. Itjust has to be. Even using a guide THE CORRECT OPTIONS DONT EVEN FUCKING COME UP! I literally used a guide to tell me what each possible knot is because the pictures are so stupidly vague, and I can assure you that the correct option to go with the picture didn't come up.

This is souring me on the entire game.

Aaaand done. The right options actually came up for once. But yeah that wqs definitely bugged. The right options were legit not showing up many times.

Ok this knot "puzzle" is fucking infuriating. It has to be bugged. Itjust has to be. Even using a guide THE CORRECT OPTIONS DONT EVEN FUCKING COME UP! I literally used a guide to tell me what each possible knot is because the pictures are so stupidly vague, and I can assure you that the correct option to go with the picture didn't come up.

This is souring me on the entire game.

Aaaand done. The right options actually came up for once. But yeah that wqs definitely bugged. The right options were legit not showing up many times.

Yes exactly. I was thinking the same yesterday. There has to be something wrong with it.
I will try it until the right answers show up. But there were serveral times where I'm 100% sure I had the right scheme but the game didn't even give me the right answers to choose. So frustrating.
But still one hell of a game. When act 2 startet. Wow, just wow. What a great story and characters. That tree is killing me, so good writing.

illusionary

Yes exactly. I was thinking the same yesterday. There has to be something wrong with it.
I will try it until the right answers show up. But there were serveral times where I'm 100% sure I had the right scheme but the game didn't even give me the right answers to choose. So frustrating.
But still one hell of a game. When act 2 startet. Wow, just wow. What a great story and characters. That tree is killing me, so good writing.

I think I'm just about to get up to this part... it sounds like a guide will be pretty much essential here, and probably some judicious use of manual saves to get the associated trophy. Otherwise, yep, I've very much enjoying the game, especially the writing - I'm loving the spoon's responses in particular!

Karu

Played two hours of Dragon Fin Soup.

I like it.

Probably (=> Certainly) will stopp for Fallout, but it will be on the back of my mind for later. I took me a freaking hour to realise it's turn-based, but whatever. Game made a lot more sense, then. =D

I think I'm just about to get up to this part... it sounds like a guide will be pretty much essential here, and probably some judicious use of manual saves to get the associated trophy. Otherwise, yep, I've very much enjoying the game, especially the writing - I'm loving the spoon's responses in particular!

The Knive is even better than the spoon.

Finished the game. Absolutely beautiful game. I really liked it.

illusionary

The Knive is even better than the spoon.

Finished the game. Absolutely beautiful game. I really liked it.

Hehe, they're both great, certainly.

I beat the game myself last night as well and it was a great experience overall. A fair few of the puzzles were a bit obscure for my liking, but I'll happily admit to having a guide to hand to help me through them. To be honest, my enjoyment of the story and writing was probably heightened by minimising frustration from the puzzles.

Got my platinum trophy too - the (guide-assisted) speedrun wasn't as bad as I feared that it might be.

Staal

Finally started playing one of last months PS+ games, Super Meat Boy. I had tried to play it previously, but didn't get the controls on X360.
So now i've started playing it on the Vita and damn, that game is awesome. It's great on the go, to do just a few levels. It can be bit frustrating at times, but it feels so good to complete the levels.

Donos

My pregnant gf wanted to play something because she is bored at home and i recommended Broken Age (PS4) (she almost never plays games on my consoles although i try to bring her to the dark side -_-).
Turns out that i forgot to add the games of that month ... (SMB too...). That is the first time ever since i'm PS+ member (3 years) that i missed them. Feels bad man.
I think i remember that i wanted to add them via browser but the Sony site wanted an ID check after login (they make that from time to time). Closed the browser and forgot about this. Not going to buy a game for 24 € when she is playing it for 10min in the end.

xrnzaaas

I'm hoping they'll give use inFamous Second Son in December or January to match last year's First Light. I played this game on a borrowed console and never got a platinum. :)

My serious guess is The Tomorrow Children. It was supposed to release this fall but went dark, even though the alpha ran well from what I remember hearing. It also seemz like a game that would benefit from a large player base on day 1, and could receive a lot of micro dlcs. Rocket league round 2 in a few ways.

Nyx

I'm hoping they'll give use inFamous Second Son in December or January to match last year's First Light. I played this game on a borrowed console and never got a platinum. :)

Let's hope not, probably the most boring AAA game in recent history.

I'd say Awesomenauts Assemble, the playerbase went downhill fast and it's hard to find games now, it has microtransactions for skins and new characters so it could be a boost in sales of that.

And it's one of the best MOBAs ever!

RK128

I hope we get a great month for December's Plus line up :).

My guesses are the following:
-PS4: Infamous Second Son, LBP3, or AC IV Black Flag, The Tomorrow Children
-PS3: Last of Us, Cross-Buy Indie game (PS3, PS4, Vita)
-PS Vita: Rocketbirds or another indie title, Surprise Retail Game (Tearaway, Hot Shots Golf, ect)

RK128

Already had Everybody's golf at least in the EU.
What about LBP Vita? I don't think that has been in.

LBP Vita has never been on plus yet, and the game was part of the 2012 wave of Sony games too (released around the same time PS All Stars and Sly 4 (EU) came out).

I am surprised they never gave it out, considering all the DLC they could sell.... I suppose that due to some kind of mandate that 'All Vita games on PS Plus must play with PS TV' or something prevents it from happening :l.

I will guess Bastion will be a PS+ game sooner or later.

They have been sitting on the Vita version for a while and I assume thats because its planned for a PS+ release. Just like how they sat on Spelunkey PS4 until its PS+ month came up.

RK128

I will guess Bastion will be a PS+ game sooner or later.

They have been sitting on the Vita version for a while and I assume thats because its planned for a PS+ release. Just like how they sat on Spelunkey PS4 until its PS+ month came up.

That makes a lot of sense; the Vita build is supposed to release before the year ends, so I guess they made a deal with Sony for it to land on Plus for next month. It could explain why we got Invisimals this month too; they wanted to release Bastion as the Vita Plus game but the Vita build wasn't ready yet, so they replaced that with an older PSP game instead.

Top Bottom