• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I updated the monthly thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664853

Don't forget what leaves before the update tomorrow.

uUl07y2.png

Is Urban Trial Freestyle working for everyone else? It's still £3.99 for me.

It's in my purchase history (downloaded it the day the new games went up), but if I go to the game page it's listed as full price. Huh, guess it must be a bug or something. Try raising the issue on the blog.

netguy503

We'll learn of the October offerings either Next week or on the 26th.

EU NEVER waits that long (speaking about the 26th). And shouldn't SONY be talking about solid release dates and plans for Plus as their system is just two months away (and im not talking about the vague "you'll get driveclub sometime close to launch and a new indie game every month" I think the public needs to see solid release dates before the make the plunge- kinda like the signs hyping plus at best buy around E3).

EU NEVER waits that long (speaking about the 26th). And shouldn't SONY be talking about solid release dates and plans for Plus as their system is just two months away (and im not talking about the vague "you'll get driveclub sometime close to launch and a new indie game every month" I think the public needs to see solid release dates before the make the plunge- kinda like the signs hyping plus at best buy around E3).

Uh, didn't they already say Driveclub and Resogun were day one plus on PS4? Sounded pretty explicit at GC. There's at least 4-5 other DL titles announced for it in following months as well. I'd assume we'll get updates on that same as we do currently on PS3/Vita plus updates.

netguy503

Uh, didn't they already say Driveclub and Resogun were day one plus on PS4? Sounded pretty explicit at GC. There's at least 4-5 other DL titles announced for it in following months as well. I'd assume we'll get updates on that same as we do currently on PS3/Vita plus updates.

Ok so day one plus. What about the other three week out of the month? And the months after that? I'm just saying that at least by October they should have a sign like they had at Best Buy E3 week highlighting better concrete dates on what you are getting with plus for the general public to get on board before launch- especially now that you have to pay for online. Show the general public, who is not like you or I and may not seen a GC stream, the value of Plus.

BadWolf

Finished Umbrella Chronicles, pretty crappy. Regret playing it tbh.

Dark Side Chronicles is superior in pretty much every way.

Ok so day one plus. What about the other three week out of the month? And the months after that? I'm just saying that at least by October they should have a sign like they had at Best Buy E3 week highlighting better concrete dates on what you are getting with plus for the general public to get on board before launch- especially now that you have to pay for online. Show the general public, who is not like you or I and may not seen a GC stream, the value of Plus.

From what i understand, Plus only gives you 2 games a month per platform anyways. So you'll only be getting those 2 games for the first month for the PS4. After that, its anyone's guess, though I think Don't starve and some other indie games were announced as possible contenders.

netguy503

From what i understand, Plus only gives you 2 games a month per platform anyways. So you'll only be getting those 2 games for the first month for the PS4. After that, its anyone's guess, though I think Don't starve and some other indie games were announced as possible contenders.

see even you don't fully understand and your on a internet gaming news forum. They need to do something next month to hype up plus to the general public at least by next month especially if it is required for online gaming.

Hey, the buy 1 year get 3 months free thing is still on?

I've just bought it, and the banner image still says it, but it doesn't mention it in the description!

wiggleb0t

Banned
Hey, the buy 1 year get 3 months free thing is still on?

I've just bought it, and the banner image still says it, but it doesn't mention it in the description!

On PSVita >Bottom right button>Subscriptions> See if it applied 15 months.
Same in Australia store it states 1 year + 3 extra months however outside that banner it mentions it nowhere else. :-s

Curufinwe

It would be nice if they occasionally handed out a PS2 classic for free every once in awhile.

Definitely. Although, it'd probably be God Hand which I already own.

Finished Umbrella Chronicles, pretty crappy. Regret playing it tbh.

Dark Side Chronicles is superior in pretty much every way.

I prefer Umbrella on the Wii and the PS3 because the camera doesn't shake all the time for no good reason.

KeRaSh

Finally caved in and got PS+ with the free 3 month promotion.
Unfortunately I forgot that I should have entered my free 30 day cupon before buying PS+ because now I can't apply it anymore... Well, it's my own fault I guess. :)

Celegus

Didn't care for the RE games with a Dual Shock, so those are gone. I fired up Xcom instead (already played and beat on PC), and although it runs pretty choppy, such a great game. This time my theme was this picture:

hE39BE9F1

RIP Corporal Tiny Blinkers. Seargent Flippy "Lights Out" Wiggler has avenged you.

SaSliXCII

Banned
I recently took advantage of the whole buy one year get three months free deal, on my games when i click on more info it has that they expire in 80 something days, am i right in assuming that it'll automatically renew itself?

Also, just completed Mafia II, which what us Europeans got for this month, and it was awesome, well the story was anyway, the city, pretty damn lifeless. Robbing gun stores was fun though.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I recently took advantage of the whole buy one year get three months free deal, on my games when i click on more info it has that they expire in 80 something days, am i right in assuming that it'll automatically renew itself?
It will renew itself in the sense that when you start it, it will complain and offer to send you to buy it (IIRC) and you can then select download (since you technically own it) and stop the download after the first part (where it downloads a renewed license) but before the full game itself (since you already have that part).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It will renew itself in the sense that when you start it, it will complain and offer to send you to buy it (IIRC) and you can then select download (since you technically own it) and stop the download after the first part (where it downloads a renewed license) but before the full game itself (since you already have that part).
I recently started MM10 which was expired and it didn't do any of that, the game just started and updated to my real expiry date. That's not true for EU users?

BadWolf

Just curious since I didn't play the Wii version and only 20 minutes of the PS3, but how is the story of an HD remake better than the original? Isn't all that stuff the same?

Wasn't comparing the Wii/PS3 versions, I was comparing Umbrella Chronicles and Dark Side Chronicles.

Celegus

Wasn't comparing the Wii/PS3 versions, I was comparing Umbrella Chronicles and Dark Side Chronicles.

Ohh, that makes more sense!

Nice~
I am under the impression that this is an Adventure genre game like Walking Dead, correct?

I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what it's going to be like. From what I've seen it looks like Walking Dead / Heavy Rain, but didn't they say there won't be any QTEs? Or did I make that up?

My ps3 is stuck in the 'recovering HDD' mode loop. Meaning, for those that don't know, every time I turn on my ps3 it tries to repair corrupted files, fails and begins the process all over again.

Anyway I'm going to exchange it today, but I'm worried about all my data remaining on the HDD since I can't delete it, as well as my ps+ still being assigned to that ps3.

So here is my question: How to I ensure my account is safe after I trade it in and how do I remove that ps3 from my list of registered consoles?

lucius

My ps3 is stuck in the 'recovering HDD' mode loop. Meaning, for those that don't know, every time I turn on my ps3 it tries to repair corrupted files, fails and begins the process all over again.

Anyway I'm going to exchange it today, but I'm worried about all my data remaining on the HDD since I can't delete it, as well as my ps+ still being assigned to that ps3.

So here is my question: How to I ensure my account is safe after I trade it in and how do I remove that ps3 from my list of registered consoles?

Goto here:
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/video-game-store/

Sign into account and deactivate all devices and you should be fine, I had to do it from there once but that was like 6 months ago so I hope link still works, also I think it limits you from doing this every 6 months or so but i your case you need to do it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Pretty sure this has been asked a zillion times but looking through the thread is going to be painful.
If you extend PS+ by a year does it have to be a credit card payment in PSN for "+90 days" to work or can you just redeem a code you bought at retail and it would still add the extra provided it's activated before September 20?

tinypic is blocked because they recycle old image URLs and the image can be replaced with any other image in a few years.

UnE07XN.jpg

Tempting. Very tempting, but as I've made it this far without spoiling too much of the game I'm not sure if I should download this.

I think I'll wait for impressions on gameplay, but it's going to hard to resist the temptation to download....

netguy503

Tempting. Very tempting, but as I've made it this far without spoiling too much of the game I'm not sure if I should download this.

I think I'll wait for impressions on gameplay, but it's going to hard to resist the temptation to download....

Don't worry it's not coming next week. So you have more time to mull the decision over.

Goto here:
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/video-game-store/

Sign into account and deactivate all devices and you should be fine, I had to do it from there once but that was like 6 months ago so I hope link still works, also I think it limits you from dojing this every 6 months or so but i your case you need to do it.
Thanks a ton. I did exactly as you suggested and was able to remove my info, though ultimately I had to contact an agent via chat to remove the ps3 media registration. Not a big deal.

On a sad note I had to get rid of my purrty front loading original slim foe the new ugly ass slide top model. I did get to go from a 160 hdd to 500 at no cost so that was nice.

Top Bottom