• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
So, I may let my Plus lapse this month and just resub when a month with great free games or deals pops up, or a 15 for 12 type deal shows up for US gamers on PSN like it is right now for EU gamers.

Now, if I resub later on, will I still be able to redownload the free games I "purchased" while a Plus member? Like the Resident Evil on-rails games for example?

I remember the whole security fiasco years ago and they gave away a free game of your choice on PSN, and I chose Infamous. But now I can't seem to redownload that for free at all. It tries to charge me $30. Not sure if it will be the same case with the PSPlus games.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, I may let my Plus lapse this month and just resub when a month with great free games or deals pops up, or a 15 for 12 type deal shows up for US gamers on PSN like it is right now for EU gamers.

Now, if I resub later on, will I still be able to redownload the free games I "purchased" while a Plus member? Like the Resident Evil on-rails games for example?

I remember the whole security fiasco years ago and they gave away a free game of your choice on PSN, and I chose Infamous. But now I can't seem to redownload that for free at all. It tries to charge me $30. Not sure if it will be the same case with the PSPlus games.
For the millionth time this thread, yes.

As for Infamous, are you sure you're trying to download it from the download list? XMB -> Account management -> Transaction Management -> Download List -> find Infamous, click X to confirm.

You can re-download any games you got/claimed while you were a subscriber after you re-sub. The Infamous thing might be different, though. I always assumed that it would work the same way, though - PSN should simply view the game as "purchased."

I recently lost my OG console to the YLOD and I damn well better be able to re-DL Infamous! I got it after the PSN outage, too.

Roto13

My Plus expires today and I'm going to let it go for a little while. There's nothing I want from the IGC this month. I'll resub when there's a good freebie or sale.

jsnepo

I wish they make PS+ have a monthly subscription so in case I don't want the games for a given month, I will not subscribe.

For the cloud saves, does that work with any other account on the same system (like games) or only the saves of the Plus owner?

I have been debating whether to get PSN plus for the US, UK, or Japan and would appreciate any advice.

I bought my first PS3 in Japan, so my primary account (with Trophies and saves and friends) is Japanese.
I have a secondary account for US purchases only, with the majority of my PSN purchases done via this account.
I have a Japanese credit card but will likely ditch it in the next 6 months.
I have a US credit card that I'll hold on to for the foreseeable future.
I live in London now.

+Pros for Japan Plus:
I *am* interested in cloud saves, so if only the primary Plus account can utilize that, a Japanese account makes the most sense, I guess.

I don't have a PS Vita yet, but am planning to buy one by the end of the year. With only one account at a time on Vita, I'd have to go with my Japanese account, so a Japanese Plus account is the only way I'd be able to take advantage of future Vita offerings.

+Pros for US/UK Plus:
This month's list of Japanese releases isn't super compelling, and I haven't been able to find a good list of previous months' releases for Japan like those in the OP for the US and UK.

With the PS4 release in Japan so far out, I don't expect there to be very good representation there until well after the US/UK side gets it.

I really wish you could switch account regions on PSN like on Xbox Live.

Roto13

Thanks for the info. Crud. Maybe I'll just have to double up and get Plus for both Japan and US... Is that crazy?

Well. JApan and the US have pretty different lineups of free games. (Japan's isn't that good.) But if you want to pay $50 a year just for cloud saves, that does sound a little crazy. :p

I've tried to ask this question in the YLOD thread but it's a wasteland there. Figured someone here might chime in.

My fat PS3 died and I've decided to sell it as is for parts to help pay for a new slim. Do I need to take the HDD out just to be safe about my PSN account? Or will deactivation through Sony take care of that? Thanks in advance. I get a bit paranoid about stuff like this.

I've tried to ask this question in the YLOD thread but it's a wasteland there. Figured someone here might chime in.

My fat PS3 died and I've decided to sell it as is for parts to help pay for a new slim. Do I need to take the HDD out just to be safe about my PSN account? Or will deactivation through Sony take care of that? Thanks in advance. I get a bit paranoid about stuff like this.

Yeah there is a way to deactivate all of your devices through the website if you didnt deactivate your ps3 before it died. You can leave the HDD in, maybe change your PSN PW to be safe though.

Yeah there is a way to deactivate all of your devices through the website if you didnt deactivate your ps3 before it died. You can leave the HDD in, maybe change your PSN PW to be safe though.
Thanks. And yeah, changing passwords. Not sure why that thought didn't cross my mind. Talk about obvious...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
why would anyone pay 10/month if you can have a year for 50?
They're adding the monthly option cause mp is behind the paywall on PS4. It's there for broke people who just purchased a new game and want to try mp, but don't want to commit to 3 months or a full year.

Make it $6 then?
No one would sign up for the 3 month sub if the 1 month option for 3 months totaled to the same price as 3 months upfront. $10 a month gives them price parity with XBL and encourages people to upgrade to the $18 3 month sub.

Like I said above, the option is mostly there for people who don't have the funds upfront for a full 3/12 months but want to play their new shiny mp game.

Roto13

The Zen Pinball 2 Star Wars Pinball tables expire when Plus expires. I thought I'd get to keep them since they're technically DLC. I guess their license is tied to the license for the full Star Wars Pinball game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Three months is $18. They're not going to do one for $5. That's a worse value for buying more.

The gap is too big though. $120 a year if you pay monthly?
- pay in advance, $50 for a year
- $18 for 3 months = $72 per year
- pay monthly = maybe $90 per year, so $7.49 per month

waltyftm

Banned
I love PS+ and always look forward to it each month, but i seriously need to work on my backlog, too many unfinished games taking up space.

No one would sign up for the 3 month sub if the 1 month option for 3 months totaled to the same price as 3 months upfront. $10 a month gives them price parity with XBL and encourages people to upgrade to the $18 3 month sub.

Like I said above, the option is mostly there for people who don't have the funds upfront for a full 3/12 months but want to play their new shiny mp game.

If anything, that's why it DOESN'T make sense. XBL is more expensive than PS+.

danthefan

EU Gaf types, is the year + 90 days free active at the moment? It says it on the main site but no mention of it here.

Also, no word of October PS+ games yet?

Yanksfan

The gap is too big though. $120 a year if you pay monthly?
- pay in advance, $50 for a year
- $18 for 3 months = $72 per year
- pay monthly = maybe $90 per year, so $7.49 per month

Agreed, $7.50 would be a better compromise. You still receive value for committing to a longer term sub, but you're not ridiculously penalized for going month to month. I will continue to sub annually, so it doesn't effect me personally.

Tizoc

I love PS+ and always look forward to it each month, but i seriously need to work on my backlog, too many unfinished games taking up space.

Start by beating the smaller PSN/Digital games, if any do not interest you or are games you enjoyed but don't expect to replay again, just delete them.
Alt. you could start with the bigger retail released games, though they'd take a longer time to finish.

The_Monk

Really curious about the upcoming EU PS+ deals, maybe we will know by the end of this week or in the next one, fellow GAFfers?

Either way, my Vita is hungry and I believe November will be the month of those Yearly Vita PS Plus games so I'll hold on purchasing games until that date. I predict something like Assassins Creed Liberation, LBP Vita and something else.

waltyftm

Banned
Start by beating the smaller PSN/Digital games, if any do not interest you or are games you enjoyed but don't expect to replay again, just delete them.
Alt. you could start with the bigger retail released games, though they'd take a longer time to finish.

Good advice thanks.

Tizoc

Good advice thanks.

If you're an EU Plus member, download and try Jak 1, it's a straight forward, easy and fun platformer.
Jak 2 and 3 are open world action games, but many on GAF would tell you to avoid it. I personally feel it's best to judge it by yourself, so dl the games or if you have them downloaded, start playing them.
Just a suggestion ;3

waltyftm

Banned
If you're an EU Plus member, download and try Jak 1, it's a straight forward, easy and fun platformer.
Jak 2 and 3 are open world action games, but many on GAF would tell you to avoid it. I personally feel it's best to judge it by yourself, so dl the games or if you have them downloaded, start playing them.
Just a suggestion ;3

Loved Jak on the PS2, and that was without a memory card, just started it on PS3 with my 6yo daughter, still great, but urgh 2 and 3 are like wtf went wrong, i will probably get rid of them.

Tizoc

Plus freebies I'd like to see on EU PSN at least:
Bayonetta
Anarchy Reigns
Sonic Racing Transformed
Sonic Generations
Mini Ninjas

...That's it off the top of my head ATM @3@

I want to start Mafia 2 but am ATM working on Rayman Legends and Deadpool, once I beat those I'm gonna focus on Rayman Origins+Killer is dead.

rafaelr

gave stealth inc. (free for EU+ this month) a try, pretty cool and challenging.
however, i finally found out how bad the analog sticks on the ds3 can be (in some levels you have to match speed of platforms etc.), can get really frustrating.

Just had my subscription auto-renew.

I had a little panic attack when I saw my email previews saying I'd bought something on PSN! Then I read it, phew. Thought my account was compromised.

Top Bottom