• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

mclem

Has anyone calculated how much space all the PSN games released so far would be when installed?

Have barely installed any of them but have paid since Plus first came out and wondering if I should get a 2tb or 1tb drive.

I've got everything since the EU-flavoured IGC began installed (plus some other titles), and I've gone beyond 1TB in doing so. My 2TB drive still has a few hundred gigs to play with.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask - but I couldn't find a conclusive answer anywhere on google. Can anyone confirm/deny if Euro/PAL country titles are DLC cross-compatible?

For reference - what I mean is if it's like Asia/R3 - where game-releases will work with DLC bought in any of its PS-stores (Singapore, HK, Korea...) - except Japan of course.
I've found some suggestions that it may work, but there's no official word afaik.

The_Monk

I'm in for the Vita Titles regarding the update but it's a good month overall. I have no idea how good is a Fighting game on the Vita but if it requires a lot of smashing buttons then I won't like (don't want to break the Vita).

Far Cry 3 is one of those rare games I got 100% in it, really liked.

Now I'm even more curious about the PS Vita Yearly titles coming soon, I also spotted this comment:

- Are Resistance Burning Skies, Hotline Miami or Guacamelee coming anytime soon? Thanks!

- One of those yes, but I can’t say which at the moment

I can see resistance one of those Yearly games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Now I'm even more curious about the PS Vita Yearly titles coming soon, I also spotted this comment:

- Are Resistance Burning Skies, Hotline Miami or Guacamelee coming anytime soon? Thanks!

R: BS is a turd. You should hope for one of the others.

Cool. I actually had a itch to play SFxT for some reason recently.

I'm in for the Vita Titles regarding the update but it's a good month overall. I have no idea how good is a Fighting game on the Vita but if it requires a lot of smashing buttons then I won't like (don't want to break the Vita).

Its probably Guacamelee seen I bought that one.

StayDead

So I signed up for JPN PS Plus since most of the games I play are imports and I already had that account on my vita. 2 Days ago I must have spent about an hour adding the 150 odd free games that were on the service to my cart 10 at a time and now I "own" over 100 Playstation 1 games most of which I'll never play haha.

There's some gems in that list there like Jumping Flash 2 and Everybody's Golf 2 but I really need to work through this huge list and give them all a try at some point. My god, why am I such a sucker for seeing something has no cost so I just take it just in case, the same goes for GOG deals where they give something free. It's highly unlikely that I'll ever play but, but I've just got to have it x_x

So I signed up for JPN PS Plus since most of the games I play are imports and I already had that account on my vita. 2 Days ago I must have spent about an hour adding the 150 odd free games that were on the service to my cart 10 at a time and now I "own" over 100 Playstation 1 games most of which I'll never play haha.

There's some gems in that list there like Jumping Flash 2 and Everybody's Golf 2 but I really need to work through this huge list and give them all a try at some point. My god, why am I such a sucker for seeing something has no cost so I just take it just in case, the same goes for GOG deals where they give something free. It's highly unlikely that I'll ever play but, but I've just got to have it x_x

In case that helps you, here's a recent thread with a quick examination over this PS1 games list: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380560

guy_clapping_in_amazeq2sbm.gif

jvm

Gamasutra.
Everyone should buy Guacamelee. I believe you'll think it's a great game after you play it and would want the developers to get appropriately rewarded for entertaining you.

But that's just me.

Also has really great PS3/PSV cloud-save-sharing.

Doubt it:
Resistance Burning Skies is not available in quite a few regions for various reasons so it is very unlikely it will go into the IGC
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-assassins-creed-iii-jak-daxter-trilogy-more/

Shiloa

Resistance is pretty low rated, and PS+ tends to give away decent games so I'd expect Guacamelee to be given away simply because it's already sold a lot.

Somax

Ok, I'm a total ps+ newbie, which ran to a shop and bought a yearly subscription after reading what will be on eu ps+ next month (yes, yes, I could have done it before, but this was the straw that broke my greedy back).

Let me see if I understand correctly. In order to "acquire" the current free games, it's enough to go on the online store and buy everything there?
I did it and I can see the games in my download list in the ps store... it's that the correct behaviour?

Is there a less clunky way to navigate my download list than open the slooooow ps store on my ps3 and selecting the item there?

Thanks for the answers to those newbie questions...

jvm

Gamasutra.
Let me see if I understand correctly. In order to "acquire" the current free games, it's enough to go on the online store and buy everything there?
I did it and I can see the games in my download list in the ps store... it's that the correct behaviour?
Yes, you're done. You've basically attached a license to your account. That's all that's required.

Is there a less clunky way to navigate my download list than open the slooooow ps store on my ps3 and selecting the item there?
Use the web store:
http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Resistance is pretty low rated, and PS+ tends to give away decent games so I'd expect Guacamelee to be given away simply because it's already sold a lot.

Resistance won't go PS+ because it has multiplayer. There are very few games that make it to PS+ that have multiplayer from the Sony published games. Sony doesn't want to pay for the costs of running servers for longer than needed.

So, I've just subscribed for a year of PS+ and I saw that Gravity Daze, Rayman Origins and others PSVita games are free but they don't appear in the september list: will they be free as long I have a subscription or my eyes are deceiving me? Because otherwise I'm really tempted to buy me a PSVita :3

LayLa

"buy" all games from the webstore, download via Account Management>Transaction Management>Download List on your PS3
you never have to open the PS store on PS3 ever again!

Fuzzy

So, I've just subscribed for a year of PS+ and I saw that Gravity Daze, Rayman Origins and others PSVita games are free but they don't appear in the september list: will they be free as long I have a subscription or my eyes are deceiving me? Because otherwise I'm really tempted to buy me a PSVita :3
Look at the webstore to see what is currently free then add them add to your cart and "purchase" them to get them into your download list. Once a game is in your download list you can download and play them for as long as you're a PS+ subscriber even if they're not available in the future.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

I see you're in Italy so make sure to add the stuff expiring on the 25th before they're taken down.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679533

"buy" all games from the webstore, download via Account Management>Transaction Management>Download List on your PS3
Or set them to auto download and they'll download on all the PS3s your PS+ account is on automatically.

Celegus

Hmm.. I always thought the GTA games on PSP were the old-style top down. I guess only the Chinatown one is like that? I really don't care for the 3D ones at all, but quite enjoyed the first two. I'll pass on that, but looking forward to Ico for the first time.

Anyone know what the heck "Hold Type" means in the options menu for Ico? You can select either "A" or "B". Also, pleasantly surprised this game is native 1080p. Image quality is very good.

Fuzzy

Anyone know what the heck "Hold Type" means in the options menu for Ico? You can select either "A" or "B". Also, pleasantly surprised this game is native 1080p. Image quality is very good.
I can't remember which is which but one of them requires you to hold the button to hold her hand while the other only requires you to press it once to hold her hand.

Kinda regret I subscribed for PS plus asia instead of the other regions. I got more than my money's worth with the free games I got (ico, sotc, sleeping dogs, devil may cry collection and other smaller psn titles) but the offers for NA and EU are making me envious lol.

Im pondering if I should subscribe too to EU...

lucius

Somax said:
Originally Posted by Somax

Yeah website is better, but you can access the old stores DL list which is super quick, I do it through Age of Booty demo like GraveRobber mentioned on here before, it really works, use it a lot on my PS3 to find certain past downloads which takes forever in current store.

Not really sure where to ask about this....but since it's a PS+ game.

So I downloaded Assassins Creed 3 from PS+ and when I go to install I get error 80029564 and a bubble asking me to delete and download again.
Now no offense, but it's 12 freaking GB in size and they want me to just download again?

I googled the code but all the results seem to be focused on people getting this code while trying to download GTAV and Sony saying they make it a priority to fix it for these customers.
Lucky them, what do I do?

JoshHood

Yeah website is better, but you can access the old stores DL list which is super quick, I do it through Age of Booty demo like GraveRobber mentioned on here before, it really works, use it a lot on my PS3 to find certain past downloads which takes forever in current store.
Don't need to go through a game, just PlayStation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List

lol, someone literally posted that up the page - my bad.

Extended my PS+ sub to August 2015, that 15 months offering is just too good.
They do it every once in a while, so far I only bought PS+ when they had this deal up. I could buy x years at once, but I don't like investing hundreds of € at once (also, it could suck at some point, so have to leave some room).

So far it's 5 years of PS+, but I only paid for 4. You can also find PSN 50€ cards slightly cheaper online, like 48€.
My PS+ month costs ca. 3,20€ on average. It only needs like ONE game that I wanted to buy anyway, like FC3 now, and it's already worth half a year of PS+ alone (going by the price of UK shops). It's really ridiculous considering it won't just be that one game of course.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Jumped on PS+ a while ago, how can you not at this point.

I'm playing through AC III, and it's a surreal experience so far. I'm 6 hours in and I still feel like I'm in the tutorial phase. This game has the weirdest/worst pacing ever. You get started with tutorial heavy stuff, then suddenly there's an area that feels like it belongs in mid to end game, only to start with tutorial stuff again.

The_Monk

Extended my PS+ sub to August 2015, that 15 months offering is just too good.
They do it every once in a while, so far I only bought PS+ when they had this deal up. I could buy x years at once, but I don't like investing hundreds of € at once (also, it could suck at some point, so have to leave some room).

So far I only got a couple of those One Year for 37€ promotions (around December) fellow GAFfer, however, I also grabbed the 15 months promotion a while ago.

And I never paid full price for my PSN cards on these too, the last one I got cost me 15€ with store credit so it's always a plus.

Tizoc

Jumped on PS+ a while ago, how can you not at this point.

I'm playing through AC III, and it's a surreal experience so far. I'm 6 hours in and I still feel like I'm in the tutorial phase. This game has the weirdest/worst pacing ever. You get started with tutorial heavy stuff, then suddenly there's an area that feels like it belongs in mid to end game, only to start with tutorial stuff again.

Download and play Jak 1
You'll end up deleting AC3 because it pales in comparison to an early 2001 PS2 game~

Corrupted download I believe. There is nothing you can do to fix that.

Yeah, but it's a 12GB download. Is it just gonna do that everytime? I hate how their fix is just "please go to history and download again", my ISP is not gonna love me sucking up all this juice.

Download and play Jak 1
You'll end up deleting AC3 because it pales in comparison to an early 2001 PS2 game~

Im playing Jak at the moment, can't believe how below the par of my memories it is. The level design is sublime, but Jak himself is horrible to control His jump and double jump get me into all kinds of bother, his attacks are untrustworthy (always getting hit) and the camera is pure garbage.
I remember think Jak was better than BanjoKazooie when I 1st played it :(

Cyborg

Yeah, but it's a 12GB download. Is it just gonna do that everytime? I hate how their fix is just "please go to history and download again", my ISP is not gonna love me sucking up all this juice.

Im playing Jak at the moment, can't believe how below the par of my memories it is. The level design is sublime, but Jak himself is horrible to control His jump and double jump get me into all kinds of bother, his attacks are untrustworthy (always getting hit) and the camera is pure garbage.
I remember think Jak was better than BanjoKazooie when I 1st played it :(

Playing Jak 1 to, its so amazing.

_RT_

Is Liberty City Stories playable on the PS3? or is it some Vita, PSP only nonsense?

Just to follow up on my question (that was answered... thank you).

Why won't Sony allow the PS3 to play vita and psp (at least) games? Is it not able to?
I've got to think with the Vita tv that it really wouldn't be that hard to make this happen.

Any talk of this happening on the ps4?
I want to play these games - I'd even buy them. But I don't want to buy another system just to play a "to-go" game.

Aru

Just to follow up on my question (that was answered... thank you).

Why won't Sony allow the PS3 to play vita and psp (at least) games? Is it not able to?
I've got to think with the Vita tv that it really wouldn't be that hard to make this happen.

Any talk of this happening on the ps4?
I want to play these games - I'd even buy them. But I don't want to buy another system just to play a "to-go" game.

Vita TV is basically a Vita without screen. It's using the same components, so they don't have to emulate the games.
Sony doesn't have a PS Vita emulator for PS3, and the only Sony PSP emulator is the one found on Vita. They could port it to PS3, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen because it makes more sense for these games to be played on Vita than on PS3.

Top Bottom