• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Finally got around to trying Zombi. I'm really enjoying it so far. I didn't like the demo of the Wii U version because I got annoyed having to constantly move my head up and down to look at the gamepad and and TV. Without that crap the game seems much more enjoyable. I like it.

Yeah Zombi is a good game. Between that, Tropico, and NBA Sony has been killing it with retail games in recent months (not that whether a game is retail or not makes a lick of difference.)

You know that Sherlock Holmes game they gave away six months ago or something, is that any good to play together with someone?

Wondered what it was like for putting clues together and stuff, whether you could solve it all with someone else or whether it pretty much just carries you through it alone. Considering playing it with a non-gamer who's a fan of Sherlock Holmes, y'see.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Man Zombi is legit. I can't put this game down. I remember being really excited for this before the Wii U came out thinking it looked really cool especially for a launch title. Then I played the demo and it all came crashing down because of the way the game forces you to look at the gamepad every 30 seconds. I shouldn't have dismissed the game after that demo. I was right the first time. I was excited pre release for a reason.

Very glad PS Plus gave me an excuse to give the game another shot. PS Plus still got it. Kinda. Occasionally.

You know that Sherlock Holmes game they gave away six months ago or something, is that any good to play together with someone?

Wondered what it was like for putting clues together and stuff, whether you could solve it all with someone else or whether it pretty much just carries you through it alone. Considering playing it with a non-gamer who's a fan of Sherlock Holmes, y'see.
Can confirm this is a good idea, having done exactly the same thing recently. There is a good bit of guidance on where you need to go (though not overbearing), but once you find all the clues (or even if you miss some of the clues), you get to put together the facts into a conclusion yourself, and the game doesn't make it obvious at all. The logic system is actually rather nice, sort of like an evolution of the Miles Edgeworth logic mechanics.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

I played it alone, but I played an older Sherlock Holmes game (The Awakening) with my boyfriend in this way and it worked out well. Give it a try.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
One thing I do hate about Zombi is that you're not allowed to drop the cricket bat. After you get a better melee weapon than the cricket bat naturally you're not going to use the cricket bat. Yet the game still forces it to take up a spot in my inventory. Stupid.

Can confirm this is a good idea, having done exactly the same thing recently. There is a good bit of guidance on where you need to go (though not overbearing), but once you find all the clues (or even if you miss some of the clues), you get to put together the facts into a conclusion yourself, and the game doesn't make it obvious at all. The logic system is actually rather nice, sort of like an evolution of the Miles Edgeworth logic mechanics.

I played it alone, but I played an older Sherlock Holmes game (The Awakening) with my boyfriend in this way and it worked out well. Give it a try.

Cheers, will give it a go then I reckon. Just wanted to make sure there'd be some stuff for us to discuss/work out so we're not just sitting there in silence while she just watches me play the game, as can happen with these things!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I changed my mind. Zombi ain't great. The further you get the more the flaws rear their ugly head. It's not a bad game and has some good ideas but it's most certainly flawed. A nice game to get on Plus overall though.

El_Cinefilo

Games are all up in uk (apart from Echochrome)

When I saw Little Deviants on this months list I though it was a game that had already been on plus and now the store is saying I've already purchased it. This definitely isn't a game I would have paid money for. Was it a game that was given away with Vita memory card bundles or something?

Ludens

Banned
I changed my mind. Zombi ain't great. The further you get the more the flaws rear their ugly head. It's not a bad game and has some good ideas but it's most certainly flawed. A nice game to get on Plus overall though.

Eh, expect to reach the end of the game when the game forces you to do a specific route bugging you out. That was a new low.

Retsudo

Games are all up in uk (apart from Echochrome)

When I saw Little Deviants on this months list I though it was a game that had already been on plus and now the store is saying I've already purchased it. This definitely isn't a game I would have paid money for. Was it a game that was given away with Vita memory card bundles or something?

Yes, in some of those memory cards+games deals, Little Deviants was included.

RedBoot

This is a dumb thing to get annoyed with, but Siren Blood Curse adds 12 entries to the download list. I am not looking forward to my next Plus renewal and the havoc it will wreak on my download list. :/

(Still worth it for Siren though)

Ludens

Banned
Am I the only one having problems with doors in Gone Home? Half the time they won't open at all. I need to press X several times before they actually open, on PC I had no problems :S

LakeEarth

This is a dumb thing to get annoyed with, but Siren Blood Curse adds 12 entries to the download list. I am not looking forward to my next Plus renewal and the havoc it will wreak on my download list. :/

(Still worth it for Siren though)

Not only that, but it starts downloading Episode 9 first. Episode 1 is like third last on the list. So if you want to download the first episode and play it right away, you have to pause/cancel like 10 downloads.

Will games be in Japanese on my EU account, if I get Plus for my Japan account and activate that as primary? If they're gonna split Plus games from now on it might be worth it.

Sora_N

Wasn't NBA free on Plus this month? I go to the page and it doesn't say it's free. Wtf?

EDIT: NVM, I had to search for it, it wasn't on the plus page and they have a separate listing.

WoodWERD

I tried it for a couple hours yesterday...kinda fun, but can you really only bind equipment to L/R and not up/down? Inventory management seemed too slow and janky but I was pretty baked.

bobawesome

I bought a physical copy of Muramasa Rebirth today. I've had a PS+ copy sitting on my system for over a year at this point and had hoped I could use the save data from this version on my cartridge. After inserting the game, however, I got this message: "The same application is on the memory card. To use the application on the PS Vita card, you must delete the same application on the memory card and then insert the PS Vita card again."

So is the only way to get my save back to resubscribe to PS+? Or is there some workaround I don't know about?

Crap, wrong thread, sorry. Thought this was the monthly PSN thread.

Joni

I bought a physical copy of Muramasa Rebirth today. I've had a PS+ copy sitting on my system for over a year at this point and had hoped I could use the save data from this version on my cartridge. After inserting the game, however, I got this message: "The same application is on the memory card. To use the application on the PS Vita card, you must delete the same application on the memory card and then insert the PS Vita card again."

So is the only way to get my save back to resubscribe to PS+? Or is there some workaround I don't know about?

Crap, wrong thread, sorry. Thought this was the monthly PSN thread.

Try backing up the save to your PC?

NewDust

Seems like "Smart as..." got delisted on EU PSN and no longer for sale in NA. Servers for this game have been terminated last month.

So don't delete this game from your Vita if you still plan on playing this. If you don't have it, your probably SOL. I doubt there will be compensation for the loss of this psplus game. Bad precedent anyway.

Joni

Seems like "Smart as..." got delisted on EU PSN and no longer for sale in NA. Servers for this game have been terminated last month.

So don't delete this game from your Vita if you still plan on playing this. If you don't have it, your probably SOL. I doubt there will be compensation for the loss of this psplus game. Bad precedent anyway.
Should still be in your download list.

Ludens

Banned

Sony keeps delivering. What is this garbage? Why you can't download it anymore?

It's still there, it's just named incorrectly

GyOPfNO.png

Naming may differ for you as I think "DUT" stands for Dutch, so if you have a different language version ymmv.

But it has not been removed

and honestly, would anyone miss it? lol

NewDust

GyOPfNO.png

Naming may differ for you as I think "DUT" stands for Dutch, so if you have a different language version ymmv.

Welp, I saw that one actually, but thought it was another misnamed game (Sony Games in Benelux usually offer language packs/choices.

Glad to see it's not removed. Not because I care about the game, like you said, who would miss it, but because of the precedent it could have set.

Stealth edit: you get the Dutch version in the German store?

Hasney

GyOPfNO.png

Even in the English version it's named that. It's just odd.

Joni

GyOPfNO.png

As far as I know, there are at least three versions. DUT, RUS and one correctly named one for ANZ.

Stealth edit: you get the Dutch version in the German store?

For Vita games you sometimes have multiple language versions because of the filesize limit, this one is probably German, Dutch and some others, while other packs have differnt combinations.

xrnzaaas

I'm hoping for Watch Dogs in the near future. I already have the game, but not a lot of people seem to be playing online and I'm still missing that goddamn trophy for being tailed 5 times. ;)

Hasney

I'm hoping for Watch Dogs in the next month. I already have the game, but not a lot of people seem to be playing online and I'm still missing that goddamn trophy for being tailed 5 times. ;)

Haha, although I hate the game, that's a damn good reason!

https://playfront.de/playstation-plus-juli-resident/

So, probably a rumor which will reveal false, but this site reports we could see RE6, Evil Within or Everybody Gone to the Rapture in July. If so, great month. I hope for Everybody, I have RE6 on PC, but I would play it again in coop with my brother if it's included.

Not even a rumor, just what people "predict" in a reddit thread. It's nothing

Beobachtet man dabei die Diskussionen im Reddit-Foren tippt man diesmal auf The Evil Within, das in Japan bereits im PlayStation Plus Line-Up vertreten war und somit auch bei uns folgen könnte. Als zweites Spiel wird das Remaster von Resident Evil 6 gehandelt, was man vor allem auf den aktuellen Hype um Resident Evil zurückführt, dessen siebter Ableger im Januar folgt. Ebenfalls hoch im Kurs steht bei den Spielern diesmal Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture.

Evil Within - because it was in Japan (never means anything)
RE6 - Because of the current RE hype (lol)
EGTTR - ?????

I'm hoping for Watch Dogs in the near future. I already have the game, but not a lot of people seem to be playing online and I'm still missing that goddamn trophy for being tailed 5 times. ;)

Well, the game is still quite enjoyable and would make a nice PS Plus game. Multiplayer seems to be alive as well, been invaded quite often during my playthrough a week ago. Maingame as well as in the Bad Blood expansion. Unfortunately, most invaders try to hack you and barely anyone goes for the tailing.

The multiplayer trophies can be boosted though. Just let someone on your friendlist invade and trail you.

Ludens

Banned
Not even a rumor, just what people "predict" in a reddit thread. It's nothing

Evil Within - because it was in Japan (never means anything)
RE6 - Because of the current RE hype (lol)
EGTTR - ?????

Ah, didn't know that. RE6 doesn't make sense, it would make sense giving a "free" RE on January when the game will launch, not seven months before. I hope for Everybody Gone To The Rapture. at least.

Ah, didn't know that. RE6 doesn't make sense, it would make sense giving a "free" RE on January when the game will launch, not seven months before. I hope for Everybody Gone To The Rapture. at least.
Yeah I agree that EGTTR seems like a possible game in the future. Evil Within as well, but there's nothing that indicates it'll be this month.

Hasney

Oh yeah, I've been so distracted with my country being in the shitter that i forgot it was Plus games time. LET'S DO THIS.

Top Bottom