• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Seijuro

I would gladly take Evil Within, and I guess it isn't out of the cards since Japan already got it on PS+. But I really doubt they would do two horror themed games at once, let alone a pretty fresh release as RE6 on PS4.

Ludens

Banned
No way they will offer RE6 when RE5 is releasing at the same period

Well, my guess is a RE will come later, not RE4, because it's one of the most appreciated RE, not RE5, because it was already free with Plus, but RE6? Maybe, since the game has an infamous background. But not now, maybe December/January.

Regarding Evil Within, it's very possible: the game here in Italy was heavily discounted several time, even now you can grab the Ps4 version for something like 12.50€.

I paid money for EGTTR and it turned out not to be very good, so it's a shoo-in for PS+ before long.

Just so that not only have I wasted my money in the first place, I've double-wasted it.

Ludens

Banned
I paid money for EGTTR and it turned out not to be very good, so it's a shoo-in for PS+ before long.

Just so that not only have I wasted my money in the first place, I've double-wasted it.

Eh, but it was a sure bet for Plus. I mean, it was even deeply discounted up to 70% off right after the release.
Another sure bet it's Ethan Carter.

xrnzaaas

Rapture is likely, especially since Sony doesn't care about diversity and they may just start giving away walking simulators every month. ;p

UCBooties

Yup, hoping we go back to indies releasing as Plus games.

I was surprised they didn't announce anything for Plus durring E3. I'm hoping they pull out something to get excited about for July.

How much longer do we think they're going to keep putting Vita and PS3 games on the service? PS3 I could see going for a little while yet, but Vita they're obviously struggling for content after putting up PSP games two months in a row.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is the worst PS4 game I've ever spent money on. I too hope we get that on Plus so you all get to feel the pain I felt when I played that piece of shit.

Ludens

Banned
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is the worst PS4 game I've ever spent money on. I too hope we get that on Plus so you all get to feel the pain I felt when I played that piece of shit.

I already replied you the last time you posted something similar: no, we won't feel the same pain, because we don't pay for it. It will be another disappointment MAX, but we got used to it :D

Anybody want to guess how long it'll take when the new PS+ thread goes up before someone claims they've let their subscription expire because Plus games are so bad now?

My guess is post 31.

Anybody want to guess how long it'll take when the new PS+ thread goes up before someone claims they've let their subscription expire because Plus games are so bad now?

My guess is post 31.

Within 10 posts someone will say PS Plus sucks and that it gives us shitty games and where is Knack and that they'll cancel their subscription.

PS4: Uncharted 4, BloodBorne
PS3: Red Dead Redemption, Portal 2
Vita: Persona 4 Golden, Nidhogg

"What the fuck is Nidhogg? Yet more indie trash. Thanks for making it so easy to cancel my subscription, Sony, can't believe what's become of this service."

(I almost feel the need to stress that that line-up is fictional, just in case.)

PS4: Uncharted 4, BloodBorne
PS3: Red Dead Redemption, Portal 2
Vita: Persona 4 Golden, Nidhogg

"What the fuck is Nidhogg? Yet more indie trash. Thanks for making it so easy to cancel my subscription, Sony, can't believe what's become of this service."

(I almost feel the need to stress that that line-up is fictional, just in case.)

BEST. LINEUP. EVER.

Do you have sources??

Nyx

13507078_1227649947255116_2627592383722936682_n.jpg

From PS Hungary Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/playstatio...709832182471/1227649947255116/?type=3&theater

Nyx

I assume that's just there as a reminder that it's coming out and you can play it with Plus.

Furi looks interesting but way too frantic for me to ever bother playing.

Don't you need a founder's pack to play Paragon right now? It isn't out of beta yet right?

Maybe Plus members get an early and free entry or something.

ZeroCoin

I assume that's just there as a reminder that it's coming out and you can play it with Plus.

Furi looks interesting but way too frantic for me to ever bother playing.

Don't you need a founder's pack to play Paragon right now? It isn't out of beta yet right?

Maybe Plus members get an early and free entry or something.

Paragon doesn't require plus though. It does still require a paid founders pack to get into the beta outside of the free weekends.

I could see them adding a basic founders pack to next month's freebies, possibly as an extra game outside of the normal 6. Would be great to have a larger beta player pool before fully opening the floodgates. Or it could be a small amount of in game currency like they randomly do with other f2p games.

Ah, I just assumed it must be coming out, I've barely even heard of it.

Whatever it's there for I doubt it'll be part of the announcement, it'll just be a side-note in the blog post or something. In Hungary.

ZeroCoin

Ah, I just assumed it must be coming out, I've barely even heard of it.

Whatever it's there for I doubt it'll be part of the announcement, it'll just be a side-note in the blog post or something. In Hungary.

Open beta date is set for August 16. So yeah, could be early access, could be currency, could be for Hungary only, could be nothing. I'm enjoying the game, so currency would be cool with me, but I'd be fine with early access to have more of my friends to play with.

Ludens

Banned
I bought Gat Out of Hell two days ago on Steam, regretted my purchase because cutscenes are funny, but the game is terrible. The story missions last a couple of hours, but you do the exact same thing the whole time.
Like, flying into circles, grab people when flying, kill all dudes...yeah, those are story missions.

Catvoca

Banned
I wouldn't get too excited for Gat out of Hell. Even as someone who loved Saints Row 4, Gat out of Hell was pretty lame. All the open world checkbox fluff of SR without the funny and charming parts.

Alpende

Gat out of Hell seemed interesting, saw the trailer and the reactions on here and now I'm not too sure anymore. Probably won't play it, gotta play Blood & Wine for The Witcher 3 first anyway.

Ludens

Banned
Gat out of hell is a glorified piece of extra dlc.

It's even worse, in my opinion. And I loved SR 2, 3 and 4.
It's just a bunch of side-quests you NEED to do in order to trigger the next cutscene, that's all. It's the kind of missions I skipped when playing SR games (I only do main and side missions, but sides with a "plot", not random marks on the map). It lasts two hours and it got repetitive within this time frame. Of course if you wanna 100% it it would take much time, but in my opinion the game is not worth 15€ at all. For free? It's ok if you like the franchise, but I spent 3.74€ on Steam and regretted it.

Ah man... I bought Oreshika when it released and never got around to playing it...

Is anybody interested in my own personal rating for next month? No? Well here it is!

I think this month is ok.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I liked Gat out of Hell. But it's terrible to give that away and not SR4. POP is terrible on PSP, and they shouldn't be giving away PSP games anyway. Bad month is bad.

I'll give Sony some credit. They've certainly eliminated the I'll wait for PS Plus mentality when it comes to their firs party lineup. You want to play a first party game on a PS platform these days you have to buy it. For a good amount of time this wasn't the case. All you had to do was wait. Bb

RK128

I liked Gat out of Hell. But it's terrible to give that away and not SR4. POP is terrible on PSP, and they shouldn't be giving away PSP games anyway. Bad month is bad.

I'll give Sony some credit. They've certainly eliminated the I'll wait for PS Plus mentality when it comes to their firs party lineup. You want to play a first party game on a PS platform these days you have to buy it. For a good amount of time this wasn't the case. All you had to do was wait. Bb

This applies for the PS4 only though; most first party games released on the PS Vita and PS3 over the past few years.

I don't mind PSP games coming to PS+ for the past few months, I've owned the Vita games they've been putting out and while I don't mind this honestly, I can see the annoyance people have with that.

This month isn't horrible at all honestly, as the games on all three platforms are solid. But I can understand people being annoyed with the service.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/29/playstation-plus-free-games-for-july-2016/
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ll-furi-come-to-playstation-plus-on-5th-july/

So we have:
  • Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (PS4)
  • Furi (PS4)
  • Fat Princess (PS3)
  • Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (PS3)
  • Prince of Persia: Revelations (PS Vita)
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (PS Vita)
Oreshika? Awesome, possibly the first month of plus with something I'm actually interested in. Good stuff.

Top Bottom