• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 02/26/13 - Dora’s Big Birthday Adventure | Persona 2: EP

Eusis

Can't believe Unchained Blades beat Growlanser 4. Criminal.
I'm genuinely surprised too. I guess Unchained Blades hits the current "otaku" whereas Growlanser IV might be more appealing to those of us who had interest in Langrisser or the original way back, or maybe jumped on the (now nearly 10 year old god damn) WD release of 2 & 3. Mind, I'd get more out of an Unchained Blades sale (shame about its timing though), but I was ready to double dip and keep a copy of Growlanser IV on my Vita.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm genuinely surprised too. I guess Unchained Blades hits the current "otaku" whereas Growlanser IV might be more appealing to those of us who had interest in Langrisser or the original way back, or maybe jumped on the (now nearly 10 year old god damn) WD release of 2 & 3. Mind, I'd get more out of an Unchained Blades sale (shame about its timing though), but I was ready to double dip and keep a copy of Growlanser IV on my Vita.

That or people are smart and got the digital only game to go on sale rather than a game they can get a physical version for cheaper.

I prefer to think that. Thank you voters!

Tizoc

Hey I voted for Unchained Blades because it had a turn based system that reminded me of Dragon Quest.
$15 sounds OK for it IMO.

...but lol @ Ass Creed III price, anyone who thinks buying it to get $10 back, will have the purchase worth $40 is an idiot, sorry.

At any rate, my purchases for this week are gonna be (I have $122 in my US account atm):
1 Year Plus ($50)
Velocity ($2.44)
Unchained Blades ($14.69)

MAYBE
Smart as ( $13.22)
Super Stardust Delta ($4.89)
Walking Dead ($9.79)*
Sound Shapes ($7.43)

*Will wait to see if it's the extra Plus freebie for EU PSN first, otherwise I'm grabbing it.

Planning on getting before 1st April-
Feisty Feet ($2.99)
SunFlowers ($3.99)

so sonic all stars racing transformed shows in the weekly deals section, but for the regular price... had my hopes up for a second as i was waiting for a small discount before buying. whats up with that?

Tizoc

so sonic all stars racing transformed shows in the weekly deals section, but for the regular price... had my hopes up for a second as i was waiting for a small discount before buying. whats up with that?
Discoun mite not be live yet?

Anyone know if the Widescreen option on GTA:SA works at all?

I just tried enabling it and all it did was stretch the screen vertically. Not sure if I am missing something or not. =P

Is the Dawngaurd dlc worth $10? And I thought we were getting it all 1/2 off for the first week. Or was that just the Dragonborn dlc?

neoism

so guys asked in the COD thread and no one answered... anyone with COD ps3 dlc experience... is the new map-pack coming at 12est or sometime tomorrow....

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Pixel Junk Dungeon get scrapped in favor of Pixel Junk Side-Scroller (1-4b)? :(
I seem to recall hearing that when SS was announced and being really bummed.
New around here, eh? ;)

Kinda annoyed Tokyo Jungle didn't win...but I didn't get it on sale last time so I can't say too much

Hong Kong store is finally using the new store app. Other than organization, the only big difference between it and the stores in the NA and EU regions is that uses a different font, Helvetica, instead of the other one.

When are the webstores suppose to go up for the Asian region?

so guys asked in the COD thread and no one answered... anyone with COD ps3 dlc experience... is the new map-pack coming at 12est or sometime tomorrow....

Well when elite existed earlier in the year it would come at about 6am est.

Edit: COD maps are now up

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Dawngaurd dlc worth $10? And I thought we were getting it all 1/2 off for the first week. Or was that just the Dragonborn dlc?
Not worth it imo. However, if you MUST pick up dlc, I'd go Dragonborn and then Dawnguard.

Dragonborn adds an island and more stuff to do and more armour and weapons.

Dawnguard you get a kickass bow vs undead and you get the crossbow which is a killing machine.

Avoid Hearthfire at all costs! It's glitch as fuck and isn't worth the time or money you put into the house. Fucking thing has glitched on me for PC....

Best house you can get is in Dragonborn, but too bad it's not in skyrim.

Sony's just preparing for the PS4 ahead of time and making sure you can't download anything previously bought.
:p

I can't log-in to the store on my Vita, so I assume something's down.

The Store is dead. Well the UK one anyhoo. Comes up with an error message and the screen goes small. Have to reset the PS3. I wanna download my free GoW theme you bastards!!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Fuzzy

For the people who don't check the PS+ thread.

Fucking awesome. Now SCEA needs to update the store during the day and enable remote downloading to my PS3.

Works fine on my iPhone 5
Mine too.

gFGRVfil.jpg

Diablos

As a downloadable game Uncharted 3 is really crazy in terms of filesize, however it was planned for Blu-Ray and not PSN initially. Thus, the filesize is typical for dual-layer BD content.

Diablos

As a downloadable game Uncharted 3 is really crazy in terms of filesize, however it was planned for Blu-Ray and not PSN initially. Thus, the filesize is typical for dual-layer BD content.

Doesn't come up under God of War at all in a search (how odd)
Not on the Store front at all.
Not in PS3 Demos
Not in "What's New"

Comes up if you search for Ascension.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

I don't get the size complaints. It's 2013. If you (not you you, but you know, you) ain't rockin at least 250gigs, why you in this hobby?

I don't get the size complaints. It's 2013. If you (not you you, but you know, you) ain't rockin at least 250gigs, why you in this hobby?

Size doesn't bother me too much (oh-er) in the sense of space, it's how long it would take me to download something like that. Probably2-3 days non stop. But I have 250GB and I've dropped to quite close levels of little space after a few years. It simple isn't enough either.

If a launch PS4 only comes with 500GB I may even pass until a larger size comes available.

Fuzzy

But you would need 87GB of free space to download and install it. That's the problem with the way the PS3 handles these things.

Quick

Banned
I actually like the PSN Store, but holy crap does it eat up memory. Leave the store open for a few minutes and it really begins to slow down.

I was on it for 15 minutes browsing, and it was barely functional at that point.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Guys, I bought three $50 PSN cards and started adding them to my account. It won't take the third and gives me an error message:

The Prepaid Card transaction exceeds the Wallet limit.

Anyone know what this is all about? The FAQ seems to say $350 is the limit. :(

What's going on?

This is using the webstore because kids are currently on PS3. I guess I could try PSV...

Edit: Also, spent $70 out of the money on there, so balance is much smaller now... still won't go.

androvsky

Guys, I bought three $50 PSN cards and started adding them to my account. It won't take the third and gives me an error message:

What's going on?

This is using the webstore because kids are currently on PS3. I guess I could try PSV...

Edit: Also, spent $70 out of the money on there, so balance is much smaller now... still won't go.

I thought the wallet limit was around $120, was an issue with some big MMO package.

edit: this faq says $150

Quick

Banned

What's going on?

Try it again in 24 hours, as tedious as that sounds.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I thought the wallet limit was around $120, was an issue with some big MMO package.

edit: this faq says $150
This is what the Google gave me:
http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/purchasing/index.htm

What is the wallet limit that can be in a PlayStation®Network wallet?
The maximum amount that a Master Account wallet can contain - at any one time - is $350 US currency for users registered in the United States and $350 Canadian for users registered in Canada. There is no limit on the number of times a Master Account may fund a wallet as long as the total amount does not exceed $350.

Sub Accounts

The maximum monthly limit on a Sub Account is $300 US currency for users registered in the United States and $300 Canadian currency for users registered in Canada. This maximum monthly limit is higher than the wallet limit because there is no limit on the number of times a Master Account can fund his wallet as long as the wallet limit does not exceed $350 at any one time. A Master Account can also place a monthly spending limit on associated Sub Accounts.

But...ok. I'll wait a day and see what happens. :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Dwayne

Do they go back to put old ps3 games digitally? i want gow 3 and mgs 4.

To publish on PSN, the developer has to rebuild the game, package it for download, test the entire product, make fixes, etc. And then pass Sony testing. For a lot of titles it wouldn't be worth doing (development costs vs expected sales).

GOW3 and MGS4 I can imagine could do good sales but on the problem is they're both massive games. You'd need 50-60 gigs of HDD space free to download and install them, which would restrict sales :/

To publish on PSN, the developer has to rebuild the game, package it for download, test the entire product, make fixes, etc. And then pass Sony testing. For a lot of titles it wouldn't be worth doing (development costs vs expected sales).

GOW3 and MGS4 I can imagine could do good sales but on the problem is they're both massive games. You'd need 50-60 gigs of HDD space free to download and install them, which would restrict sales :/

mgs4 does some really strange things with game installation to the hard drive as well. I imagine testing an all digital version might turn up a few bugs

Top Bottom