• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 03/12/09

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tokyo Rain said:
Well, Crystal Defenders was a disappointment. I figured Square-Enix was a sure win.

You place some character classes (i.e. mage, monk, archer, etc) on a map and fast forward time to see if they can kill waves of monsters before they get to the end.

Not very interesting.

I recommend you save your yen thru Friday and see if anything better pops up.

:lol You sure thought wrong.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
MadFuzzy said:

img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

ss_01.jpg
ss_02.jpg
ss_03.jpg
ss_05.jpg
ss_06.jpg
ss_07.jpg
ss_08.jpg
ss_09.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I liked everything about Crystal Defenders until the gameplay.

It was like playing a GBA game on my Gamecube TV adapter, and very boring to boot. :(
Was really hoping it'd be sweet.

Speevy

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
They should do a re release of HSG5, drop the price, patch in rumble, custom soundtrack, trophies and release it on PSN. I'd bite.

I'd bite at full price, seems like a great game. And sorry if this question is idiotic.

We know releasing games online can be less costly than retail distribution, but how much more does it cost to put a game on a console's downloadable service?

Speevy said:
I'd bite at full price, seems like a great game. And sorry if this question is idiotic.

We know releasing games online can be less costly than retail distribution, but how much more does it cost to put a game on a console's downloadable service?

As in how much it would cost to put the file on the server and flip the switch to let people download it? I'm guessing not a whole lot.

Speevy

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
As in how much it would cost to put the file on the server and flip the switch to let people download it? I'm guessing not a whole lot.

Yeah, basically. There must be some limit to what they're willing to put on there, because Sony clearly has interest in it, but only a handful of full retail games have been made available.

Jostifer

That Idolmaster PSP dlc is going to make a killing.
The X360 version had or have the highest dlc purchase/earning ratio per title/user of any next gen title last I heard in Japan.

The PSP games also have PS3 Home items which is like super cool.

buffi

Banned
Jostifer said:
That Idolmaster PSP dlc is going to make a killing.
The X360 version had or have the highest dlc purchase/earning ratio per title/user of any next gen title last I heard in Japan.

Please stop using this expression.
360 and PS3 has been out for years.

BobTheFork said:
fixed :p
Buy this and play with us.

Definitely. I miss our old GAF Saturday Tournaments. I was hungover most of the time, and performed poorly, but it was still fun getting together with everyone.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah we did the aussie one but haven't been able to get together since (too bad b/c the new course is great). the game is awesome, but i really wish they had included SOME stupid sort of "experience" that rewards you for playing, even silly items or new colors or whatever.

krae_man

I havn't even touched the Kratos or that Ocean course DLC since I've bought them and I'll still probably buy Sack Boy.

I need to get back into playing HSG. Any word on if trophy support will be added to HSG? That would totally get me re hooked.

krae_man

RedNumberFive said:
That would be a day one purchase for me. My finace loved the putter golf mode in the PS2 Hot Shots.

I cant wait. I bought a $150HK PSN card off Play-Asia 2 weeks ago. The damn thing better show up in the mail soon:lol

Oh and from the videos I've seen, its not the same as the Mini Golf in Hot Shots Golf Fore!. Its par based instead of "the longer your shot, the more points you get".

buffi

Banned
Sorry to burst your bubbles and all that, but Minna no Putter Golf is pretty shitty... and I've got 100% of the trophies in it.

It is short as hell, not very fun and all in all not a very good game.

And I loved Minna no Golf 5.

krae_man

buffi said:
Sorry to burst your bubbles and all that, but Minna no Putter Golf is pretty shitty... and I've got 100% of the trophies in it.

Oh I'm sure its not worth $5. Doesn't mean I wont still buy it.

lupinko

buffi said:

I concur, but the Toro trophies are neat and the game in 1080p is nice.

Jim

Better save that banner for next week:

Midnight Club: Los Angeles South Central Release Date March 19

The release date for Midnight Club: South Central has moved a week to March 19th. South Central comes with two components: the free South Central Map Expansion includes four new neighborhoods to explore that increases the total map size by one third, and a South Central Premium Upgrade that includes the map expansion plus new vehicles, parts, music, vinyls, hydraulics, and more, for a total cost of $9.99 on Playstation 3 and 800 MS points on the Xbox 360.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I don't know if this has ever been discussed, so if it has or it's something you already know, disregard.

It's well known around this board that the PS3 supports USB controllers for its original software.

Well, I've tried a few controllers I had laying around and discovered it actually turns Toy Home into a very playable analog game. Of course, the results are strange and less desirable on something like Flower, which maps the triggers and basically turns you around in a circle involuntarily. You wouldn't want anything but an official Sony controller for that anyway.

Well, that's not what surprised me. What surprised me is that this generic USB controller actually works with my entire PS1/PS2 library, whereas previous ones I've plugged in did not.

Is this something new, or just something I've missed? It certainly makes for a cheaper alternative to buying another dualshock 3.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there.

Baha

Speevy said:
Hey guys, I don't know if this has ever been discussed, so if it has or it's something you already know, disregard.

It's well known around this board that the PS3 supports USB controllers for its original software.

Well, I've tried a few controllers I had laying around and discovered it actually turns Toy Home into a very playable analog game. Of course, the results are strange and less desirable on something like Flower, which maps the triggers and basically turns you around in a circle involuntarily. You wouldn't want anything but an official Sony controller for that anyway.

Well, that's not what surprised me. What surprised me is that this generic USB controller actually works with my entire PS1/PS2 library, whereas previous ones I've plugged in did not.

Is this something new, or just something I've missed? It certainly makes for a cheaper alternative to buying another dualshock 3.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there.

It's not new but nice to point out occasionally.

I still need to pick up a Sega USB pad

Azrael

chubigans said:
Game's Republic PSN games don't generally make their way to the US. Dark Mist being another one.

That really shitty motion control toy car game made it over here. Although I don't think Catan will be released here either.

Speevy

Banned
Azrael said:
That really shitty motion control toy car game made it over here. Although I don't think Catan will be released here either.

Toy Home, like I said it becomes really easy and playable (though the inherent quality of the game doesn't change, it's just no longer frustrating) when you plug a generic USB controller in.

Speevy said:
Yeah, basically. There must be some limit to what they're willing to put on there, because Sony clearly has interest in it, but only a handful of full retail games have been made available.

My personal guess is not a whole lot, high storage HDDs are very cheap nowadays and I'm pretty sure Sony gets a higher percentage when it's sold online as opposed to retail where they only get the licensing fees. The only drawback is if the game sucks and nobody buys it online then the file is just sitting there taking space on the server. Also for free items like Epic UT3 free map packs and game demos, I'm guessing that the publisher pays Sony a small monthly fee to keep a certain amount of Gigs on their servers.

Again I just pulled all that out of my ass and I might be completely wrong, but it's just an educated guess.

Speevy

Banned
I'm up to 14 PSN accounts, what's the limit? 17?

The reason I ask is that I can buy you the US game of your choice if you can get Catan from the Hong Kong store.

Top Bottom