• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 03/12/09

Crackers

Neo Member
crispyben said:
Mine doesn't have the trophies, how do I get them on there?

There's a new "Display Trophy information" check box.

edit: *beaten*

These portable ids are really cool now.

cr8ck3r5.png

Deft Beck

The main issue I have with the PSN is the lack of PS1 games and the overpricing of UMD Legacy titles ($23 for Parappa!? I got it for $10 on clearance at Kmart!)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
McBacon said:
I doubt I'll be able to do the EU Update today. Who can take my place?

There still wasn't nothing on the store this morning around 11... I'll hapilly do it if no one else did it before I come back home from work around 11pm.

Goldrusher

Ugly IDs btw.

Way too big.
Too much nonsense. (theme on the right, ad at the bottom, bunch of random stuff on the left without telling a stranger what it is, etc.)
Only in purple ?

McBacon said:
I doubt I'll be able to do the EU Update today. Who can take my place?
No problem.

slaughterking said:
Do these new ID's automatically update trophy information?

Well, I just got a trophy to test it out and apparently the ID didn't update itself. I'll check it again in an hour or so to see if it just needs some time to update, but for now it seems it's just a mere png.

neight

Banned
slaughterking said:
Well, I just got a trophy to test it out and apparently the ID didn't update itself. I'll check it again in an hour or so to see if it just needs some time to update, but for now it seems it's just a mere png.
Trophies take some time to update on the playstation.com website.

crispyben

slaughterking said:
Well, I changed my "about me" from "Grandben" to " Burnout Paradise" and it took 5 minutes to update, but I refreshed the page in between...

Goldrusher

womfalcs3 said:
I'm in the US, and it worked fine when I signed in using my US account on the EU website.

It has a UK flag though, and I hope this doesn't affect whatever happens with the US version.

womfalcs3.png
kamorra said:
So, I'm a Italian living in Germany and my ID shows the Swiss flag.

Is this some kind of compromise?

Did you guys merge your eu.playstation account with your PSN account ?
For some reason, the ID then takes your eu.playstation nationality...which you can't change anywhere ?

Meh.

Goldrusher

Sorting your friends by level doesn't work properly either.

It lists them like this:

And within each level the lowest number of trophies first.

womfalcs3

Banned
I didn't merge my account as I don't have an account for the EU website. I selected the option that said "enter new information" or something to that effect. Once I selected it, it took me to a form to fill out, but I just went ahead and clicked on the Portable ID tab instead of filling it out.

It displays the UK flag because I was directed to the UK page by default when I entered the URL that contained "eu".

lol51

Goldrusher said:
Sorting your friends by level doesn't work properly either.

It lists them like this:

And within each level the lowest number of trophies first.

must convert value to int not string.

kassatsu

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
I must say Resistance Retribution launching on the JP store day and date with the UMD launch is a step in the right direction, I wonder if the US and EU store will follow suit next week.
All SCE published psp games are like that in japan, they have been doing it for a while now.

crispyben

Goldrusher said:
For some reason, the ID then takes your eu.playstation nationality...which you can't change anywhere ?

Meh.
You can change the flag (I think) just by logging in from a different site (fr, uk, de...).

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
peacemountain said:
May i welcome you as swiss citizen then :)

Well, yes, not bad at all. I love Switzerland.

Goldrusher said:

Meh.

No, I didn't but it's ok. I'm a swiss citizen now. ;)

Baha

Oni Jazar

Why is Sony so stingy with the avatars?

They should have hundreds of them and allow user customizable ones like Little Big Planet does.

Top Bottom