• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 04/09/09

Mrbob

Look at how Q4B jumped onto the charts with the one week sale. Put Wipeout on Sale SCEA! I'll buy it!

Wollan said:
It's still a fine update. There's two higher quality games (well, one at least in Rag Doll) released there.
EU had an extraordinary update but the US one is still good.

I wasn't a big fan of Rag Doll Kung Fu on the PC....is the PSN version different enough to take a look? Shame there is no demo.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Rapping Granny said:
NO IT'S FUCKING NOT!!!!

Has more value than any $60 racer released this generation /fact.

Burnout Paradise says hi.

And I disliked the Wipeout demo but would probably pick it up for for 10 bucks. It's probably cheap for fans, just not for me.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Mrbob said:
I wasn't a big fan of Rag Doll Kung Fu on the PC....is the PSN version different enough to take a look? Shame there is no demo.

Exactly right. It shows a lack of faith to me. Although Capcom gave flock a demo and boy did that suck.

Pojo

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
NO IT'S FUCKING NOT!!!!

Has more value than any $60 racer released this generation /fact.
Burnout?

Wipeout is a love it or hate it kind of thing. I never did like it, but for $20 it's certainly not a bad price. I wish more games would follow that route.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Rag Doll Kung Fu is COMPLETELY different from the PC version. It's freaking fun and has the most inventive use of sixaxis I've seen.

If you have at least one friend, you must buy this game.

Mrbob

Yeah I wish SCEA would start getting some day and date demos for their PSN titles. It is a little ridiculous they don't have this standard in place when MS requires it. One of the things the 360 marketplace handles better than PSN.

Also, I thought with the firmware 2.7 update I could back up DLC to an exterior source now? I want to transfer my quest for booty download to my usb flash drive, but I don't see an option when I click on the game. How do I do this?

Wasn't Wipeout HD £11.99 when it came out? Did they raise the price and now they are lowering it again for the sale? I thought I had noticed some price increases in the UK store, what the hell is that?

chubigans said:
Rag Doll Kung Fu is COMPLETELY different from the PC version. It's freaking fun and has the most inventive use of sixaxis I've seen.

If you have at least one friend, you must buy this game.
damn, i'm out.
I would like to try it though

Dante

DC Universe has come a LONG way. New videos look good.

LOL at the Genisis collection having a timer. Way to go Sega couldn't you at least let us play till we die on the crusty old titles?

And that Resistance Shattered Stone trailer is indeed badass.

Mrbob

I caved and bought the MGS level pack. I'll probably get the heavenly sword pack as well.

When are we getting the God of War level pack in the USA?

Mrbob said:
I caved and bought the MGS level pack. I'll probably get the heavenly sword pack as well.

When are we getting the God of War level pack in the USA?

IF we ever get a GoW level pack I would guess it would be either a little before GOWIII or a little after it. I'm hoping for a Killzone 2 level pack.

Goldrusher

SuperSonic1305 said:
I've bought all LBP DLC so far. Has anyone worked out exactly how much that is? It must be approaching $100 by now.

costumes
$1.99 Patapon
$5.99 Rag Doll Kung Fu
$1.99 Buzz!
(free) St. Patricks Day
$2.99 Killzone 2
$2.99 WipEout
(free) Chinese New Year
(free) Groundhog Day
$1.99 Toro (Mainichi Issyo)
$1.99 Specter (Ape Escape)
$1.99 Kratos (God of War)
$5.99 Metal Gear Solid
(free) Santa Hat & Beard
(free) Santa Coat & Trousers
$5.99 Street Fighter
(free) SCEJ Contest Winner
(free) Thanksgiving
$1.99 Resistance Chimera
(free) SCEA Contest Winner
$2.99 LocoRoco
(free) SCEE Contest Winner
$1.99 MotorStormer
$2.99 Animals
(free) Halloween
(free) Spaceman "Launch"

stickers
$2.99 Valentine's Day
$2.99 God of War
$2.99 Festive Goodies

levels
$5.99 Metal Gear Solid

--------------------------------------------
$58.82
grand total​

Puck

Banned
Revolutionary said:
Pointless demo.
Well, they gotta do something. Was $58 at launch here in AU (i bought it with a free limited edition vinyl) and it has dropped to $44less than 2 months after release.

slewis7

ChackanKun said:
So is Noby Noby Boy any good?

It is amusing, but it is not really a game; more of a weirdness sandbox. I got my money's worth out of it, but I couldn't really recommend it.

Banned
Goldrusher said:
costumes
$1.99 Patapon
$5.99 Rag Doll Kung Fu
$1.99 Buzz!
(free) St. Patricks Day
$2.99 Killzone 2
$2.99 WipEout
(free) Chinese New Year
(free) Groundhog Day
$1.99 Toro (Mainichi Issyo)
$1.99 Specter (Ape Escape)
$1.99 Kratos (God of War)
$5.99 Metal Gear Solid
(free) Santa Hat & Beard
(free) Santa Coat & Trousers
$5.99 Street Fighter
(free) SCEJ Contest Winner
(free) Thanksgiving
$1.99 Resistance Chimera
(free) SCEA Contest Winner
$2.99 LocoRoco
(free) SCEE Contest Winner
$1.99 MotorStormer
$2.99 Animals
(free) Halloween
(free) Spaceman "Launch"

stickers
$2.99 Valentine's Day
$2.99 God of War
$2.99 Festive Goodies

levels
$5.99 Metal Gear Solid

--------------------------------------------
$58.82
grand total​

wow - impressive.

seems like LBP must be making sony and mm a tidy profit!

Maggot9

Banned
did anyone buy Siren because of the sale? I bought mine a couple days ago and wrote a couple of impressions in the official thread. it would be great if we could get a bunch of people playing it for the first time to temporarily bump the thread and talk about it some :) im on the 7th Episode

ruxtpin

Banned
Maggot9 said:
did anyone buy Siren because of the sale? I bought mine a couple days ago and wrote a couple of impressions in the official thread. it would be great if we could get a bunch of people playing it for the first time to temporarily bump the thread and talk about it some :) im on the 7th Episode

Wait. Siren was on sale?

damn. it.

Dizzan said:
Wipeout HD $23.95

Still too expensive.

baby.gif

Rag Doll Kung Fu burned me too bad on the PC...whenever I hear its name, I shudder. Maybe I'll look into the PS3 version, but man, it's going to be hard....

MadFuzzy

FFVII International is also now available on the HK Store for 118HKD but it's obviously in Japanese

Perhaps there might be hope for a western release at some non-descript point in the future.

Wollan

I discovered a design error with the PS Store yesterday (unless someone know of a solution).

I checked the PS Store while the update was uploading yesterday. The EU sales folder showed 15 games for me.

Shortly after my flatmate checked it as well using his account, it was still uploading (we're both using Norwegian accounts) and it shows 17 games for him.

The total number should be 18 games on sale. The game we are both missing is Siren (even today). Looking it up via the other categories shows that it's available for a discount price.

SO... the PS Store saves a cache then for each individual account for the last update and that cache remains permanent until next week seemingly. Is there anyway to refresh this cache?

SappYoda

Wollan said:
I discovered a design error with the PS Store yesterday (unless someone know of a solution).

I checked the PS Store while the update was uploading yesterday. The EU sales folder showed 15 games for me.

Shortly after my flatmate checked it as well using his account, it was still uploading (we're both using Norwegian accounts) and it shows 17 games for him.

The total number should be 18 games on sale. The game we are both missing is Siren (even today). Looking it up via the other categories shows that it's available for a discount price.

SO... the PS Store saves a cache then for each individual account for the last update and that cache remains permanent until next week seemingly. Is there anyway to refresh this cache?

Yesterday I couldn't see all the games listed here, but today I am able to see them all (Spanish store).

I realised I didn't see Blast Factor in the sale yesterday. I'll check again today.

It's about time they release the trophy update in Europe :|

PuMa

I had a blast playing Rag Doll Kung Fu yesterday. I would really recommend that you buy it if youre a fan of the Smash Bros. type games and especially if you have friends to play with locally.

As far as online multiplayer, I know the initial game descriptions said it would launch with the capability, so I'm guessing it wont be long before it's patched in. It was also just mentioned on the PSBlog that there will be a demo soon.

Mrbob said:
Yeah I wish SCEA would start getting some day and date demos for their PSN titles. It is a little ridiculous they don't have this standard in place when MS requires it. One of the things the 360 marketplace handles better than PSN.
SCEA will never have the standard. Eric Lempel once said it an interview:
Eric Lempel: We've actually offered several demos of downloadable games since PlayStation Store launched, including a demo for Blast Factor, which was a launch title, as well as Nucleus, Lemmings, Go! Sudoku, PixelJunk Racers, Super Puzzle Fighter II, etc. You can expect to continue seeing more free demos of downloadable titles in the future.

It's something that SCEA encourages developers to do, but it is ultimately up to each developer to make that decision. We want PlayStation Network to be as open as possible and not restrictive for developers, some of whom may have smaller teams and need to devote all of their resources to shipping a great title vs. creating a demo.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50380

When there was a comparison somewhere before on how well games sold having a demo, just trailer, or no demo and no trailer, games usually sold the best on PSN with just a video, which is another reason most devs do that. It also doesn't help that a demo can ruin many games, since it can be hard for it to represent the final product. Everyday Shooter, each stage is different, appealing to different people. Using the first stage which some might not like, could hurt them from buying the game, although they may like the rest of the game. Crash Commando would also be a bit hard because single player isn't exactly exciting (online is where its at), but some sort of online demo may give to much where people don't see a reason to buy. As long as sales continues to be higher for games lacking demos, there probably won't be a change on PSN. I don't see the situation getting better with SCEA now charging publishers $0.16 per gigabyte for every 1GB downloaded of their content, in order to pay the bandwidth fees to keep PSN free.

As far as Kung Fu lacking online, I just see one of the two things happening if it did have online:
-People complaining its way too lazy and unplayable online (kind of like how LBP and some games can be).
-People complaining about its online setup.
-People complaining there's too many disconnection problems or problems connecting.

I'm going to buy the game, but I have to wait a little on making purchases.

I bought Everyday Shooter - which means I now have both Stardust and EDS (PSP versions)

Although I'm pretty sure that Stardust has more modes (and is probably the more full featured game) I feel that EDS is the better of the two

I love the music in EDS and I like how I'm getting "unlock points" so no matter how little I play at a given time I still feel like I'm making some progress

Also, I found out that if you backup all your PSP games on your pc with the media manager, delete them from the PSP, and then add them back in, they appear in the order you add them - a crappy (but as far as I can tell, only) way to organize your psp games

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
ChackanKun said:
So is Noby Noby Boy any good?

I don't think it's any good at all. I just don't see any fun in it. Even my daughter doesn't want to play it. :(

At least it's only 4.99, so no big loss to try it out.

Top Bottom