• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 05/18/10 - Rocket Knight (US) | Sam & Max S3E2

kassatsu

Banned
Jim said:
EU and JP versions are "Trial and Unlock", so yeah, it will have a demo with the option to buy.
Thing is though the Japanese version doesn't have the demo to download. They give you the demo and the unlock when you buy it.

spats

Yenrot said:
This is the day Resident Evil 1, 2 and Silent Hill 1,2 are released on EU PSN. Believe.

I wish!

Silent Hill 1 went up on EU psn last december-ish but got pulled the next day. Should've picked up then. >:I

Majine

Banned
Well, for the people who thought last weeks EU update was awful for the PSP, they said it will be better this week.

On the other hand, anything would be better than last week. :lol

TimeKillr

shidoshi said:
No offense, but I played the Wii version back at Christmas, and the game was an utter mess. The studio would go totally quiet during the videos that played, said videos often cut off before they were even done playing, and a lot of other little issues were found all over the game.

Since it sounds like this version is indeed related to the other versions, are issues like that still present?

No offense taken (I am aware of some of these issues, but as you know there are time constraints and such. :( )

The studio going quiet though is a design decision - we initially had the crowd playing during the videos and it rendered the audio absolutely inaudible in the video. Any sort of additional crowd just made the videos MUCH harder to understand, so we had to cut the crowd.

The videos being cut off before they were done playing is new to me though. Are you sure you weren't hitting a button to skip them? Or maybe you're referring to the still image at the end not being exactly the same as the last frame of the video (I guess that can make it look like it was cut?)

If it's the still image at the end, it was done because in a lot of cases the last frame of the video is not something appropriate we can use as a reference frame, and also because we had some tech issues when the videos were resizing and such with our video player.

There are also other things to consider with the videos. We had VERY VERY VERY strict constraints in what content we could include in them - no hearing of Drew (or Bob, in some cases), no showing of contestants, etc. It was a challenge making sure everything fit together in there.

I don't know what other little issues you're talking about, though. The videos and the crowd are definitely the same in the PSN version.

mollipen

TimeKillr said:
I don't know what other little issues you're talking about, though. The videos and the crowd are definitely the same in the PSN version.

To be fair, my time spent with the game was just like a half-hour period while at a friend's house for the holidays. We were looking for things to play together, and that was one of the games we put in. So, I don't recall all of the exact issues I had with the game, and I may be remembering some of them unfairly for what they were.

I just remember feeling like the game felt unfinished / rushed in some ways, which, knowing how game design works, I wouldn't at all be surprised by. *heh* The crowd noise over the videos issue I can understand, but I still think it would have added a lot had it been worked out. For me, it was just utterly bizarre to hear the audience go completely silent during those moments.

But, then again, I'm the person who has always obsessed over (and bitched about) terrible crowd noise control in wrestling games, so small details like that totally catch my attention.

I think my other big argument was with how the game decided what games could and couldn't be played at any one time, but that's something I really hesitate to get into as I'm not sure I'm remembering the details exactly.

Vamphuntr

It's quite epic. Out of the 100+ psone classics on the store, only about 10-15 are good and worth buying.

Still waiting on those psone games Capcom submitted for approval months ago.

Vamphuntr said:
It's quite epic. Out of the 100+ psone classics on the store, only about 10-15 are good and worth buying.

Months? That's probably over a year now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Vamphuntr said:

Biohazard 1-2
Biohazard 3: Last Escape

AKA:

Resident Evil 1-2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Came out.

Dino Crisis 1 came out.

It leaves Dino Crisis 2 to come out.

(Oh, yeah, and announce Breath of Fire 3/4, you assholes)

Baki

reKon said:
9:00 GMT

damn that means for me it's going to have to til 8 PM est (I don't live in Cali, I live in Michigan)

9AM or PM GMT? Because its 22;25 here right now.

TheSeks

Baki said:
9AM or PM GMT? Because its 22;25 here right now.

Oh, you wacky rest of the world and your 24 hour clocks.

5PM PST
+3 GMT for EST = ~8PM EST
+ 5 hours from then for GMT = 1AM GMT

DiscoJer

Vamphuntr said:

Still waiting for DMC PSP, too.

Capcom is not the most forthright company in the world. They lied about not being able to put one PSP game on the store because of technical reasons, even though the store in Japan has it (and it works okay on CFW).

I really doubt Sony decided to pick XS games back catalog for release over Capcom's - Capcom probably just didn't bother...

European Critter Crunch code for whoever grabs it first.

GM3E-JMB3-NHGM

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT (or don't fight and just grab the code first)!

Vamphuntr

TheSeks said:
Biohazard 1-2
Biohazard 3: Last Escape

AKA:

Resident Evil 1-2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Came out.

Dino Crisis 1 came out.

It leaves Dino Crisis 2 to come out.

(Oh, yeah, and announce Breath of Fire 3/4, you assholes)

After these were released they made a post on capcom unity about submitting more games for approval... And nothing happened.....

EDIT : You forgot Mega Man Legends

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
shidoshi said:
But, then again, I'm the person who has always obsessed over (and bitched about) terrible crowd noise control in wrestling games, so small details like that totally catch my attention

Oh god. Fire Pro Z must have given you an aneurysm. :lol

Yazuka

Cromulent_Word said:

GM3E-JMB3-NHGM

I got that one. Thanks a bunch!

Vamphuntr

DiscoJer said:
Still waiting for DMC PSP, too.

This was officialy canned. So you will wait forever.

DiscoJer said:
Capcom is not the most forthright company in the world. They lied about not being able to put one PSP game on the store because of technical reasons, even though the store in Japan has it (and it works okay on CFW).

How dare they lie about Mega Man Powered Up. How do you know they are lying? You analyzed the game's coding yourself running on the most recent firmware? They brought X Maverick Hunter on PSN and multiples psone classics and psp games. I guess that if they didn't put MMPU on the store they have a good reason.

DiscoJer said:
I really doubt Sony decided to pick XS games back catalog for release over Capcom's - Capcom probably just didn't bother...

Sony didn't pick XS games at all. It's not like Sony can go harass SE and beg them to give them the rights to their best games so they can put it on the store. Publishers choose which game they want to put online and they send them for approval to Sony. XS Games LLC wanted their shitty games up and they submitted them for Sony. You really think if Sony could choose any game they wished that there would be so much terrible games on PSN. They are not dumb, they know which games were the best psone games.

The thing is that not all psone games are 100% compatible on the PS3/PSP emulator. For example RE 2 would crash during the door opening animation if you had CFW or an earlier firmware version. Testing games can take time. And they update firmware accordingly for new releases.

mollipen

Seraphis Cain said:
Oh god. Fire Pro Z must have given you an aneurysm. :lol

Let me clarify: I hate the lazy crown noise in most wrestling games. Anybody who watches wrestling knows how much a crowd can either make or break a match/show depending on how good or bad they are. Unfortunately, far too many devs overlook this, and don't appreciate how much impact such a seemingly small factor of the game can have.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Cromulent_Word said:

GM3E-JMB3-NHGM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

1zqf3g5.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
shidoshi said:
Let me clarify: I hate the lazy crown noise in most wrestling games. Anybody who watches wrestling knows how much a crowd can either make or break a match/show depending on how good or bad they are. Unfortunately, far too many devs overlook this, and don't appreciate how much impact such a seemingly small factor of the game can have.

Ah, gotcha. KoC2 has some damn good crowd noise, in my opinion.

On-topic: Was Bomberman Fantasy Race any good?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Ewww at the store background! Wasn't all of the dumb advertising on the XMB enough?!

Barf at Split Second "dlc" while I'm at it ~_~

TheSeks

chubigans said:
Bwahaha:

Not quite my definition of permanent.

Hmm... Joust for $2... not bad, but no trophies and it's probably a bad port to PS3.

Not that I'd play Joust more than 30 mins and then forget about it. :lol

Top Bottom