• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/24/08

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Eden is so beautiful...

Gameplay is fun, and I am buying it, but I'm not sure if it'll have the awesome appeal of Monsters.

RedBoot said:
No 1942 demo? Am I really going to have to boot up my 360, play the demo there, and decide if I want to buy it on my PS3? :lol

Considering Siren as well...is it planned for a disc release in the US or not? I'd rather get the disc, if it's coming.
That's what I had to do. I did that to Commando also, lol.

The disc version is not planned for the U.S., only Asia. Someone within SCEA at the PS Blog pointed towards the Play-Asia Asia import for those who wanted the disc version.

Eden's awesome, i'm really enjoying it so far - can't wait for the full game. I've found 3 gardens and got 5 spectra's between them, anyone know if theres any more gardens in the demo?

Flunkie

Banned
I wish the controls were better in Eden. I hate having to either hold and release or double tap just to jump. I wish it were tap to jump without silk and hold to jump with silk.. or something like that. I fell down constantly in the demo just because I thought I was going to jump and I ended up jumping with silk, and vice versa.

Love the game though. :) It's beautiful.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How do you buy Eden, do you have to download the demo first?

Edit: Nevermind, the demo is the only thing available yet.

Captain N said:
Boo! Capcom said all future titles would.
They said 1942 and Bionic Commando would not (devs just got it 2 months ago). Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD might, but no guarantee. All other games after that will.

Oh, also, does anyone know why there is a spectra in each level that "Clears" it?

If you grab other spectra, you can still play the level...but if you grab the "clear" spectra, it ends your play session

indie85

Banned
Flunkie said:
I wish the controls were better in Eden. I hate having to either hold and release or double tap just to jump. I wish it were tap to jump without silk and hold to jump with silk.. or something like that. I fell down constantly in the demo just because I thought I was going to jump and I ended up jumping with silk, and vice versa.
This.

Flunkie said:

Love the game though. :) It's beautiful.

Agreed with your control suggestions.

Why doesn't someone make an official PJE thread?

Pain will be mine tonight. Sony and MS should do these sales on DL games a lot more often, IMO. None of the other sale titles interest me much (didn't like the pj monsters demo, not my cup of tea). Can't wait to try out Eden, though.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Solideliquid said:
Has anyone purchased any SD movies off the PSN store? How dothey look on an HDTV?
They look pretty decent. It's like a DVD in quality and the PS3 upscales it like one too. The episodes of It's Always Sunny I downloaded look pretty great. About as good as SD can get.

yurinka

Eden is fucking awesome!!! Gameplay, controls, visuals, music, all is awesome and original!!! <3 <3 <3
Bionic Commando Making Of and SFIV theme (also includes FXSounds) / background rules!

Now installing 1942...

Private Hoffman said:
How many levels are in the demo? I've unlocked 3 so far.

Isn't that pretty big for just a demo?
You can play until you collect five spectra. The farthest you can get is to Garden 3. You can unlock one in each garden, then unlock two more in the garden(s) of your choice.

lunlunqq

need impressions on 1942

i was a little disappointed at the last batch of screens. but if the gameplay is good, i will buy it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
lunlunqq said:
need impressions on 1942

i was a little disappointed at the last batch of screens. but if the gameplay is good, i will buy it.
It reminds me a lot of Commandos 3.

I did not like Commandos 3.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
chubigans said:
Eden is so beautiful...

Gameplay is fun, and I am buying it, but I'm not sure if it'll have the awesome appeal of Monsters.

I agree with this, I love PJE but sees a bit different that PJM so people who really liked PJM may not like PJE BUT I think it may win them over with its beauty and awesome music.

GeoramA

Just died on the 3rd garden in Eden. This game is so awesome. I've never played anything like it.

Each garden is fucking HUGE. I didn't even come close to getting all the plants to grow on the first 2 gardens.

maxax

After 45 minutes with Eden.

Good LORD, the style and the music are fucking incredible. This is video game art right there people.

The controls are weird though, I don't like how I have only very minimal mid-air control, I already missed so many seeds and spectra by a few milimeters, it's annoying.
Still, definitely a guaranteed buy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EDEN DEMO! (LTTP)

panda21

how do i shot web?

oh wait, I can't : (

feels a bit clunky considering the kind of game its meant to be and i freaking hate the pixeljunk character design. still buying cos its pretty and it sounds nice.. but i think the actual gameplay is badly designed.

Kazenone

Kagari said:
Isn't Pixeljunk's next game a dungeon crawler?

That's the rumour... Along with PixelJunk Encore and PixelJunk Eden trademarks, PixelJunk Dungeon was also registered. Last I heard Q-games didn't confirm or deny what they were doing with it though.

GeoramA

panda21 said:
how do i shot web?

oh wait, I can't : (

feels a bit clunky considering the kind of game its meant to be and i freaking hate the pixeljunk character design. still buying cos its pretty and it sounds nice.. but i think the actual gameplay is badly designed.
Just keep playing. It takes a few minutes to fully understand the controls, especially the jumping and the swinging.

Dante

Kazenone said:
That's the rumour... Along with PixelJunk Encore and PixelJunk Eden trademarks, PixelJunk Dungeon was also registered. Last I heard Q-games didn't confirm or deny what they were doing with it though.

pixeljunk_3a.jpg

Top Bottom